John McGinn

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

If you would like to look back Jaybee , BOK didn't offer his opinion,  by writing in red ( denoting anger or publicity ) that I was "wrong". Therefore not debating just shutting down .

I am all for debate, but if someone hijacks my posts to make wee comments in red, I denote, that they are usually self opinionated bloated twats.

Now if Beyond our Ken wants a debate , then he can learn internet intellect  , make a point without shutting down others.  Maybe hard for him to do this, but hey there is always help available for angry people.....

Finally he states Top 6, that is beyond our budget , beyond our realistic expectations , and beyond our present squad , and certainly beyond his vision and he believes we are doomed....  certainly seems to be Beyond his Braincell Count ...... so at least his handle is on the right lines

Maybe they replied in red to quickly distinguish their replies to your quotes from your original comments?

8 hours ago, DougJamie said:
8 hours ago, jaybee said:

I really hate to be defending someone I quite often disagree with, BUT I certainly don't think he has delusions of grandeur; he is in fact putting forward a point of view many people must be concerned about, as I certainly am .  I would have serious concerns if SMISA as it currently operates was in control of the club (a one way ticket to armageddon ) IMHO.  That is NOT to say a club owned by the fans can't succeed because I am sure it can and will, however there is a long road to travel before this happens and many bridges to be crossed; what we need to do is to be sure we don't burn any en-route .  And this; like your post and his is simply 'my opinion'.  :rolleyes:

If you would like to look back Jaybee , BOK didn't offer his opinion,  by writing in red ( denoting anger or publicity ) that I was "wrong". Therefore not debating just shutting down .

I am all for debate, but if someone hijacks my posts to make wee comments in red, I denote, that they are usually self opinionated bloated twats.

Now if Beyond our Ken wants a debate , then he can learn internet intellect  , make a point without shutting down others.  Maybe hard for him to do this, but hey there is always help available for angry people.....

Finally he states Top 6, that is beyond our budget , beyond our realistic expectations , and beyond our present squad , and certainly beyond his vision and he believes we are doomed....  certainly seems to be Beyond his Braincell Count ...... so at least his handle is on the right lines

Mmmmmmmmmmmm; OK, I do vaguely recall something about typing in red now that you mention it; ( personally I am not sure I even know how to do it) and I never really noticed, bit old fashioned perhaps but I tend to read what is written  and work from there, quite obviously there are subtle nuances that I miss from time to time, so I will hold my hand up to missing that and am appreciative of the manner in which you informed me (non aggressively).   I still think what I said re SMISA has relevance, but appreciate your points.  Top 6?   Well I wouldn't put money on it; but boy would I love it if we did get there, been impressed so far with AS and he does seem to be adding players who appear to have the requisite quality; as to whether it all gels or not . well it will or it won't but I suspect he is on the right track and I do not think we are anywhere near doomed. 

11 hours ago, jaybee said:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm; OK, I do vaguely recall something about typing in red now that you mention it; ( personally I am not sure I even know how to do it) and I never really noticed, bit old fashioned perhaps but I tend to read what is written  and work from there, quite obviously there are subtle nuances that I miss from time to time, so I will hold my hand up to missing that and am appreciative of the manner in which you informed me (non aggressively).   I still think what I said re SMISA has relevance, but appreciate your points.  Top 6?   Well I wouldn't put money on it; but boy would I love it if we did get there, been impressed so far with AS and he does seem to be adding players who appear to have the requisite quality; as to whether it all gels or not . well it will or it won't but I suspect he is on the right track and I do not think we are anywhere near doomed. 

I am a very half full Saints fan- I mean you have to be really or we would all be Lemmings ...... We wont get top 6 this season, but I am very happy if that's the true sights. Back in 2013, hot off the LC win, having a good side with Goncalves, Teale, Thomson, Newton and Dummet we could have pushed on to top 6, but as per with the old BOD they ended that chance . Alan  is no Danny but he clearly has a way he wants to play, and as demonstrated at Hibs he plays the ball on the ground.

