John McGinn

9 minutes ago, pod said:

Not interested in second options. Always go for the first.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1000647/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-John-McGinn-medical-Celtic-bid

Hibs boss Neil Lennon said: "He went down to Birmingham, I think he is having a medical there. A fee has been agreed. I don't know if personal terms have been agreed yet.

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

We would have to wait if the second option was chosen. 

So we wouldn't get all of our share up front either. 

We shouldn't under any circumstance be looking to blow the best part of £1m quid in the space of a year  -  so it should make no difference whether we get paid up front or in installments.  (unless of course Villa go bust)  

Even if we did want to blow the £1m before we get our hands on it,  the club could always ask SMISA to front it from the £2 pots and all the ring-fenced money. :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Let's say you are MD at Hibs. Simple example. 

One club offers you 3 million up front. 

A other offers you 3.2 million with 50 per cent now and 50 per cent after 12 months. 

Which would you accept?

Even from a St mirren & Hibs perspective it would be that one. This time next year we would have more money and would be due 1/3 of the 50% if he did get sold. Not that either offer is on the table. Most sources are quoting £2.75m 

Brendan near to tears over this. Celtic matching rather than bettering the Villa offer looks desperate. Go to Villa John. Either way, well done Hibs for standing up to that shower at Parkhead.

Totally agree with you, Celtic think they can just step in & take other Scottish clubs best players, well hopefully not this time. Feck off Celtic & hope yous get gubbed tonight lol

Stewart Gilmour @StewartGilmour1
FollowFollow @StewartGilmour1
More

Believe John McGinn deal to Villa done, what a bargain when Windass is worth 1.2M!!! John will be a huge success down in England, great attitude and marvellous talent. Bloody nose for Celtic in this one.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/SPFL/St+Mirren

2:13 AM - 8 Aug 2018 from Troon, Scotland

14 minutes ago, wabuddy said:

Reported fee 2.1 M

ttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-mcginn-aston-villa-celtic-15005260

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Can't see it being that low. 

Yep,  I agree. 

Surely got to be up around £2.5m - £2.75m mark.  

Only way I can see anything as low as £2.1m getting accepted is if there's a big sell on % built in. 

Edited by Maboza

4 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:
Stewart Gilmour @StewartGilmour1
FollowFollow @StewartGilmour1
More

Believe John McGinn deal to Villa done, what a bargain when Windass is worth 1.2M!!! John will be a huge success down in England, great attitude and marvellous talent. Bloody nose for Celtic in this one.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/SPFL/St+Mirren

2:13 AM - 8 Aug 2018 from Troon, Scotland

Did he tweet that before or after the one where he reported that the Titanic had gone down?:P

31 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Even from a St mirren & Hibs perspective it would be that one. This time next year we would have more money and would be due 1/3 of the 50% if he did get sold. Not that either offer is on the table. Most sources are quoting £2.75m 

Except there is no 50% sell on in the second example...

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Looks like the McGinn deal to Hibs with Saints receiving 33% of any transfer is a great gamble and it's gonna pay of big time. Think a lot of credit should go to the former board Gilmour. Campbell and McAusland. Think we should have this clause in all our young players contracts.

And more importantly- Davie Longwell. 

17 minutes ago, elvis said:

Yes I know about that game but this was a guy who sounded genuine in his believes. 

I heard that if he leaves Hibs of his own volition before his 24th birthday, then we get hee-haw AND we have to pay back 33% of the £100,000 we got for him :(

6 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:
17 minutes ago, AllyM said:
I heard that if he leaves Hibs of his own volition before his 24th birthday, then we get hee-haw AND we have to pay back 33% of the £100,000 we got for him emoji20.png

I heard that we actually have to pay Hibs 33% of all future transfer fees we receive.

Methinks you two need to go back and stay in the Wendy house until you are better :D