John McGinn

all the money that Celtic have got...£7m for Armstrong FFS. And they cant go out and pay half of that for McGinn who is , if not already certainly will be a better player than Armstrong....if he goes to Villa or anywhere else in England he will kick on and improve and Celtic will never be able to afford him in the future.

I still think the most likely outcome to all this is £3m + Allan to Hibs and McGinn to f**king skinflint miserable Celtic. But, FFS, of what a circus, oh what a show.

32 minutes ago, munoz said:

I can see them regretting it if they don't get him. J McGinn seems to improve with every season and looks destined for great things.  

Aye, they appear to have bungled here. Given what they received for Armstrong, they could easily have stretched it to around £3M and it would have been a done deal.

Ach well, never mind:)

For the sake of Scottish football I hope John moves down South and gives Celtic a bit of a wake-up call. They will happily spend millions on unheard of foreign players but refuse to pay decent money for very good home Scots then complain about a lack of competition. f**k you Celtic.

2 hours ago, shull said:

Any windfall does not need to be spent now.

A small percentage can be used for sensible wages for 2 players and the majority put away for a very rainy day.

Learn from the past.

We very nearly ran ourselves into ruin by spending the Ian Ferguson transfer money on overpaid, underperforming duds. Money that could have almost entirely funded the Caledonia stand.

Investments like corners being filled in, whilst a nice thought, should only be even considered in a couple of seasons from now after we've re-established ourselves in this division and we can be confident that more people are coming on a weekly basis to justify it. Relegation this season would see there being absolutely no point in this.

So in a rare moment, I'm in full agreement with you....and now I'm away for a scalding shower. :lol: 

Edited by djchapsticks

Here's hoping its settled soon so Stubbs can stop helping Hibs to find an English buyer for McGinn and focus on getting some players signed to St Mirren FC - I realise that St Mirren win financially if an English club outbids Celtic and John signs with them but its still a little odd that our manager is helping Hibs get a better offer for one of their players!

11 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Here's hoping its settled soon so Stubbs can stop helping Hibs to find an English buyer for McGinn and focus on getting some players signed to St Mirren FC - I realise that St Mirren win financially if an English club outbids Celtic and John signs with them but its still a little odd that our manager is helping Hibs get a better offer for one of their players!

Helping how?

8 minutes ago, BaldyOzBud said:

Helping how?

A few Hibs related sites are saying either that an ex-manager is helping Hibs find an English buyer or that Stubbs has recommended him to clubs like Derby, Fulham and Everton ahead of the English transfer deadline. If the latest reports are anything to go by Hibs and Aston Villa have not yet agreed a fee and Villa might only be offering £2m at the moment. At the worst a genuine bidding war could get underway if Celtic really want him.

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

A few Hibs related sites are saying either that an ex-manager is helping Hibs find an English buyer or that Stubbs has recommended him to clubs like Derby, Fulham and Everton ahead of the English transfer deadline. If the latest reports are anything to go by Hibs and Aston Villa have not yet agreed a fee and Villa might only be offering £2m at the moment. At the worst a genuine bidding war could get underway if Celtic really want him.

A genuine bidding war would be a big plus for us DOP, and I'm sure that Stubbs would be well up for that, surely it is in our best interests to promote this.

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Hibs would not have given Villa permission to speak with McGinn if they had only tabled a bid of £2M.

8 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

A few Hibs related sites are saying either that an ex-manager is helping Hibs find an English buyer or that Stubbs has recommended him to clubs like Derby, Fulham and Everton ahead of the English transfer deadline.

Sounds legit if it was from Hibs related site...

Imagine passing that off as a fact, scraping the barrel in terms of slagging our manager

39 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Odd that our manager is helping Hibs get a better offer for one of their players, and this in turn probably giving him an extra few quid to play with.

Curiouser and curiouser... :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Sounds legit if it was from Hibs related site...

Imagine passing that off as a fact, scraping the barrel in terms of slagging our manager

Have already said that St Mirren win financially if Hibs do end up with English clubs genuinely bidding against Celtic. Imagine if Neil Lennon started helping move on Rangers players with 1 year of their contract left or if McInnes got involved in helping shift Hibs or Motherwell players. I said it was odd if Stubbs is involved.

STV are one of the media groups saying today that the fee could be around £2m or is not yet finalised - others saying Hibs are still negotiating add ons etc. All last night's reports seemed to say was Hibs and Aston Villa were in talks, and £4m-rated" McGinn was going down to meet them.

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Have already said that St Mirren win financially if Hibs do end up with English clubs genuinely bidding against Celtic. Imagine if Neil Lennon started helping move on Rangers players with 1 year of their contract left or if McInnes got involved in helping shift Hibs or Motherwell players. I said it was odd if Stubbs is involved.

STV are one of the media groups saying today that the fee could be around £2m or is not yet finalised - others saying Hibs are still negotiating add ons etc. All last night's reports seemed to say was Hibs and Aston Villa were in talks, and £4m-rated" McGinn was going down to meet them.

Genuine question here, if you agree that it is a win for us to maximise any deal for McGinn, what is " odd" about our manager being involved?

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

21 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

46 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

You didn't say IF Stubbs is involved at all.

You passed it off as fact, saying 'So Stubbs can stop helping Hibs' and 'Odd that out manager is helping Hibs'

But hey ho, anything to have a dig at our manager, no matter how petty or daft it makes you look.......'A few Hibs related sites'.......:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Another "what if" question.

If Hibs agree a deal with say Aston villa for £2M + a 30% sell-on fee - do we get 30% of their 30%?

Not sure, but what I am sure of is that any clubs involved in a players development through his formative years (in this case, only ourselves) are due a nominal cut (usually between 2-4%) of all future transfers.

Which may not sound much but down there, 3% of say a £10m onward fee would be quite lucrative for us.