John McGinn

2 hours ago, SaintGlenburn said:

What about a club owned pub. No membership and open to anyone.
Wouldnt be a massive footprint and maybe some parasols and seating outside so both sets of fans can mix.

Would only cost a few bar staff looking for a dayshift on a saturday and bring in a couple grand a week potentially. Would be nice down at the corner between w7 and away end. Like a wee mini version of the witherspoons across from the radison blu

Missed out plastic tumblers and the cost for bouncers. :rolleyes:   Could have cocktails after games. :guinness

Edited by pod

5 hours ago, pod said:

What's the obsession with offices.  They're empty offices all over the town.  St.James Street offices, Inchinnan Road offices, Renfrew Road (Mirren and Trident House) all laying empty and they're just starters.  

None of those locations join on to the theatre of dreams.

23 hours ago, aldo_j said:

But even when the OF come, we don’t sell out the ground.

additional seats, at this point, would be dead money.

I think naturally the majority of teams in the premier league will fill our away end compared to last season, with some needing an overspill, which we currently are only accommodating the Old Firm for. My thoughts were increase revenue by extending the away end  seating whilst our own fanbase grows even further instead of disrupting our fans. If say Hibs for example sell out their current North Stand allocation, then that's it. They could have easily filled a corner too if there was additional seating/standing. I was thinking longer term revenue, whether it's through our own fans growing or through the travelling support adding to our income with additional seats without moving home fans.

9 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I think naturally the majority of teams in the premier league will fill our away end compared to last season, with some needing an overspill, which we currently are only accommodating the Old Firm for. My thoughts were increase revenue by extending the away end  seating whilst our own fanbase grows even further instead of disrupting our fans. If say Hibs for example sell out their current North Stand allocation, then that's it. They could have easily filled a corner too if there was additional seating/standing. I was thinking longer term revenue, whether it's through our own fans growing or through the travelling support adding to our income with additional seats without moving home fans.

Filling in corners? FFS!

Where will the floodlights go?  Why spend so much money for a handful of extra seats?

Just now, beyond our ken said:

Filling in corners? FFS!

Where will the floodlights go?  Why spend so much money for a handful of extra seats?

It was only a suggestion to avoid home fans getting moved if it was financially feasible to generate extra income. I wonder how current stadiums with corners filled in cope with floodlights?

20 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Its only three years since we were in the premiership and this didn't happen. Why would it happen now ?

7 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

It was only a suggestion to avoid home fans getting moved if it was financially feasible to generate extra income. I wonder how current stadiums with corners filled in cope with floodlights?

designed that way in the first place or much larger and worth the investment when modified-unless they are like livingston who put in more seats than they can ever fill.  Outside of almondvale I struggle to think of a small ground that has extended in this way in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

designed that way in the first place or much larger and worth the investment when modified-unless they are like livingston who put in more seats than they can ever fill.  Outside of almondvale I struggle to think of a small ground that has extended in this way in Scotland.

When Scott talks about filling in ( a corner) it's about the stadium generating money for the club for me that's the right way to go. 

25 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Why would you never need extra income? It is a business after all and a more expensive business to run when you are playing at the top.

Exactly, but some don't see it as a  business.  Filling in corners is not going to happen this season, we also have to survive this season.

Fill the seats we have, save the extra income and use it for more seats, if we're still at the top at end season or else we'll have a lot more empties.

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When Scott talks about filling in ( a corner) it's about the stadium generating money for the club for me that's the right way to go. 

Only if the money it will generate is likely to outweigh the expenditure.  Something that many people are rightly sceptical about.

1 minute ago, pod said:

Exactly, but some don't see it as a  business.  Filling in corners is not going to happen this season, we also have to survive this season.

Fill the seats we have, save the extra income and use it for more seats, if we're still at the top at end season or else we'll have a lot more empties.

Not just survive. 

We have a League and two Cups that we have to try and win. 

3 minutes ago, pod said:

I had the next few years in mind rather than immediately. I totally agree with you, stability followed by establishing ourselves as a top flight team again. 

2 minutes ago, pod said:

Don't think I heard Scott mention seats more building something that can house a business/ business from which the club receives income.  

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't think I heard Scott mention seats more building something that can house a business/ business from which the club receives income.  

Let out some of the carpark out to a car/van rental company.  

Trouble with building is how long before you see returns.

Edited by pod

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have heard Scott mention a coffee shop , being in that business myself you need high volume sales I'm not convinced the market is there , Greenhill Road is certainly a busy street with traffic. 

Personally, don't see it working.