AS for fan ownership. For me its the only way forward in football if it is going to be sustainable. The days of the big Fat Chairman and the big fat overdraught have gone. We don't have the money on offer unless we go into Europe and qualify for the Group Stages. Of course do we want a King, an Easdale a Marr , or the new Kelly family at Tic. Feck look at United?  Powerful Chairmans are ruthless at best , they are only a very few good ones

As long as its done properly. Saints have a fantastic support, you just need to see the Bricks, the SMISA efforts and of course a fan in our Chairman, to know this will be a controlled exercise. Its important we stay up, and maybe through time we might become the force we were in the 80s.

For me the path is exciting , I do hope others lift the blinkers, accept the chosen path and embrace it. Fan ownership is the only way Scottish Football can be transparent, sustainable and grow.... IMHO of course  

Edited by DougJamie

On 8 January 2017 at 1:23 PM, melmac said:

I think McGinn will prove this season that he is a far better player than Scott Brown will ever be and Celtic will be kicking themselves.  Celtic are so tight at times. 

John McGinn has been one of the stand out players in Scottish football for the last few seasons and has all the attributes to go to the top in football. I am surprised there wasn't more interest from other clubs in England for him. He is such a talented and commited player. I wonder what happened to the interest from West Ham as you feel they might have paid a significantly higher transfer fee. Maybe Moyes moving on from the hammers put at end to their interest.

Like Wonky Donkey says he will be linked with premiership clubs before long after he plays a few months at Villa for ridiculous sums of money.

Good luck to John McGinn!

Edited by Mr Zo

Great to see McGinn get off to a flier. Villa got him for sweeties and it hasn’t taken long for their fans to realise it. The money going about down there is mental, but I think a lot of Scottish players are undervalued in comparison. Scott Brown looked slow and had a poor game yesterday. Doesn’t seem to have the same energy. McGinn would have revelled for them at Tynecastle yesterday, so hell mend Celtic for their penny pinching. Glad McGinn went down south as it will be better for his development and I can see him being a big success, which I would be delighted about.

If (big if) something I read on P&B has credence then Villa are due to make an additional payment next close season and there's another £2m add-ons that are relatively achieveable.  Usual stuff you'd think appearances, promotion, etc. You would hope that with an initial £2.75m being quoted that Hibs have been able to struture somthing along these lines.

25 minutes ago, David Mc said:

If (big if) something I read on P&B has credence then Villa are due to make an additional payment next close season and there's another £2m add-ons that are relatively achieveable.  Usual stuff you'd think appearances, promotion, etc. You would hope that with an initial £2.75m being quoted that Hibs have been able to struture somthing along these lines.

I remember Lennon saying that he valued the boy at 5m.  I'd hope they got more than the 2.5 thats been mentioned on Off The Ball.  

Even at that, it would have been a steal.  

2 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

I think McGinn will prove this season that he is a far better player than Scott Brown will ever be and Celtic will be kicking themselves...

I posted this on P&B about 6 months ago.  The great unwashed were pishing themselves at how anyone would dare say that he was "Too Good For Celtic".  Hope he goes all the way down south.  Future Scotland Captain.  

Mon the Buddies...!

10 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Any idea when we'll find out exactly how much it was? Surely when the cheque comes in it will be made public knowledge.

Club don't have to come out and tell us more likely we will find out when end of year  financial year account is published. 

Edited by nedflanders123

5 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Club don't have to come out and tell us more likely we will find out when end of year  financial year account is published. 

Yeah, I don't mean the club need to tell the fans, I mean from a SMISA point of view. SMISA members will need to find out a some point. Presumably end of year then.

33 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Why. All parties might well be bound by a confidentiality agreement. Good luck getting 1200 people quiet. emoji87.png The accounts published in Nov 19 will make no reference to specific transfers.

Why would they be bound by a confidentiality agreement? Surely SMISA and the members will have sight of the money that comes into the club?

Which is exactly my point that you wouldn't be able to keep 1200 people quiet over that.