Jack Ross OBE

55 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Is Lord Pity me on the board of SMISA 

I've had a look and can't make up my mind which one is LPM

I seem to remember him being named a few years back when he was posting as somner.

I dont know why the name Tony leaps to my mind.

I do recall his behaviour being Dickson like though.

Something about 10000 whores kept coming up. I am pretty sure there was more than one alias involved as well. It all got very childish.

If it turns out this guy is a board member of SMISA then I think that is very bad news and members need to know because they are voting for these guys.

Edited by oaksoft

Sorry you are right, it was the fans you wanted to saddle with the debt. Who would eventually own the club.

And that is no different to now. Smisa have a contract to pay GS. That is a debt.

And when paid after 10years they will own the Club.

Other than the price paid and the membership fee being £12 rather than £10 is the same system.

"There is nothing new under the sun"

Over
Before
Easter
lets face it the guy obviously sees League one as the level he likes to manage in, he made sure he took Alloa there, and he is making good on his opinion that we dont belong in the championship either.
if you sack a manager after six games, pay off him and his assistant, then pay compensation to bring a new manager in... why would you choose one whose only achievement in less than a years experience is getting his side relegated?
we could have paid compensation and got Duffy, McCall, Houston, Johnston etc... etc... managers with a track record, no we went for the RRR... Recently Relegated Rookie....

Why do you have to be an incessantly negative, attention seeking, bawbag?

Track record? Outside of Houston, can you let me know what the guys you've mentioned have delivered as part of their track record in management?

Duffy and McCall are symptomatic of the issues in Scottish football IMO. Old school shite a la Alex Rae. Johnstone? Don't even know where to go with that.

Thank f**k you have no say in who is appointed manager.

7 hours ago, whydowebother said:

a question needs to be asked, was it a "fan" who filmed the altercations and then uploaded to the web?  

What kind of fan deliberately sets out to undermine and ridicule the club?

the reason i ask is that the clip has been fillmed from the south side of the east stand, where you would expect only "fans" to sit.

Edited by beyond our ken

48 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

a question needs to be asked, was it a "fan" who filmed the altercations and then uploaded to the web?  

What kind of fan deliberately sets out to undermine and ridicule the club?

the reason i ask is that the clip has been fillmed from the south side of the east stand, where you would expect only "fans" to sit.

filmed by Press from rear of main stand

originally seen on twitter feeds by a @mediamonty.

Edited by alanb

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

Why do you have to be an incessantly negative, attention seeking, bawbag?

Track record? Outside of Houston, can you let me know what the guys you've mentioned have delivered as part of their track record in management?

Duffy and McCall are symptomatic of the issues in Scottish football IMO. Old school shite a la Alex Rae. Johnstone? Don't even know where to go with that.

Thank f**k you have no say in who is appointed manager.

McCall, Duffy and Johnston have got their teams promoted, whilst oor Jack has one relegation to his credit. Think you need to do a wee bit of research before being so abusive. Your lack of knowledge detracts from your abuse.

here to help.

McCall, Duffy and Johnston have got their teams promoted, whilst oor Jack has one relegation to his credit. Think you need to do a wee bit of research before being so abusive. Your lack of knowledge detracts from your abuse.

here to help.

Duffy has been in management since 1988 with 8 teams (if you count Dundee twice) and has a grand total of one promotion with League One Morton in that time. He also has a relegation and a bottom of the old 3rd Division on his resume.

McCall has been plying his trade since '97, also managing 8 teams and his "successes" to date are that he got Clydebank out of the old 3rd Division and Ayr up last year through the playoffs. He was fired by QOS & Dundee Utd, had a 39%win rate at Partick over 179 games and has the dubious honour of being the last Airdrieonians manager.

Johnston is similar albeit over a shorter (4 year) career. 2nd Division title with QOS and promotion from league one last year sandwich a truly horrific tenure at Killie which ended with him being fired.

So between them they have over 50 years experience and a grand total of 5 successful years and you'd be paying compensation for these duds?

You really are a bawbag.

Duffy has been in management since 1988 with 8 teams (if you count Dundee twice) and has a grand total of one promotion with League One Morton in that time. He also has a relegation and a bottom of the old 3rd Division on his resume.
McCall has been plying his trade since '97, also managing 8 teams and his "successes" to date are that he got Clydebank out of the old 3rd Division and Ayr up last year through the playoffs. He was fired by QOS & Dundee Utd, had a 39%win rate at Partick over 179 games and has the dubious honour of being the last Airdrieonians manager.
Johnston is similar albeit over a shorter (4 year) career. 2nd Division title with QOS and promotion from league one last year sandwich a truly horrific tenure at Killie which ended with him being fired.
So between them they have over 50 years experience and a grand total of 5 successful years and you'd be paying compensation for these duds?
You really are a bawbag.

