Jack Ross OBE

I assumed that the SMISA elections, since they achieved the first stage in their shareholding aim,were of the same form as others i have been involved in, in that all those standing for election had to declare the names of any social media alias that they had, it would appear that this is not the case.

I made a similar point at the Director elections. I think we all knew which alias was Kenny Morrison and David Riley now posts under his own name, but for all I know David Nicol could be Shull, in which case I'd have voted for him, or one of the scooped out dafties like Antrin or Callum or worse, Oaksoft!

23 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Over

Before

Easter

lets face it the guy obviously sees League one as the level he likes to manage in, he made sure he took Alloa there, and he is making good on his opinion that we dont belong in the championship either.

if you sack a manager after six games, pay off him and his assistant, then pay compensation to bring a new manager in... why would you choose one whose only achievement in less than a years experience is getting his side relegated?

we could have paid compensation and got Duffy, McCall, Houston, Johnston etc... etc... managers with a track record, no we went for the RRR... Recently Relegated Rookie....

Funny ,I would expect this from a Morton fan

Slagging off my club and manager.

"We could of" Hmmm that would be the old hindsight crap.

We are where we are, we will have acceptable and unacceptable performances( in all my years a Saints fan, consistency has hardly ever been shown)

Saturday was mince, but we have kids, we have very limited options, and we also have rookies at management.

I do believe JR will be a future star, he has been in since Oct, what do we truly expect

So LPM, we can as be as neg as we want, we can slag off , or you can chose to support.............

Oh, the reason JR was chosen, is that in football circles, he is very highly rated, plus he managed Alloa, who were, and still are battling above their weight. we are batting below ares. with some dodgy signings, kids and a fear factor.

If JR/ or anyone cold turn around a massive downward spiral in 3 months then they would be miracle workers.

If JR fails to keep us up, then so be it. I blame the old BOD for putting us in this situation. For dreadful appointments, for breeding uncertainty, for lack of investment in people, for cheating the fans and for total lack of understanding on football matters.....

We have 16 cup finals, I am sure the club has not given up. But regardless, the ask of rebuilding Saints is massive, and I would rather have a young, ambitious manager, than some short term patch.

We are way past that kind of treatment 

10 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

We have 3 games less than those above us in real terms.

If we don't get ourselves in a position to escape in 13 ? The last 3 become irrelevant.

We have a hellish run in, but strange things can happen at the end of the season depending on what has transpired before.

You could easily have a situation where Hibs have already won the title and the three play off positions are all decided meanting Falkirk and Dundee Utd could be in a position of resting players etc.....

Also, I wouldn't call a home game with Raith Rovers a lost cause. They are the only team we've beaten in Paisley!

We have a hellish run in, but strange things can happen at the end of the season depending on what has transpired before.

You could easily have a situation where Hibs have already won the title and the three play off positions are all decided meanting Falkirk and Dundee Utd could be in a position of resting players etc.....

Also, I wouldn't call a home game with Raith Rovers a lost cause. They are the only team we've beaten in Paisley!

That's all well and good Div, but the point stands. If we don't get into a position to get out of it in 13 games, the last 3 are dead rubbers.

Raith as last home game and second last game of the season will matter not a jot , if we don't work on the basis we have 13 games to get into a position to get out of it.

12 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

That's all well and good Div, but the point stands. If we don't get into a position to get out of it in 13 games, the last 3 are dead rubbers.

Raith as last home game and second last game of the season will matter not a jot , if we don't work on the basis we have 13 games to get into a position to get out of it.

We have faith, if any team can get out of relegation its us, my god we have done it almost ever season for the last 12.

Only difference we are the team at the bottom.

Ross County had 12 points after 22 games in 2014-15, and were 6 behind us and Well....

The rest have been fights to the last 3 matches.................

What my concern is- as soon as we tag a must win- we eh lose..........

That shows me- fear and uncertainty-  So Jack needs a leader on the park- we don't have one and my god we need one.

Yes we all say JG- But he is shot physically- For me Rankin would have been ideal. We need an old head and I am sure JR knows this.....

14 hours ago, DLBud said:

Duffy has been in management since 1988 with 8 teams (if you count Dundee twice) and has a grand total of one promotion with League One Morton in that time. He also has a relegation and a bottom of the old 3rd Division on his resume.

