John McGinn

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Is that right? I think Teresa May and Boris Johnson are a pair of cnuts. Do I need to be a member of the Conservative Party?

Yes and I don't want any criticism of Apple products until you move to Cupertino Ca and get a job there. You people and your opinions. :P

18 minutes ago, div said:

No one fan is better than any other. We all want a successful St.Mirren, surely?

Opting not to get involved in fan ownership is entirely your call. The club WILL become fan owned though, with or without you.

Every single member makes us stronger though, and it's never too late. Join in and make history!

Sentence one - I agree fully.

Sentence two - I agree fully with the first part, and don’t believe the second part will come to pass, if by fan ownership, you don’t mean SG and GLS being fans, but rather a large group of fans, SMiSA, taking over with GLS stepping aside. My own view now is that GLS is a very capable owner, and will carry on being the head honcho until he kaks it, or indeed gets jaded as he gets older, like SG and Co. I would have no issue with that, he’s a fan, he’s here for the right reasons. He’s far removed from the Venkys or the shifty cunts down Govan way.

Sentence three - each to their own. If you want to join, fine, if you don’t fine. If you joined but have made a decision for your own reasons to withdraw, fine. As someone in the latter category, I continue to buy my ST, continue to buy merchandise, continue to buy catering in the ground, continue with my car park pass, and if that’s the extent of my involvement, that’s my business.

Gie’s a signing, or gie’s a sale... if his name is McGinn and he owns the Proclaimers greatest hits.

Edited by pozbaird

Well that isn't true though is it? SMiSA members were polled on whether or not to lend the club £50K.
I voted on it. So did 659 others.
smisa-poll.thumb.JPG.f4c52ac34fd6b0fe64f52477c32e7229.JPG
That was posted AFTER the event....

a bit like the decision was made BEFORE it was even put to vote!

There was never a separate vote regarding the alternative use of ringfenced money.

That was posted AFTER the event....

a bit like the decision was made BEFORE it was even put to vote!

There was never a separate vote regarding the alternative use of ringfenced money.

One and the same thing.

Members were told exactly where the £50K was coming from when they were asked to vote.

They voted overwhelmingly in favour.

Is that right? I think Teresa May and Boris Johnson are a pair of cnuts. Do I need to be a member of the Conservative Party?
Didn't say you couldn't or wouldn't criticise, poz, I said that's what the issue is. Rejoin and bring your criticism to the table as a member if you want them to be treated seriously, though, otherwise the members can choose to ignore them.

There's a world of difference between what I'm saying and your comparitor, and you know it as well as anyone.

Yes and I don't want any criticism of Apple products until you move to Cupertino Ca and get a job there. You people and your opinions. [emoji14]

Stick to selling them in Cupertino Ca, then, we'll struggle by without, thank you very much.

default_smile.png

Just now, salmonbuddie said:

Didn't say you couldn't or wouldn't criticise, poz, I said that's what the issue is. Rejoin and bring your criticism to the table as a member if you want them to be treated seriously, though, otherwise the members can choose to ignore them.

There's a world of difference between what I'm saying and your comparitor, and you know it as well as anyone.

Fairy nuff, a misunderstanding when words are on a screen without nuance... can you see that I took you saying ‘the issue is....’ to mean you thought it wasn’t right for non SMiSA members to be criticising? It was just the way I read it.

Genuinely puzzled by this and anyone else who has chucked Buy The Buds for any other reason than personal finance situation changing, or death.

I saw it as a ten year commitment and hopefully the vast majority did too.

Disappointed to see this!!
I pulled out as well Div. Apart from my financial situation changing I didn't want to join SMISA. I had my reasons which keep to myself as it would break a confidence I promised to keep. But I can understand were Paul (poz) is coming from. But good luck to all.

18 hours ago, div said:

"Of course" :D

I'm just plain old stupid, but I do know one thing, and that's when fan ownership is delivered I'll be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the other 1200 or so of us who saw it through!

Well done. I didn't realise I was getting my money back...

We were very fortunate with Stewart and now Gordon and both are fans that put their money where their mouth is. Fan ownership by the Saints family is an enhancement and will guarantee St Mirren for future generations. I'm very pleased to chip in every month and I am grateful to those on SMISA who give up their time for the good of the club. 

Edited by magnus

18 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Well done. I didn't realise I was getting my money back...

We’ve spent it on the AstroTurf. Sorry old chap.

You’ve got your name on the wall so I suppose in the mists of time nobody will know that you bailed after 18 months.

3 hours ago, shetland said:

St Mirren have been Fan Owned since Gilmour arrived to save us in the 1990's. 

We are Fan Owned now with Scott in charge. 

No need for SMISA. 

No need for anybody to pay 12 quid per month. 

Gilmour didn't need 12 quid, nor does Scott. 

If we take care in the future, our Club will always be managed by fans like it has been for the previous 2 decades. 

