John McGinn

I watched that film about Zlatan Ibrahimovic and his first club received a percentage of any transfer fee throughout his career.

Yeah I'm pretty certain that for any future fees for McGinn, McLean etc that we are entitled to a % ranging up to 2 or 3%, regardless of any sell on clauses. This is for the years he has been developed at the club and continues throughout their career I believe. As I mentioned in a older thread I believe we should have received a very minimal % of Mooy's transfer fee, as will Bolton have received their cut for his development. Be interesting to see if this is reflected in the next set of accounts.

35 minutes ago, Drew said:

Of course, the burning question is, how much of our cut do Stewart Gilmour et al receive...?:ph34r:

I don't really think it matters. It's all the same value of money overall they'd be getting regardless. the most sensible thing to do with any transfer windfall is use it for long-term growth so for me us getting money today or getting money in the future over a period of time doesn't really bother me. 

Always seems to be the same when a transfer fee story breaks and SG et al almost get the persona of the villains taking our money when in reality they saved our club, gave us a decade of top flight football, a major trophy and moved us to fan ownership. Don't think anyone can grudge them this part of the contract to protect their interests in a youth academy they built.

I'm not saying that's what you're doing now, just an observation from other stories over the summer and in January.

Genuinely don't see the fuss overJohn McGinn, he is a decent player but not great. The fact he is in a Scotland squad is neither here nor there. I`d rather have our own McGinn any day. If we are to benefit from his waygoing from Hibs then I cant complain. Rather focus on whats happening here and cross fingers none of our own players are tempted away today.

46 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Genuinely don't see the fuss overJohn McGinn, he is a decent player but not great. The fact he is in a Scotland squad is neither here nor there. I`d rather have our own McGinn any day. If we are to benefit from his waygoing from Hibs then I cant complain. Rather focus on whats happening here and cross fingers none of our own players are tempted away today.

shhhhhhhhh ffs!

30 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Sell on clauses should be written off and treated like a windfall if you benefit from them.

The only transfer I'm worried about today is Lewis Morgan going out with no time to get a replacement.

Don't worry sit back with a nice cup of coffee contemplating how much money you want to spend to make money on crazy odds being offered online for the St Mirren v Hearts Colts. Then start planing that winter break in the sunshine sitting by the pool with a cool beer one Saturday afternoon watching Lewis Morgan scoring a goal :)

19 minutes ago, renfrew said:

He will get what is rightfully his and nothing more.

Which is, and never was any of the transfer fees. The deal was that should the club receive unbudgeted income above a certain figure (i.e. Transfer/sell on fee) then a percentage of any monies still owed to the selling consortium would be subject to accelerated payments from GLS & Smisa..!

so not the club, the club did not purchase the majority shareholding in itself. Smisa would pay up its dues from its funds, and if necessary loan money from the club to top that up. GLS would pay whatever accelerated funds he was responsible for.

if you want to know if Smisa has had to borrow money from the club, what outstanding debt it has to the sellers etc... then drop them an email, or maybe ask Kenny on here. As regards what GLS is still responsible for, thats really his business, the club accounts at the AGM will confirm the amount and balance of transfer/sell on funds, and all major transactions in/out of the club.

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

A bid in the region of £3m supposedly excepted .

They must be mad.................. I don't actually rate him anywhere near that valuation either......................

Mind u Troy Deaney was valued at £32m so what do I know 

Edited by DougJamie

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

They must be mad.................. I don't actually rate him anywhere near that valuation either......................

Mind u Troy Deaney was valued at £32m so what do I know 

Exactly. I'd say they are getting him on the cheap (if the bid is real) going by English prices . Regardless, it's a very decent return for us if it goes through at that price . 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Exactly. I'd say they are getting him on the cheap (if the bid is real) going by English prices . Regardless, it's a very decent return for us if it goes through at that price . 

That would seriously be a game changer, a £500- 700k or whatever it would be puts us in very strong position to keep and build........

What a difference 9 months makes eh  

Apparently Notts Forrest midfielder Ben Osborn is gaining interest from Leicester City.  Talk of up to £10m value on him. If he was to move today, I would think they would be in a stronger position to bid higher for McGinn. It's all about getting the best deal at the end of the day for both clubs. The lad Osborn could well already be on his way out behind the scenes and that cash is already available. 

13 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Would think the money would be paid by Hibs in annual instalments.

Can't obviously comment on when we would get paid if Hibs accepted a phased fee, suspect that we would get instalments too. The problem with instalments for Hibs will be that we will be due money irrespective of whether they actually receive it or not. If Forrest were to go to the wall, or into admin, Hibs would probably still be due us the sell-on fee.

47 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'm just chuffed that throughout the morning when I've checked in on the board, the John McGinn thread has been pinned to the top and the Lewis Morgan thread has remained untouched. 

Never heard of this Morgan ........ Shhhhhh.