John McGinn

To be fair though,  he didn't play in February, March, April and May and was returning from a serious injury. 
He'll get a decent move no problem. 

He’s been rubbish in July though, which seems to be the issue here.

Will see where he ends up. The top clubs certainly won’t touch him. Yo Yo club like Newcastle? Maybe. Is that a step up from another yo yo club like Villa?

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Will see where he ends up. The top clubs certainly won’t touch him. Yo Yo club like Newcastle? Maybe. Is that a step up from another yo yo club like Villa?

If he moves to Newcastle he'll still be playing in one of the top leagues in Europe,  and from our point of view, will bring in more cash. I fail to see the downside. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

If he moves to Newcastle he'll still be playing in one of the top leagues in Europe,  and from our point of view, will bring in more cash. I fail to see the downside. 

It'll be interesting to see, if the Newcastle move comes off, how he gets on.

Bruce has a lot of time for him and I think that helps players.

He was playing well before the injury, and he has been poor since he returned.

Better to judge him on a full season in the top league if he gets the transfer.

24 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I couldn’t give a flying f**k whether it’s a step up or not, as long as we get some cash from it. 

8 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
14 hours ago, Leatherface said:
Fek McGinn, snivilling wee rat...

Sad

Your right, sad he walked out on club who gave him his break without giving a fuk on whither they got anything for him. Have paid him and his two brothers well over the years and chose to slate club when Stephen got released. Didn't give a flying fek himself when he walked out on us....couldn't care less which way his career goes...

17 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Your right, sad he walked out on club who gave him his break without giving a fuk on whither they got anything for him. Have paid him and his two brothers well over the years and chose to slate club when Stephen got released. Didn't give a flying fek himself when he walked out on us....couldn't care less which way his career goes...

You sound like a jilted lover.

12 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

We need to remember that before his injuries he was Villa fans' favourite player even taking into account the messiah Grealish, Newcastle would be a good move for both parties if not Villa.

I imagine McGinn is still friends with Paul Dummett which might influence such a transfer.

This season has proved that McGinn has what it takes to cut it as a Premiership player. And that Kenny McLean doesn't. 

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I imagine McGinn is still friends with Paul Dummett which might influence such a transfer.

This season has proved that McGinn has what it takes to cut it as a Premiership player. And that Kenny McLean doesn't. 

Agreed, McLean doesn't influence a game, hardly passes the ball forward and generally is invisible.

Doesn't help Norwich are pretty dreadful right enough but he hasn't done anything to suggest he'll get a move. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nice idea, but I doubt there would be a sell on clause between Villa and say Newcastle, at which point the money chain would be broken. 

I think we will always be due the development fee which would be substantial if he goes for hefty amount. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nice idea, but I doubt there would be a sell on clause between Villa and say Newcastle, at which point the money chain would be broken. 

40 minutes ago, munoz said:

I think we will always be due the development fee which would be substantial if he goes for hefty amount. 

Correct

5F2185A3-485E-4959-B6A5-1CE26046D332.jpeg

Edited by bazil85

14 minutes ago, Yflab said:

When you consider that Man Utd paid £52M for Fred it shows how inflated transfer fees are in England. The fact that McGinn is on an extended contract will inflate the price needed to secure his transfer. 

Newcastle aren't Man United and McGinn isn't Fred, a Brazilian internationalist, albeit who has been disappointing for United.

There's big money in England but McGinn won't be anywhere near £52m. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, Yflab said:

I never suggested he would be going for that kind of money. If Newcastle are bought out this year, then I imagine that Bruce will get more money to spend than under Ashley. 

As a side note Villa spunked £146M this season on a bunch of hugely overpaid wasters. Useless feckers.

FIFY.

20 hours ago, Krankies therapist said:

Wee John blotted his record when he sued st.mirren 

If he goes for obscene money he should donate his slice of the fee to st.mirren as compensation for his betrayal.

if not, f**kem 

Thomson blotted his copybook when he speared McGinnis with a flag causing a career threatening injury that left him on sick pay

he did what he needed to do just as you or I would in his shoes

17 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Thomson blotted his copybook when he speared McGinnis with a flag causing a career threatening injury that left him on sick pay

he did what he needed to do just as you or I would in his shoes

Feck McGinn, didn't give a fuk about Saints when he walked out on them, cant stand the meatball mutant...