McCall has been plying his trade since '97, also managing 8 teams and his "successes" to date are that he got Clydebank out of the old 3rd Division and Ayr up last year through the playoffs. He was fired by QOS & Dundee Utd, had a 39%win rate at Partick over 179 games and has the dubious honour of being the last Airdrieonians manager.

Johnston is similar albeit over a shorter (4 year) career. 2nd Division title with QOS and promotion from league one last year sandwich a truly horrific tenure at Killie which ended with him being fired.

So between them they have over 50 years experience and a grand total of 5 successful years and you'd be paying compensation for these duds?

You really are a bawbag.

Glad you agree.

19 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I think we need to be off the bottom going in to the last 4 games to have a realistic chance of staying up, but until it's arithmetically impossible then anything can happen.

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

That shows me- fear and uncertainty-  So Jack needs a leader on the park- we don't have one and my god we need one.

Yes we all say JG- But he is shot physically- For me Rankin would have been ideal. We need an old head and I am sure JR knows this.....

Yeah that's been my fear from day one this season. We don't have a leader on the park. I hoped MacKenzie would be it but whilst I think he's actually turned out ok he's quiet on the pitch, and he's in no way nasty enough.

Craig Storie is only 20. I don't think we can continue to count on kids. They need some experience in along side them to help when the going gets tough.

McAllister seems to be able to lift himself above mediocrity at the moment regardless of how things are going, but Mallan, Morgan and Magennis are clearly confidence players whose form is now suffering as a result of the shitstorm going on around them. They need someone to lift them and there ain't anyone in the side currently able to do that.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You have to laugh at the faux outraged, seems some dont like the obvious being pointed out.

apparently now you cant make any comment on the team you have followed across europe for fifty years unless it meets with the fan-boys approval. 

I am outraged...Lol..

IN THE BIN! IN THE BIN! IN THE BIN!

Glad you agree.

That you're a bawbag or that 5 successful years from 50 don't exactly merit any form of compensation?

I stand by my original assertion that you're an incessantly negative attention seeker.

FWIW, I couldn't give a shit if you're linked with SMISA or not. It doesn't change the above even if it does make the motive for your comments a little bit more difficult to understand.

21 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We have faith, if any team can get out of relegation its us, my god we have done it almost ever season for the last 12.

Only difference we are the team at the bottom.

Ross County had 12 points after 22 games in 2014-15, and were 6 behind us and Well....

The rest have been fights to the last 3 matches.................

What my concern is- as soon as we tag a must win- we eh lose..........

Thats one of my criticism we need a leader on the park a Captain that can lead and encouragement something we don't have. 

Just now, DLBud said:

That you're a bawbag or that 5 successful years from 50 don't exactly merit any form of compensation?

I stand by my original assertion that you're an incessantly negative attention seeker.

FWIW, I couldn't give a shit if you're linked with SMISA or not. It doesn't change the above even if it does make the motive for your comments a little bit more difficult to understand.

Careful there bud all that personal abuse might see the 'torches & pitchfork" brigade vote to 'sin bin' you?

Ghastly Home Kit (monstrosity) 

Disgraceful Admission Prices 

Overpaid Shite players. 

Poor Office Administration 

And a few other things worth moaning about. 

It's a bloody St Mirren Forum for all views and opinions. 

If the dafties get their way it will become a snoozefest. 

I don't think any true St Mirren fan revels in our struggles. We are all angry and frustrated and some just vent that in different ways

I don't think they are true fans mate but here are genuinely some buddies who are only truly happy when they have something to moan about.

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, div said:

I don't think they are true fans mate but here are genuinely some buddies who are only truly happy when they have something to moan about.

So you think because some people get angry and frustrated with whats going on are not true fans ,Well I think that's the reason they get like that because they are true fans who hate seeing whats happening to the team they have supported for many years .It does not make them any less a fan than you or anyone else we get frustrated because we cant do a dam thing about whats going on but they want the best for the team just the same as you or anyone else does .But remember we all want the same thing happy clappers and frustrated fans alike and that is for SAINT MIRREN F.C.to be doing well .