Aye Villa fans are creamin themselves a lot of them are saying it’s the best debut they have seen from a Villa player..
They are also laughing at the fact he was only £2.7mil..

Did the whole crowd laugh at the same time or did you manage to pick out loads of individual giggles?

On 8 January 2017 at 1:23 PM, melmac said:

I think McGinn will prove this season that he is a far better player than Scott Brown will ever be and Celtic will be kicking themselves.  Celtic are so tight at times. 

John McGinn has been one of the stand out players in Scottish football for the last few seasons and has all the attributes to go to the top in football. I am surprised there wasn't more interest from other clubs in England for him. He is such a talented and commited player. I wonder what happened to the interest from West Ham as you feel they might have paid a significantly higher transfer fee. Maybe Moyes moving on from the hammers put at end to their interest.

Like Wonky Donkey says he will be linked with premiership clubs before long after he plays a few months at Villa for ridiculous sums of money.

Good luck to John McGinn!

Edited by Mr Zo

Great to see McGinn get off to a flier. Villa got him for sweeties and it hasn’t taken long for their fans to realise it. The money going about down there is mental, but I think a lot of Scottish players are undervalued in comparison. Scott Brown looked slow and had a poor game yesterday. Doesn’t seem to have the same energy. McGinn would have revelled for them at Tynecastle yesterday, so hell mend Celtic for their penny pinching. Glad McGinn went down south as it will be better for his development and I can see him being a big success, which I would be delighted about.

If (big if) something I read on P&B has credence then Villa are due to make an additional payment next close season and there's another £2m add-ons that are relatively achieveable.  Usual stuff you'd think appearances, promotion, etc. You would hope that with an initial £2.75m being quoted that Hibs have been able to struture somthing along these lines.

25 minutes ago, David Mc said:

If (big if) something I read on P&B has credence then Villa are due to make an additional payment next close season and there's another £2m add-ons that are relatively achieveable.  Usual stuff you'd think appearances, promotion, etc. You would hope that with an initial £2.75m being quoted that Hibs have been able to struture somthing along these lines.

I remember Lennon saying that he valued the boy at 5m.  I'd hope they got more than the 2.5 thats been mentioned on Off The Ball.  

Even at that, it would have been a steal.  

2 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

I think McGinn will prove this season that he is a far better player than Scott Brown will ever be and Celtic will be kicking themselves...

I posted this on P&B about 6 months ago.  The great unwashed were pishing themselves at how anyone would dare say that he was "Too Good For Celtic".  Hope he goes all the way down south.  Future Scotland Captain.  

Mon the Buddies...!

10 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Any idea when we'll find out exactly how much it was? Surely when the cheque comes in it will be made public knowledge.

Club don't have to come out and tell us more likely we will find out when end of year  financial year account is published. 

Edited by nedflanders123

5 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Club don't have to come out and tell us more likely we will find out when end of year  financial year account is published. 

Yeah, I don't mean the club need to tell the fans, I mean from a SMISA point of view. SMISA members will need to find out a some point. Presumably end of year then.

SMISA members will need to find out a some point. Presumably end of year then.

Why. All parties might well be bound by a confidentiality agreement. Good luck getting 1200 people quiet. The accounts published in Nov 19 will make no reference to specific transfers.

33 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Why. All parties might well be bound by a confidentiality agreement. Good luck getting 1200 people quiet. emoji87.png The accounts published in Nov 19 will make no reference to specific transfers.

Why would they be bound by a confidentiality agreement? Surely SMISA and the members will have sight of the money that comes into the club?

Which is exactly my point that you wouldn't be able to keep 1200 people quiet over that.

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

Morgan and Mallan will be his team mates.

Yup...  

I was reading something on P&B about the cup winning side of 2012(?). Looking back over recent years, we've had some class acts at our club...  

With Livingston the latest club to scrap their academy I think the sfa/fifa should do more for smaller clubs that help to bring through youngsters.

The amount of money that goes about the big clubs is crazy.

If a smaller club brings through a youngster then they should be entitled to a % of the fee for every transfer they make in the future.

If you look at Livy they have brought through guys like dorrans, mcpake,snodgrass and griffiths if they made some money from the future transfers they players had made it could go back into their youth system to help produce more Scottish talent and likewise with us on mcginn if he does well at Villa then his future transfer fee sky rockets.

Just now, buddies1877 said:

With Livingston the latest club to scrap their academy I think the sfa/fifa should do more for smaller clubs that help to bring through youngsters.

The amount of money that goes about the big clubs is crazy.

If a smaller club brings through a youngster then they should be entitled to a % of the fee for every transfer they make in the future.

If you look at Livy they have brought through guys like dorrans, mcpake,snodgrass and griffiths if they made some money from the future transfers they players had made it could go back into their youth system to help produce more Scottish talent and likewise with us on mcginn if he does well at Villa then his future transfer fee sky rockets.

Don't blame or go running to FIFA. This is down to OUR football association making things top heavy and deciding which clubs get the lions, (no pun intended), share

Don't blame or go running to FIFA. This is down to OUR football association making things top heavy and deciding which clubs get the lions, (no pun intended), share

I’m not blaming either just saying they could do more to help out the smaller clubs that are now closing youth academy’s as they see no profit being made from it.

Theirs no way teams like us or Livingston can command transfer fees like say villa wanting 25m for jack grealish.

As soon as a player will see the difference in wages they can get they don’t think twice about moving on which is fair enough and also smaller clubs can’t afford to go around chucking long term contracts at a lot of youngsters

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I’m not blaming either just saying they could do more to help out the smaller clubs that are now closing youth academy’s as they see no profit being made from it.

Theirs no way teams like us or Livingston can command transfer fees like say villa wanting 25m for jack grealish.

As soon as a player will see the difference in wages they can get they don’t think twice about moving on which is fair enough and also smaller clubs can’t afford to go around chucking long term contracts at a lot of youngsters

But you SHOULD blame one of them. OUR football association for listening to that racist fruitcake MacKay who, IMHO, should be nowhere near our footballing setup.