John McGinn

If Brighton are really involved this could get interesting now. 

It would seem up to this point that he really is set on a move to his boyhood heroes Celtic. English Championship would be pretty unattractive in comparison to that, but getting a move straight in to the English Premiership may be a different story! 

Fair to assume that this would be a desired career movefor an ambitious Scottish player but he would effectively be cutting out the inbetween move. He'll make more in wages at Brighton and if he's a success he could likely pick a time of his choosing to Celtic later in his career. 

2 minutes ago, Maboza said:

If Brighton are really involved this could get interesting now. 

It would seem up to this point that he really is set on a move to his boyhood heroes Celtic. English Championship would be pretty unattractive in comparison to that, but getting a move straight in to the English Premiership may be a different story! 

Fair to assume that this would be a desired career movefor an ambitious Scottish player but he would effectively be cutting out the inbetween move. He'll make more in wages at Brighton and if he's a success he could likely pick a time of his choosing to Celtic later in his career. 

If nothing else it would put pressure on Septic to make a higher offer.

3 minutes ago, Maboza said:

That's still debatable I'm afraid. 

McGinn holds all the cards here. 

if McGinn turns down a mega money move to a higher level competition and a team with  much better players, it would show a real lack of ambition. Plenty of time for him to play for Celtic in his career. Although I fear there's every chance he might not want to go. 

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

if McGinn turns down a mega money move to a higher level competition and a team with  much better players, it would show a real lack of ambition. Plenty of time for him to play for Celtic in his career. Although I fear there's every chance he might not want to go. 

Depends on your perspective.  

At Celtic he can win titles and has a good chance of playing Champions League football.  

He won't have that at Brighton but if he can make a success of it there he would have the chance to get a move to a top team like Andy Robertson has managed. 

7 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Depends on your perspective.  

At Celtic he can win titles and has a good chance of playing Champions League football.  

He won't have that at Brighton but if he can make a success of it there he would have the chance to get a move to a top team like Andy Robertson has managed. 

I suppose, however are winning titles at Celtic all that amazing? They could put me on the park and the other 10 players would likely take home silverware haha.

CL football as well if they get it, six games likely  as whipping boys or playing later stage CL quality teams like Man U/C, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottneham, Chelsea throughout the season.

No doubt Brighton have better players and the level of the competiton is much higher than the SP. Would be better for his development and the Scottish national team IMO.  

Polite request: could the gentlemen who are waving their flaccid members in the air and screeching like a couple of gibbons about their in-depth knowledge of obscure legislation, please retire to the Wank Tank to continue this debate?
I understand that premier Cuban cigars and vintage cognac are available on request.
Thank you.

Amen.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Bournemouth also interested - show us yer money.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

And Brighton

1 hour ago, Maboza said:

That's still debatable I'm afraid. 

McGinn holds all the cards here. 

Depends wither he "like to be beside the seaside" or not.