John McGinn

30 minutes ago, Drew said:

Hibs would not have given Villa permission to speak with McGinn if they had only tabled a bid of £2M.

I see some reports are saying hes went down to Birmingham though a fee hasn't been discussed .I don't believe this for one minute. Why would Hibs let a contracted player travel down to meet another club unless a valuation was met or discussed?

Just now, kevo_smfc said:

I see some reports are saying hes went down to Birmingham though a fee hasn't been discussed .I don't believe this for one minute. Why would Hibs let a contracted player travel down to meet another club unless a valuation was met or discussed?

Not a chance that they would.

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Think you can ignore all replies to your question.

None of them will really know.

Any sell on Hibs agree with Villa we get 33% of it. We get 33% of any financial gain Hibs get from John McGinn transfers. 

So for argument sake if they agree a 20% sell on and Villa sell him for £50 million, we'd get 1/3 of £10 million. 

You get £7 million for Armstrong, you spend little more than half that to get McGinn who will, most likely, take over from Brown to be the heart of the midfield for the next 10 years. Isn't a no-brainer?!

Celtic are clearly playing on the fact that JM is a Celtic fan and think the move will get forced through.

You wonder though if, despite them being his boyhood idols, McGinn himself is at the end of his tether with Celtic and is ready to go elsewhere. Offering about a quarter of what they received for Armstrong?

Looks like a cash injection for Saints this month anyway!

Edited by Julian Banjos

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Any sell on Hibs agree with Villa we get 33% of it. We get 33% of any financial gain Hibs get from John McGinn transfers. 

So for argument sake if they agree a 20% sell on and Villa sell him for £50 million, we'd get 1/3 of £10 million. 

I'm sure that's not what happens, once McGinn is sold our contract with Hibs is done

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Think you can ignore all replies to your question.

None of them will really know.

That's a fair point, but it should never stop someone asking a question, nor the rest of us, despite our ignorance on the subject, offering an answer (the more adamant the better). It is how we roll on here, after all.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

That's a fair point, but it should never stop someone asking a question, nor the rest of us, despite our ignorance on the subject, offering an answer (the more adamant the better). It is how we roll on here, after all.

The only way anyone would know the answer is if they see John's contract with Hibs, and if there are any further sell on clauses..... usually after the initial one that's it  

Have seen a few sites claiming that Aston Villa have only offered £100k more than Celtic's 3rd bid. It could be a case of Hibs think Villa could up this further or throw in add-ons or McGinn will be on a better wage at Villa than Celtic or Hibs would rather not sell to another Scottish club or are hoping that concrete interest from Villa with McGinn going down for a medical prompts Celtic to increase their bid significantly since they are no longer the only club bidding and might pick him up for nothing on a PCA in January now.  Villa matching or bettering Celtic's offer is a game-changer for Celtic believing they hold all the aces.

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Have seen a few sites claiming that Aston Villa have only offered £100k more than Celtic's 3rd bid. It could be a case of Hibs think Villa could up this further or throw in add-ons or McGinn will be on a better wage at Villa than Celtic or Hibs would rather not sell to another Scottish club or are hoping that concrete interest from Villa with McGinn going down for a medical prompts Celtic to increase their bid significantly since they are no longer the only club bidding and might pick him up for nothing on a PCA in January now.  Villa matching or bettering Celtic's offer is a game-changer for Celtic believing they hold all the aces.

I think the lad Greslish's  proposed move would finance this. Villa are skint. The move is now in doubt

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I think the lad Greslish's  proposed move would finance this. Villa are skint. The move is now in doubt

Villa have offered McGinn a contract at there training ground according to a Twitter copied onto the Villa forum. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

Other reports saying the finance isn't agreed / finalised and the clubs are still talking.

I'm sure that's not what happens, once McGinn is sold our contract with Hibs is done

Yep. We are only party to the contract we agreed with Hibs. Any subsequent contract will be between Hibs and the buying club.

That said, I guess we could have asked for a percentage of any sell on fee that Hibs themselves get in the future when we made the original deal but they'd have to be mad to agree to something like that

It would be a curious scenario if this (or any alternative) deal is struck on an 'undisclosed fee' basis.

Clearly, St Mirren would be entitled to have sight of the contract, but is it the case that we - the supporters of all clubs involved - might never know what the final deal consists of?

I invite comments regardless if how ill-informed.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

It would be a curious scenario if this (or any alternative) deal is struck on an 'undisclosed fee' basis.

Clearly, St Mirren would be entitled to have sight of the contract, but is it the case that we - the supporters of all clubs involved - might never know what the final deal consists of?

I invite comments regardless if how ill-informed.

Do any supporters ever really know what any final deal consists of?

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

Do any supporters ever really know what any final deal consists of?

I wouldn't imagine so.

We have to delude ourselves into believing that we do/will, however, as to believe otherwise would strongly suggest that we are on here wasting our time talking random shite that is apropos of absolutely nothing - and that quite simply would not do!

Just now, Maboza said:

Do our fans get visibility of transfer fees paid / received at AGM's and in annual accounts? 

Its just one figure for transfer fees received and transfer fees paid, and never broken down to individual deals... eg last year we sold Naismith, McAllister, Mallan, and Morgan in a 12 month spell... those will feature over 2 years accounts and the fees for each player won't be listed in the accounts or mentioned at the AGM.