John McGinn

On 7/20/2020 at 5:32 PM, Krankies therapist said:

Wee John blotted his record when he sued st.mirren 

If he goes for obscene money he should donate his slice of the fee to st.mirren as compensation for his betrayal.

if not, f**kem 

I think you will find it was Thompson that blotted the record with his stuoidity with the spearing of his leg. Tell me you wouldnt do the same if another employee done something to you that could have ended your work career and left you on crappy sick pay. Ultimately thats why all companies have insurance.

John McGinn is the best player we've produced through our youth system by a country mile.

He's a player who has done exceptionally well since he lefts us, and as long as he keeps generating money for us through transfer fees, I couldn't give a flying f**k what happened in the past or what he has said in the media.

Luvvly money.:)

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 5:32 PM, Krankies therapist said:

Wee John blotted his record when he sued st.mirren 

If he goes for obscene money he should donate his slice of the fee to st.mirren as compensation for his betrayal.

if not, f**kem 

What a Shull like level of stupidity

And a Shull like style of nonsense spouting

If Shull was injured in his wee hateful taxi and the accident was not his fault, wee hateful Shull would be on to the lawyer in a second making his claim, no doubt feigning the old sore neck as well.  So the hero that is John McGinn was quite right to sue for compensation that he was due.  Of course our fantastic club are fully insured for such an occurrence so your point is as inaccurate as it is hateful.

Behave yourself, behave yourself indeed.

13 hours ago, FTOF said:

John McGinn is the best player we've produced through our youth system by a country mile.

He's a player who has done exceptionally well since he lefts us, and as long as he keeps generating money for us through transfer fees, I couldn't give a flying f**k what happened in the past or what he has said in the media.

Luvvly money.:)

Hes still a wanker the way he walked out not telling the club his intentions or returning phone calls, hes a mutant!

Wouldn’t go as far as calling him a dickhead but did think it was rather poor form the way he left, all the uncertainty, going for a trial in America, potentially losing us a deserved windfall, the compo stuff with thommo too. Just a lot of it was shady.

Will always be thankful for what the McGinns have done for us and will always be legends for cup wins/league win, also happy to see John go on and do really well and earning us a windfall, so it evens it up for me.

13 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Shame Villa stayed up today. I reckon either McGinn or Grealish will be away this window, and it's more likely to be the latter. The Grealish fee will enable them to hold onto McGinn.

Had they gone down, both would have left.

Villa might want to keep him, but could be tempted if bigger offer was presented.

One can hope. 

Edited by pod

Declan Rice being touted for a big money move from West Ham.at around £70 million.

Could John McGinn being the type of player David Moyes usually likes fit in at West Ham?

Would be shrewd bit of business for Messrs Gold & Sullivan.

Sell high, buy low (ish)

16 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

My interpretation is that McLean "moved during the course of (his) contract" so yeah but Mooy was given a free transfer so no.

Fair enough.

The other issue being that McLean was very much only 'ok' at that level. While you could imagine a bottom-half team moving for him, it wouldn't be for megabucks, so the money really would be negligible. That said, it might still cover a player's wage for a season, so not to be sniffed at.

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Does that mean we would have received some money from Arronn Mooys transfer ? And potentially from from any transfer fee if Kenny McLean moves on ?

My interpretation is that McLean "moved during the course of (his) contract" so yeah but Mooy was given a free transfer so no.

38 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Fair enough.

The other issue being that McLean was very much only 'ok' at that level. While you could imagine a bottom-half team moving for him, it wouldn't be for megabucks, so the money really would be negligible. That said, it might still cover a player's wage for a season, so not to be sniffed at.

Yeah that's my understanding, it also covers if a player under that age is offered improved contract terms and rejects it (hence why we get money for McGinn).

Edited by bazil85

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Long John Baldy said:

Hard to tell.

There's plenty of players who seem to have it but they never have the something special, and wee bit of luck, required.

Even harder nowadays with clubs buying success rather than nurturing potential talent.

To Lampards credit he has given youth a chance but that could have been because they weren't allowed to buy anyone last season. 

Aye I think this season will be the measure of that. Will he still be giving the likes of Gilmour a chance when he can actually buy players. Time will tell I guess 

• 2 weeks later...