John McGinn

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The green bigots have had several success stories in developing young talent on the way to achieving their full potential and have sold them on for huge profit.

If McGinn signs for them and gets a regular game, then he's got chance of doing the same.

Stuart Armstrong seems to have benefited somewhat.

Armstrong is unproven at any level other than Scotland.

How many of these players which Celtic have improved are Scottish and have gone onto huge success (not financial) elsewhere?

Going to Celtic is an easy option for these guys. Guaranteed medals.

They are pursuing performance oriented goals ahead of mastery oriented goals.

To have a chance of being truly great it needs to be the other way round IMO.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Armstrong is unproven at any level other than Scotland.

How many of these players which Celtic have improved are Scottish and have gone onto huge success (not financial) elsewhere?

Going to Celtic is an easy option for these guys. Guaranteed medals.

They are pursuing performance oriented goals ahead of mastery oriented goals.

To have a chance of being truly great it needs to be the other way round IMO.

I disagree.

3 hours ago, guinness said:

See mcginn out injured tonight. Handy to keep yourself from being cup tied. Am I being too cynical?

He would only be cup tied for the next leg as the rules have changed due to extra qualifying rounds.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hibs have told Celtic they can have McGinn for 2.5 million plus Scott Allan.

Presumably then Hibs have done what every other Scottish team do when the OF pursue their player and blinked first, either that or both parties value Allan at 500k which is laughable. Hibs not exactly playing hardball if true !

On 7/11/2018 at 6:08 PM, John Gotti said:

If we get a sizable sell on fee for him, I would like to see some of the cash spent on a statute of Mrs McGinn.

God bless her, she has done more for St Mirren than most........3 players, 1 a club captain who saved us from relegation and now John will make us what might be our biggest transfer fee since Fergie. :notworthy:P

I like your approach! 

2 hours ago, andrew87 said:
4 hours ago, munoz said:
Looks like Celtic are in no rush with McGinn looking like he'll be playing for Hibs tomorrow night. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44877238

Hibs are effectively trying to hold a gun to Celtics head. If Celtic don't make a 3rd bid before kick-off tomorrow then it looks like they'll wait for McGinn to run down his contract.

That sounds more like holding a water pistol to their head.

If Celtic think they can’t get through the qualifying rounds without the services of McGinn, then that’s a pretty sad indictment of their current squad. Celtic are very much in charge of this situation not Hibs. 

10 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Hibs would be stupid to risk McGinn tomorrow night against a team of hammer throwers , though I think he might be on the bench , 

just my opinion , will probably be proved wrong tomorrow

How well do you know the, to class them as hammer throwers? :blink:

I've never fecking heard of them, never mind knowing them well enough to put them in that bracket.