John McGinn

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Say we add 500 seats with 2 corners developed in the away end. Those 500 seats will be filled 3 times a season and only in seasons in the top division. 1500 x £25 = 37.5k per season. We would need to be 10years solid plus in the same division as the two cheeks to even get close to generating additional revenue. Poor decision imo ! Surely money received for players should first and foremost benefit us, the Saints supporters who pay week in week out and watch these players develope, not creating capacity for away supporters most of which will remain empty most of the time. Bigger away supports giving our opponents a boost in our  stadium - great idea !!!

Players will come and go, the stadium should be around for another 100 years.

Best thing to do would be to ring fence the McGinn money and invest it for the long term. Then, say in 20 years or so, we should have a massive lump sum of money which we could start to live off the interest.

The ring fenced fund could, of course, be dipped into from time to time for things such as new AstroTurf for training pitches.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Players will come and go, the stadium should be around for another 100 years.

Yes it will..the stadium shall endure.  It better for my name is on a brick.....when Smisa fails (and it will) when will the "look at me" wall come down?

Ps to keep on topic, if John  McGinn threatens to move as part of any swap deal and nortfor cold hard cash, why dont we get his brothers to batter him?

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

The OF could sell 4000 or 5000 tickets every time they come, expanding the away end makes perfect sense.

We've also sold more home season tickets than ever before, hopefully suggesting our home crowds will continue to grow.  If you look at the Morton game last season we could also have sold more tickets there if we had more options and where to house the small Morton support.

It will be a considerably better stadium if we can fill in all the corners, and if we can afford to do that now and believe we can build further revenue generating facilities such as offices as part of the development then lets go for it!  GS made his money in property so I'll trust him on this one.

I support this approach. 

15 hours ago, shull said:

I heard that the North & South Stands are getting a Tier built on them.

The Macgennis transfer money will be used to fund the new Double Decker Stands

With Corners filled in we are heading for a 12000/13000 Capacity Stadium

I heard the main stand is getting another level built on top of it - but that's another storey.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Scott Allan going to Hibs as part of the deal, so probably not moving much from 1.5m cash.  Should be concluded by Tuesday.

So its gone from £1.5 million to £2.5 million  then Celtic being told by Hibs they want three million according to the Mail. Now you come on and tell us its not moving much from £1.5 million  the truth is you don't know anymore than me or anyone else on here so lets just wait and see how it pans out.

Edited by elvis

1 minute ago, elvis said:

So its gone from £1.5 million to £2.5 million  then Celtic being told by Hibs they want three million according to the Mail. Now you come on and tell us its back to £1.5 million  the truth is you don't know anymore than me or anyone else on here so lets just wait and see how it pans out.

I'm not claiming to have any inside info here, this seemed to have been confirmed by the reports going round.  Brendan Rodgers came out and basically said he is a Celtic player, which is highly unusual, so I believe the deal is done.

Not sure how Scott Allan would work in terms of cash value to us.  Could see it ending up at a tribunal to be honest.

21 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I'm not claiming to have any inside info here, this seemed to have been confirmed by the reports going round.  Brendan Rodgers came out and basically said he is a Celtic player, which is highly unusual, so I believe the deal is done.

Never seen so much whataboutery. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Never seen so much whataboutery. :lol:

That's not whataboutery you absolute plum, :lol:

I sense a teachable moment so allow me to explain.

When Rangers fans complain about being arrested for singing sectarian songs and they say "Aye but what about all the Celtic fans singing the same thing and not being arrested?", THAT is whataboutery. It's just one example. Now educate yourself before embarassing yourself again FFS. :lol:

It is a deflection technique.

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's not whataboutery you absolute plum, :lol:

I sense a teachable moment so allow me to explain.

When Rangers fans complain about being arrested for singing sectarian songs and they say "Aye but what about all the Celtic fans singing the same thing and not being arrested?", THAT is whataboutery. It's just one example. Now educate yourself before embarassing yourself again FFS. :lol:

It is a deflection technique.

Sorry, should have been "fcukwittery" a bit like your post. :lol:

1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

I heard the main stand is getting another level built on top of it - but that's another storey.

6 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:
1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

That nearly had me in Tiers

These terrible jokes are just wrong on so many levels. 

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

It will be a considerably better stadium if we can fill in all the corners, and if we can afford to do that now and believe we can build further revenue generating facilities such as offices as part of the development then lets go for it!  GS made his money in property so I'll trust him on this one.

What's the obsession with offices.  They're empty offices all over the town.  St.James Street offices, Inchinnan Road offices, Renfrew Road (Mirren and Trident House) all laying empty and they're just starters.  

36 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:
2 hours ago, buddiecat said:

That nearly had me in Tiers

The punning on here is plummeting to new levels.

ETA - baws, beaten to it.

Edited by Drew

What's the obsession with offices.  They're empty offices all over the town.  St.James Street offices, Inchinnan Road offices, Renfrew Road (Mirren and Trident House) all laying empty and they're just starters.  

To some extent the occupancy must be determined by the rent levels? Depends on the ROI to the club I suppose.

What about a club owned pub. No membership and open to anyone.
Wouldnt be a massive footprint and maybe some parasols and seating outside so both sets of fans can mix.

Would only cost a few bar staff looking for a dayshift on a saturday and bring in a couple grand a week potentially. Would be nice down at the corner between w7 and away end. Like a wee mini version of the witherspoons across from the radison blu