Jump to content

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, antrin said:

I was explaining your "shares portfolio going up 25%"  was a meaningless figure.

But you know that.  It's a basic tenet of investing in and holding shares.

And if you don't, then you are not a person best suited to possess a shares portfolio.

Whit?

You would be a more interesting poster if you stopped trying to be a smart arse with every post.

Deary me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ach Oaky. I "liked"your post when it just said true. Then you went and edited it to add that second sentence. Now I want to unlike it.

For absolute clarity as to what my point was....

You made a post suggesting that the club should invest its money and let the compound interest do its magic.

Someone responded by saying in today's interest environments there wouldn't be much to compound.

you countered this by saying that your shares portfolio went up by 25%.

I merely pointed out that an increase in your share portfolio has got nothing to do with compound interest. 

I'm a big fan of your work on this board, but sometimes your over defensiveness gets you into a sticky situation and you rarely have the ability to just stick yours hands up and say fair enough. 

I believe you can unlike any post you want.

Oh and you can stick your patronising pish where the sun doesnt shine. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I believe you can unlike any post you want.

Oh and you can stick your patronising pish where the sun doesnt shine. :lol:

I really do love the way that on this board the word patronising has come to mean pointing out that someone has said something factually incorrect. I'm sure it used to mean something else. 

Unless you were referring to me saying I was a fan of your work on here. In which case that was a genuinely comment. I agree with most of your contributions. Particularly the ones that tend to fly in the face of popular opinion. 

Oh! And I didnae know you could unlike. Shows how clever I am. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, munoz said:

Now looking like J McG is staying put . Fair play to Hibs for holding firm.

Way I look at it, unless god forbid he gets a serious injury (like someone spearing him with a corner flag for example), John's value is only going to increase.

He's 2 years left of his current deal.

Hibs aren't daft, they are trying to get him to sign a new deal and if he doesn't then they will sell him next summer.

We'll get our money eventually. I'm not arsed when it comes as long as it's LOADS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

 


I've got lots of things going up - hairline, number of times I need to urinate, ... :)

 

Yeah I wont lie, you are not the only one.

:lol:

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I really do love the way that on this board the word patronising has come to mean pointing out that someone has said something factually incorrect. I'm sure it used to mean something else. 
Unless you were referring to me saying I was a fan of your work on here. In which case that was a genuinely comment. I agree with most of your contributions. Particularly the ones that tend to fly in the face of popular opinion. 
Oh! And I didnae know you could unlike. Shows how clever I am. 

I love how arguably the most patronising cock on the forum accuses others of patronising posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

What environment are you talking about?

My shares portfolio gained 25% last year.

Many companies invest their retained profit in other companies shares.

I'm talking about the "interest" environment as it was you who brought up the subject of compound interest.

Shares yield dividends and their value can go up and down. Bu they don't produce interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

True.

I dont quite see your point but what you say is true.

The point is that it was you who stated that the John McGinn could be invested to let "compound interest do its magic".

I then stated that you won't earn much interest in the current environment.

You then responded by making an irrelevant post that your share portfolio had risen by 25%.

What is the point you are trying to make?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ach Oaky. I "liked"your post when it just said true. Then you went and edited it to add that second sentence. Now I want to unlike it.

For absolute clarity as to what my point was....

You made a post suggesting that the club should invest its money and let the compound interest do its magic.

Someone responded by saying in today's interest environments there wouldn't be much to compound.

you countered this by saying that your shares portfolio went up by 25%.

I merely pointed out that an increase in your share portfolio has got nothing to do with compound interest. 

I'm a big fan of your work on this board, but sometimes your over defensiveness gets you into a sticky situation and you rarely have the ability to just stick yours hands up and say fair enough. 

Beat me to it! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Whit?

You would be a more interesting poster if you stopped trying to be a smart arse with every post.

Deary me.

And you would be a more interesting poster if .... Em well, OK forget it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Have we ever received a windfall for appearances, sell on percentage or anything else for a player we've transferred?

I think we are due a fair few hundred £k when O'Brien and McNamee make a few more appearences.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×