John McGinn

Villa not firing on all cylinders yet, but it looks like “McGiniesta” is. They’re raving about him down there. If he keeps up this form he will be playing in the EPL next season, with or without Villa. Celtic bickered over a few hundred grand for him, which seems incredible when they have a wage bill of £59 million. Good to see Meatball doing the business and what a peach of a strike.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Its probably been discussed before but would we get anything form any future transfers he does?

I would say yes. We had an agreement with Hibs that we get 30% of any profit made on McGinn. They in turn had the same with AV. Any money they get from the sell on will be profit so we should get 30% of that.

While I'd love it to happen. I think there's little/no chance of this becoming reality. Why would he? Why would any established premier league player join a club with no other aim than to avoid the drop? Only players that might fancy a stint at NUFC are those up and coming/from abroad who can use it as a stepping stone. A club that simply does nothing other than exist and make the numbers up under the current regime.

From a totally selfish POV perhaps this will encourage Villa to sell McGinn....

Aston Villa lost £68.9m as they were promoted to Premier League

….crazy to think there's still that amount of money swilling around in the Premiership trough! :wacko:

Or is there, for years we've all been saying the bubble will eventually burst - could Covid be the needle to prick it?

Edited by Bud the Baker

On 4/13/2020 at 9:00 PM, john scott said:

While I'd love it to happen. I think there's little/no chance of this becoming reality. Why would he? Why would any established premier league player join a club with no other aim than to avoid the drop? Only players that might fancy a stint at NUFC are those up and coming/from abroad who can use it as a stepping stone. A club that simply does nothing other than exist and make the numbers up under the current regime.

Is some Saudi multi billlionaire not taking over at Newcastle?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Aye, the money, as usual, will come in handy to pay off our shite management and about 10 dud players around January time. 

Excess income should really be stashed away for a rainy fecking day. 

36 minutes ago, TopCat said:

His - and villas - form has been awful since January. Can see him going down with them.

To be fair though,  he didn't play in February, March, April and May and was returning from a serious injury. 

He'll get a decent move no problem.