John McGinn

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Buds should be careul what the wish for!

a tidy sell on fee for McGinn moving on is most welcome, however a cash rich Hibs may well come looking for Magennis to replace him..!

They're not rich enough.

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Buds should be careul what the wish for!

a tidy sell on fee for McGinn moving on is most welcome, however a cash rich Hibs may well come looking for Magennis to replace him..!

No way they can afford a player with a three year contract to run.

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Was yesterday not the deadline for Celtic to sign McGinn to play in Europe ? 

Was something mentioned about that on the radio the other day and it was said teams are allowed to play a wild card or something like that.  Add one new player after registration deadline.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by pod

I see Wolves have bid £12 million for a Man City youngster, whom I must confess I have never heard of, yet Celtic bid £1.5 million for a Scotland international, while receiving £7 million for Armstrong. It is no wonder our game is struggling. I know it is silly money down south, Maddison £24 million ffs, but the enormous disparity is becoming embarrassing.

8 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

I see Wolves have bid £12 million for a Man City youngster, whom I must confess I have never heard of, yet Celtic bid £1.5 million for a Scotland international, while receiving £7 million for Armstrong. It is no wonder our game is struggling. I know it is silly money down south, Maddison £24 million ffs, but the enormous disparity is becoming embarrassing.

Was the Man City youngster Ellis Plummer or Adam Drury?

12 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Every club in the English premiership receive 84.4 million.  Celtic got 1 million in fact Scottish football are one of the lowest paid in Europe. Top brass and clubs accepted it no one else to blame though Amazon are going to start broadcasting live games which might help. 

1 hour ago, cambiebud said:

The Man City youngster is a Ukrainian international with 17 caps.

11 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Thanks Wendy. Wasn’t aware of that, obviously worth 10 times John McGinn as he is a Man City reserve

Olivier Ntcham was also a Man City reserve and he only cost £4 million.

Patrick Roberts is a Man City reserve and he actually did cost them £12 million!

John McGinn will probably be Ntcham's back up so £1.5 million doesn't seem too unrealistic.

Edited by Wendy Saintss

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

No other offers coming in for McGinn as of yet can see Celtic coming back in with 1.5 million again plus a player sweetener especially if there are no more interested clubs. Even 6 month down the line Celtic could sign him on a pre contract.  

What makes you think other clubs ain't interested?

£2.5m upfront, Scott Allan going the other way, 10% sell on and additional monies based on appearances and trophies that will take the total value up to £5m.

Brendan Rodgers has spoken publicly for the first time about the transfer which suggests it's all done and dusted.

£2.5m - £120k = £800k for us which is a massive, massive windfall. I also believe according to the rules that we're due the same cut of any future clauses agreed upon between Celtic and Hibs if they are met, so even if there is £2m worth of clauses, we'll also get 1/3

Edited by djchapsticks

50 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

£2.5m upfront, Scott Allan going the other way, 10% sell on and additional monies based on appearances and trophies that will take the total value up to £5m.

Brendan Rodgers has spoken publicly for the first time about the transfer which suggests it's all done and dusted.

£2.5m - £120k = £800k for us which is a massive, massive windfall. I also believe according to the rules that we're due the same cut of any future clauses agreed upon between Celtic and Hibs if they are met, so even if there is £2m worth of clauses, we'll also get 1/3

Quite a jump from £1.5m initial offer to £2.5m.  Would be pleasantly surprised.  Suspect if it is £2.5m that would include appearances and trophies.  Septic are pretty shrewd financially unfortunately.