John McGinn

56 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
2 hours ago, Helmettroll said:
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5878685/rangers-thompson-knives-toaster-jacuzzi-burnley-macdonald/
Sounds as if the McGinn incident wasn't totally out of character......Defend him now..

Why do we need to defend him.

You don’t. You weren’t asked to defend him.

Unless I’ve got it all wrong and The Rapist isn’t Shull after all. 

On 8/31/2020 at 7:16 PM, Krankies therapist said:

You are a very silly Auld fool .

And who is this Shull you refer to 🤷‍♂️

The village idiot.

An attention seeking fool.

The forum pest.

The community dunce.

Bit like yersel since you are the dribbling halfwit, you are the dribbling halfwit indeed.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Confirmed from Hibs AGM that they will be entitled to 15% of a future sale of John McGinn by Aston Villa to which Saints would be entitled to 30%.

As an example, if he was sold for £40M, Hibs would receive £6M from which we would get £1.8M.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

44 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Confirmed from Hibs AGM that they will be entitled to 15% of a future sale of John McGinn by Aston Villa to which Saints would be entitled to 30%.

As an example, if he was sold for £40M, Hibs would receive £6M from which we would get £1.8M.

That on top of our development fee would be a healthy wedge, on top of what we've already received. 

Hopefully a couple of interested clubs come the end if the season. 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

That on top of our development fee would be a healthy wedge, on top of what we've already received. 

Hopefully a couple of interested clubs come the end if the season. 

There was similar "fantasies" at the end of last season.

FWIW I doubt, IF anyone was interested, McGinn would go for anywhere near £40m.

Villa have at least ONE player that would attract attention and he, IMO, would possibly be in that bracket. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Villa have at least ONE player that would attract attention and he, IMO, would possibly be in that bracket. 

Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You only have to go back 2 or 3 pages on this thread to read similar "fantasies", aye, time will tell.

Same time same place next season? :wink:

McGinn 40 million🤣🤣🤣🤣

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You only have to go back 2 or 3 pages on this thread to read similar "fantasies", aye, time will tell.

Same time same place next season? :wink:

The thing is with some of the crazy amounts flying about for players in England stranger things have happened. Not saying it will or won't, but transfer numbers down there are f**kin absurd. 

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I  think they could get around £40m for him if a few clubs are interested in signing him .  He recently signed a new deal and when you look at £30m for West Ham fringe player Benrahma, who's not even a regular for the Algerian national team, then £40m seems realistic. Grealish would be more like £90m.  

55 minutes ago, billyg said:

I  think they could get around £40m for him if a few clubs are interested in signing him .  He recently signed a new deal and when you look at £30m for West Ham fringe player Benrahma, who's not even a regular for the Algerian national team, then £40m seems realistic. Grealish would be more like £90m.  

I'm still unconvinced, at this point, Villa would get that amount but if he/Scotland had A good Euro's, we all know what that could do for him. 

PS as much as I admire Grealish I still wouldn't put him in the £90m bracket, closer to £50m-£60m IMO. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I only have a limited number of changes of underwear  :spud2  - is there much likelihood pf this happening? 

Why not?

As has been highlighted already, clubs pay crazy money for players these days. Some of them who are pretty ordinary, compared to McGinn.

Also, McGinn has been performing fairly consistently for a team currently sitting in the top half of the English premiership and has been knocking in the goals at international level. If he continues with this current level of performance, particularly in the Euros,  then there's every chance that the bigger clubs that are monitoring him just now, could make a move.

You could also argue that, at 26, he's still got time to develop further and become a better player with a better team. 

Reckon 40 million would be minimum these days way the market is ,especially players playing his position and increasing year on year. He’s highly rated down south.So think we possibly get about 1.8 million if I’m correct if he went for about 40.