John McGinn

Best wishes to John McGinn. Excellent career path - great to see a player who contributed to the St Mirren cause get two good moves and should be made for life. I will certainly be keeping an eye on Sunderland and Villa’s results this season as an aside from watching us.

Well played son.

Great move for John and all the best. Personally I think Celtic have blown it big time and the only chance of them ever signing him will be if he does a Thommo. Sportsound reckoned that Celtic were offering their top wage scale and Villa doubled it. I can see John playing in the Premier league for many years to come.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Great move for John and all the best. Personally I think Celtic have blown it big time and the only chance of them ever signing him will be if he does a Thommo. Sportsound reckoned that Celtic were offering their top wage scale and Villa doubled it. I can see John playing in the Premier league for many years to come.

Hopefully he does do a Thommo and gets his meatball heid home for one last run. 

Can't imagine there's ever been 3 brothers in football who have all signed for the same club twice.

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Never? :hammer

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

85% of your posts are stating the most obvious things that everyone in the world knows, Ricky.

In fairness I asked the question which makes me the dafty not Ricky.

So any chance we can celebrate this positive turn of events, rather than using it as another opportunity to have a pop at Ricky.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

That sounds more like holding a water pistol to their head.
If Celtic think they can’t get through the qualifying rounds without the services of McGinn, then that’s a pretty sad indictment of their current squad. Celtic are very much in charge of this situation not Hibs. 
Suspect Celtic might be in charge of this situation...

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness I asked the question which makes me the dafty not Ricky.

So any chance we can celebrate this positive turn of events, rather than using it as another opportunity to have a pop at Ricky.

Away and bile yer heid. 

He who sticks his head above the parapet deserves to be laughed at................old Chinese proverb. honest. 

Away and bile yer heid. 
He who sticks his head above the parapet deserves to be laughed at................old Chinese proverb. honest. 

Poz need not respond incase he wrongly gets accused of racist posts again

Now, will this windfall speed up arrivals to our squad ?

2 minutes ago, andrew87 said:
On 7/18/2018 at 9:18 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
That sounds more like holding a water pistol to their head.
If Celtic think they can’t get through the qualifying rounds without the services of McGinn, then that’s a pretty sad indictment of their current squad. Celtic are very much in charge of this situation not Hibs. 

Suspect Celtic might be in charge of this situation...

In fairness I did say that after it was reported McGinn only wanted to play for Celtic and at that stage there had been zero apparent interest from England,

Either way, I'm glad to have gotten it spectacularly wrong. Right roon ye Sellik.

5 hours ago, Maboza said:

We shouldn't under any circumstance be looking to blow the best part of £1m quid in the space of a year  -  so it should make no difference whether we get paid up front or in installments.  (unless of course Villa go bust)  

Even if we did want to blow the £1m before we get our hands on it,  the club could always ask SMISA to front it from the £2 pots and all the ring-fenced money. :rolleyes:

We must invest in a pair of specs almost immediately. Big law suit pending.

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness I did say that after it was reported McGinn only wanted to play for Celtic and at that stage there had been zero apparent interest from England,

Either way, I'm glad to have gotten it spectacularly wrong. Right roon ye Sellik.

I think Brendan R also thinks Celtic got it wrong. 

Scottish football is entering interesting times. 

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

By all acounts the fee is somewhere in the upper regions of £2,700,000 - as Div said on Twitter the other day, this equates to the highest fee we’ve ever got from selling a player...
Well Done SG, Previous BoD and David Longwell!

IF,what is being quoted on twitter via a journalist,then it MUST be more than 3M

1 minute ago, andrew87 said:

Called plenty of things wrong myself. Celtic clearly thought John didn't want to play for anyone but them. Nice to see them getting stung for being cheapskates. Having said that they did pay £1.5m for Ciftci so they don't always rip off other Scottish clubs

I have no animosity towards Celtic.  The business side got it wrong.  It happens.  The end result for us financially is good.  Part of me would have liked to see John continue to play in Scotland but he has made the decision to choose Villa over Celtic (if reports are true That Celtic matched the Villains) 

Best of luck.  Hope you win a cup with Villa to add to the ones you won with Hibs And Saints. 

I have no animosity towards Celtic.  The business side got it wrong.  It happens.  The end result for us financially is good.  Part of me would have liked to see John continue to play in Scotland but he has made the decision to choose Villa over Celtic (if reports are true That Celtic matched the Villains) 
Best of luck.  Hope you win a cup with Villa to add to the ones you won with Hibs And Saints. 
Vast majority of Celtic players on £10-£12k a week with only the likes of Brown, Dembele, Sinclair and Edouard on over £20k a week. If as reported Celtic did offer John £23k a week then they must have been desperate to get him. As you say the business side blundered.

33 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I have every animosity towards Celtic. They’re scum. 

f**k’em!