John McGinn

With Livingston the latest club to scrap their academy I think the sfa/fifa should do more for smaller clubs that help to bring through youngsters.

The amount of money that goes about the big clubs is crazy.

If a smaller club brings through a youngster then they should be entitled to a % of the fee for every transfer they make in the future.

If you look at Livy they have brought through guys like dorrans, mcpake,snodgrass and griffiths if they made some money from the future transfers they players had made it could go back into their youth system to help produce more Scottish talent and likewise with us on mcginn if he does well at Villa then his future transfer fee sky rockets.

Just now, buddies1877 said:

With Livingston the latest club to scrap their academy I think the sfa/fifa should do more for smaller clubs that help to bring through youngsters.

The amount of money that goes about the big clubs is crazy.

If a smaller club brings through a youngster then they should be entitled to a % of the fee for every transfer they make in the future.

If you look at Livy they have brought through guys like dorrans, mcpake,snodgrass and griffiths if they made some money from the future transfers they players had made it could go back into their youth system to help produce more Scottish talent and likewise with us on mcginn if he does well at Villa then his future transfer fee sky rockets.

Don't blame or go running to FIFA. This is down to OUR football association making things top heavy and deciding which clubs get the lions, (no pun intended), share

Don't blame or go running to FIFA. This is down to OUR football association making things top heavy and deciding which clubs get the lions, (no pun intended), share

I’m not blaming either just saying they could do more to help out the smaller clubs that are now closing youth academy’s as they see no profit being made from it.

Theirs no way teams like us or Livingston can command transfer fees like say villa wanting 25m for jack grealish.

As soon as a player will see the difference in wages they can get they don’t think twice about moving on which is fair enough and also smaller clubs can’t afford to go around chucking long term contracts at a lot of youngsters

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I’m not blaming either just saying they could do more to help out the smaller clubs that are now closing youth academy’s as they see no profit being made from it.

Theirs no way teams like us or Livingston can command transfer fees like say villa wanting 25m for jack grealish.

As soon as a player will see the difference in wages they can get they don’t think twice about moving on which is fair enough and also smaller clubs can’t afford to go around chucking long term contracts at a lot of youngsters

But you SHOULD blame one of them. OUR football association for listening to that racist fruitcake MacKay who, IMHO, should be nowhere near our footballing setup.

His value has gone up again tonight  with Celtic crashing out of Champions League and most of their fans saying 'we should have signed him'
Hell mend them.

I’m not sure he’d have played ahead of Brown or Ntcham so not sure it would have made any difference.

Septic have fcuked up by not sorting out their central defence. It was Kenny Rodgers who brought in the injured dud Compper. 9 of last nights starting 11 were inherited by Kenny.
All this talk of not strengthening is a smokescreen for his own failings.

16 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I’m not sure he’d have played ahead of Brown or Ntcham so not sure it would have made any difference.

Septic have fcuked up by not sorting out their central defence. It was Kenny Rodgers who brought in the injured dud Compper. 9 of last nights starting 11 were inherited by Kenny.
All this talk of not strengthening is a smokescreen for his own failings.

They should have let Brendan Rodgers do the player recruitment then.:whistle

It would seem crazy otherwise.

Edited by FTOF

6 hours ago, rabuddies said:

His Villa initiation was on talksport yesterday. If you didn't hear it it might surprise you. Sorry this is from the Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/football/ex-hibs-star-john-mcginn-sings-erasure-classic-in-hilarious-aston-villa-initiation/

Only a wee snippet but I thought he sounded alright. :D

3 minutes ago, Ethan said:

We have our money and he has moved on I would rather concentrate on our own players now. 

You can do that better by not visiting, or posting in, the John McGinn thread then. :P

Edited by pozbaird

• 1 month later...