33 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Does that mean we would have received some money from Arronn Mooys transfer ? And potentially from from any transfer fee if Kenny McLean moves on ?

Good point: you'd have to assume so, based on that.

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Does that mean we would have received some money from Arronn Mooys transfer ? And potentially from from any transfer fee if Kenny McLean moves on ?

My interpretation is that McLean "moved during the course of (his) contract" so yeah but Mooy was given a free transfer so no.

16 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

My interpretation is that McLean "moved during the course of (his) contract" so yeah but Mooy was given a free transfer so no.

Fair enough.

The other issue being that McLean was very much only 'ok' at that level. While you could imagine a bottom-half team moving for him, it wouldn't be for megabucks, so the money really would be negligible. That said, it might still cover a player's wage for a season, so not to be sniffed at.

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

38 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Fair enough.

The other issue being that McLean was very much only 'ok' at that level. While you could imagine a bottom-half team moving for him, it wouldn't be for megabucks, so the money really would be negligible. That said, it might still cover a player's wage for a season, so not to be sniffed at.

Yeah that's my understanding, it also covers if a player under that age is offered improved contract terms and rejects it (hence why we get money for McGinn).

Edited by bazil85

6 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Rumoured to be signing for Chelsea for £25M.

Another £800k plus development fee heading our way?

Not sure Villa would part with him for that amount. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Just to do a wee Ronnie Corbett style digression for a minute, speaking of the Chelsea midfield, do we think that Billy Gilmour will amount to anything, or will he just be another wee Scottish guy who looked quite good but ultimately did hee haw.? 

Hard to tell.

There's plenty of players who seem to have it but they never have the something special, and wee bit of luck, required.

Even harder nowadays with clubs buying success rather than nurturing potential talent.

To Lampards credit he has given youth a chance but that could have been because they weren't allowed to buy anyone last season. 

1 minute ago, Long John Baldy said:

Hard to tell.

There's plenty of players who seem to have it but they never have the something special, and wee bit of luck, required.

Even harder nowadays with clubs buying success rather than nurturing potential talent.

To Lampards credit he has given youth a chance but that could have been because they weren't allowed to buy anyone last season. 

Aye I think this season will be the measure of that. Will he still be giving the likes of Gilmour a chance when he can actually buy players. Time will tell I guess 

On 7/22/2020 at 9:43 AM, TediousTom said:

What a Shull like level of stupidity

And a Shull like style of nonsense spouting

If Shull was injured in his wee hateful taxi and the accident was not his fault, wee hateful Shull would be on to the lawyer in a second making his claim, no doubt feigning the old sore neck as well.  So the hero that is John McGinn was quite right to sue for compensation that he was due.  Of course our fantastic club are fully insured for such an occurrence so your point is as inaccurate as it is hateful.

Behave yourself, behave yourself indeed.

You are a very silly Auld fool .

And who is this Shull you refer to 🤷‍♂️

On 7/22/2020 at 8:31 AM, paisleysaint1973 said:

I think you will find it was Thompson that blotted the record with his stuoidity with the spearing of his leg. Tell me you wouldnt do the same if another employee done something to you that could have ended your work career and left you on crappy sick pay. Ultimately thats why all companies have insurance.

He sued a pal. 

unforgivable.  f**kem  

56 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
2 hours ago, Helmettroll said:
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5878685/rangers-thompson-knives-toaster-jacuzzi-burnley-macdonald/
Sounds as if the McGinn incident wasn't totally out of character......Defend him now..

Why do we need to defend him.

You don’t. You weren’t asked to defend him.

Unless I’ve got it all wrong and The Rapist isn’t Shull after all.