The majority of shares being held by one or half a dozen individuals is a very different concept to the one we are investing in.

As we saw with the Argentinian consortium (no laughing at the back!) the block of shares could be sold to anyone, and very nearly was.

Under this scheme nobody else will ever be able to own the majority shareholding, unless of course the members vote to sell it, which would seem unlikely (although Dundee fans did exactly that.)

7 minutes ago, div said:

We’ve spent it on the AstroTurf. Sorry old chap.

You’ve got your name on the wall so I suppose in the mists of time nobody will know that you bailed after 18 months.

Me too. All in all I’m just another prick on the wall. :D

For me its about stopping outside influences coming in to run the club potentially putting the club into debt ending up with the club gone forever. It almost happened before and can again in the future. So what can stop it ? 51% of fan ownership means no one but the fans will have a final say for our future. What is hard to grasp about that all for what is cheaper than one pint a week.  But there is always going to be persons who don't agree on silly small things , buying balls , helping a girls team. Money being loaned to the club. These things have always happened with no problem. St Mirren social club loaned our club to bring Jack Copland. The money is paid back , it's money in the bank doing nothing , it will be paid back what's the problem ?  You want a safe forever St Mirren join SMISA let your children  see what St Mirren meant to you when your gone. 

You make it sound like the people who have pulled out are being petty as if they’re squabbling over the ‘silly small things’ as you put it.

Allowing the club access to 50k of ring-fenced funds is a pretty dangerous precedent to set I believe and it was never proposed that this would be the case somewhere down the line when people signed up for it. I certainly wouldn’t class that as silly or small.

As for the quarterly spend projects some of them are just a complete waste of cash. One of them actually being so bad it put us at loggerheads with the club, leaving them with no choice but to ask the fans to reject it.

25 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Me too. All in all I’m just another prick on the wall. :D

I intend to invest in some inappropriately coloured duct tape and resolve that little anomaly:booty

Joking aside, it does concern me that folk who had joined up have opted to withdraw. A few of that number don't seem particularly keen to clarify why. Whilst I appreciate that it is absolutely their prerogative, and no-one is obliged to justify their actions, it really doesn't do anything to assist in terms of addressing any outstanding flaws or other issues with the initiative.

As I mentioned earlier, opportunities like this don't come along often, and the alternative scenarios made me shudder, so I have been willing to put aside any potential misgivings I might have had (or, indeed, still have) in favour of what I believe is the greater good.

The consortium had their shares up for sale for what, 6 years or thereabouts, and seemingly there were no viable bids tabled during that period. Some of us are willing to take a punt on this on the grounds that we want to make it work.  Let's face it, there is no other gain whatsoever in it for us. To this end, I hope people stick with it.

If you think of it this way - there was a recent scandal with Oxfam (and other charities) being exposed for staff using prostitutes in the areas they were supporting people and communities.  I'm sure plenty of people stopped their monthly DDs, and/or donating in other ways to said charities, but there is a bigger cause at stake, so most probably didn't,  and just as well. Probably not the best analogy, but hopefully the point has been made. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, etc....

I’ve had an AMAZING idea.

Once McGinn is punted, and we get our million notes, we use £600K of it to pay off Gordon and boot his arse out the door.

The other £400K we can spunk on expensive players.

And all the other money we’ve saved up to date we can spend on a huge free piss up in the Dome. 

SMiSA can then get in the bin.

It will be fucking brilliant. Well in meatball!

19 minutes ago, div said:

I’ve had an AMAZING idea.

Once McGinn is punted, and we get our million notes, we use £600K of it to pay off Gordon and boot his arse out the door.

The other £400K we can spunk on expensive players.

And all the other money we’ve saved up to date we can spend on a huge free piss up in the Dome. 

SMiSA can then get in the bin.

It will be f**king brilliant. Well in meatball!

Can the saved money not be used on a free bar at this stramash?

Can the saved money not be used on a free bar at this stramash?

That’s EXACTLY what we will use it for. And as we sink our gallons of free beer we will all chant “RINGFENCED, RINGFENCED” round a bonfire featuring a life sized Stewart Dickson with fireworks up his arse.

This of course will set fire to the AstroTurf but f**k it, we will just buy some more.

1 minute ago, div said:

That’s EXACTLY what we will use it for. And as we sink our gallons of free beer we will all chant “RINGFENCED, RINGFENCED” round a bonfire featuring a life sized Stewart Dickson with fireworks up his arse.

This of course will set fire to the AstroTurf but f**k it, we will just buy some more.

Might need a good few fireworks to full Stu's arse , if reports are true.

8 minutes ago, div said:

Only thing missing is the pitchforks, but the mob shouldn't be a problem assembling. 1200 strong standing shoulder to shoulder.

Maybe your plan needs an advert on the scoreboard.... fireworks up the arse of anyone who withdrew brought to you by Brocks. :P

Edited by pozbaird

12 minutes ago, div said:

You self important clown!