Duffy has also, on more than one occasion, had the Morton owner questioning the use of his investment and whether to remain full time. McCall was out the game for a while, which I doubt was due to him being just too good. Other guys out of work just now wouldn't have been right, Calderwood asks for more money in his sleep and Butcher was so hated by the Hibs Squad that around 5 of them had signed pre-contract agreements and not bothered to tell him. I doubt we could have afforded them anyway or been interesting enough. The best candidate from the lower leagues was of course Gus, indeed I hope Jack is looking at Queens Park to see if anyone is available.

14 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

It's very difficult for everyone just now, passions are running high as we as fans feel the frustration of our dire situation. I get the fact we all have our opinions on the subject and we all see it in different ways. 

But reality is we can't go sacking another manager. The club needs stability and the fans to back a young manager who will make mistakes along the way, but we can't judge him on another failed managers unbalanced and frankly poor quality squad.

He needs to get a full pre season to work with his own squad and then we can judge his ability to manage, regardless of what division we end up.

I wish Jack had piped up at his interview that this season would be a write off with no hope  of making progress (or catching part time teams who had a 2 and 3 point start on him) until he had 2 transfer windows and a pre-season under his belt (and we were a league lower too).

I fail to see why 28 games in a 36 game league season plus cup games isn't enough to judge whether he has any ability to manage. I suspect that one reason why Ross may get more time is that he is GLS's first appointment and came in after Rae was sacked 6 league games into the new chairman's first season. Ross will be given as long as humanly possible to succeed, unlike Rae.

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

What absolute rubbish, Alloa were down when he took over Sir Alex wouldn't of been able to save them! Ross took them straight back to the top of the league and he's had this team of duds and boys playing much better than Rae with the exception being last two games, not sure why. Give him a chance to bring in a couple of players and see what happens. Even if we go down no one can place all the blame on his door. I think he'll come good and should be given the time to build a squad. If that's at league 1 level next year it'll be unfortunate but it'll be down to a lot of factors he hasn't had control of.

Ross had had the team playing wonderfully well all the time, except the 2 league games against Morton, Saturday against Queen of the South, and the games against Ayr, Dumfermline and Dumbarton where we lost at home or couldn't beat our nearest rival at home when they were down to ten men. Other than that we have been one of the best teams in the league since JR took over... well, half of the time we've been quite good.

9 hours ago, dastardly77 said:

Is LordPityMe really a smisa board member? 

God help us!

I would be appalled and concerned if someone who seems to spout negativity at every turn,who seems to take perverse pleasure in winding up and alienating fellow fans and attempts to undermine key personnel within our club on a public forum was a SMISA Board member. 

Not good if true.

12 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I would be appalled and concerned if someone who seems to spout negativity at every turn,who seems to take perverse pleasure in winding up and alienating fellow fans and attempts to undermine key personnel within our club on a public forum was a SMISA Board member. 

Not good if true.

I assumed that the SMISA elections, since they achieved the first stage in their shareholding aim,were of the same form as others i have been involved in, in that all those standing for election had to declare the names of any social media alias that they had, it would appear that this is not the case.

22 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Not good if true.

Agree find it disturbing.  

10 hours ago, dastardly77 said:

Is LordPityMe really a smisa board member? 

God help us!

10 hours ago, foxbar_bud said:

My thoughts exactly...surely not

36 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Not good if true.

16 minutes ago, rea said:

I assumed that the SMISA elections, since they achieved the first stage in their shareholding aim,were of the same form as others i have been involved in, in that all those standing for election had to declare the names of any social media alias that they had, it would appear that this is not the case.

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Agree find it disturbing.  

I'm in no way disturbed.

I've actually read his posts(and those of his brother).

fwiw, I'd also not be that worried about people using social media and using a non de plume.

no need to make yourself the target of every wanky-pisher, dickhead or Stuart.

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

I'm in no way disturbed.

I've actually read his posts(and those of his brother).

fwiw, I'd also not be that worried about people using social media and using a non de plume.

no need to make yourself the target of every wanky-pisher, dickhead or Stuart.

You would like to think SMISA committee mambers are level headed. His constant rambling to REA just seems silly and strange.  For me he should come out and say he is a SMISA committee member. If he is I personally find that worrying as a member.  

51 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Not good if true.

Be appalled. -_-