Back the manager and the team!

Starting this Saturday! We need to get behind the team and take a big support up to Dunfermline. We are only 7 points behind Ayr, it's not finished yet.  We can either fight and stay up or go down fighting, i can't accept a meek surrender by the players and the fans. The numerous 'i told you so' threads are not helpful and it seems at times that some fans are never happier than when we are in a crisis. I'm going to go and support my team on Saturday and i expect the players to scrap for everything.  This is not about Jack Ross or the BOD etc.. this is about our team saving our place in the championship and while we're still in the fight we must back the team.

7 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

Starting this Saturday! We need to get behind the team and take a big support up to Dunfermline. We are only 7 points behind Ayr, it's not finished yet.  We can either fight and stay up or go down fighting, i can't accept a meek surrender by the players and the fans. The numerous 'i told you so' threads are not helpful and it seems at times that some fans are never happier than when we are in a crisis. I'm going to go and support my team on Saturday and i expect the players to scrap for everything.  This is not about Jack Ross or the BOD etc.. this is about our team saving our place in the championship and while we're still in the fight we must back the team.

Well said . 

10 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

Amusing.

Coming from the guy who started a "Rae must go" thread. :rolleyes:

Aye, let's stick together, support the manager........................when it suits you. :lol:

Just now, faraway saint said:

Amusing.

Coming from the guy who started a "Rae must go" thread. :rolleyes:

Aye, let's stick together, support the manager........................when it suits you. :lol:

You of course are right but Rae wasn't good for the club. We were dire under him and although it looks as if we're worse under Ross i believe that it will get better, i didn't feel that when Rae was at the club.

1 minute ago, dr rotund said:

You of course are right but Rae wasn't good for the club. We were dire under him and although it looks as if we're worse under Ross i believe that it will get better, i didn't feel that when Rae was at the club.

And you are entirely within your right's to feel that way.

As are the growing number who are starting to feel Mr Ross isn't the great hope we required? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

It may be worth reminding yourself that a lot of people have been right behind the club for decades!

I don't doubt it but we all have a common goal, to see our team succeed. We have lots of other teams fans in the championship enjoying our current plight enormously, i'd love to sicken them all by staying up. We need to back the team right now and deal with the fallout of how our season turns out in May, good or bad.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

And you are entirely within your right's to feel that way.

As are the growing number who are starting to feel Mr Ross isn't the great hope we required? :rolleyes:

I agree and I'm not naive enough to think that all fans will agree about various things regarding St Mirren. I do however think that it's best for us all if we fight as a whole (Manager, players and fans) to stay up and  we can do our part by going to away games in large numbers.

18 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

While I agree with this and posted something similar before the queens game, the lack of heart shown by some of the experienced players yesterday let down the youngsters in the team, the manager and the supporters. I was considering going to Dunfermline but don't know if I can stomach Webster, Clarkson etc going through the motions. If these imposters are booted out and replaced by those that actually care about the club, then I think the support from the fans will follow.

Just now, Hendo said:

While I agree with this and posted something similar before the queens game, the lack of heart shown by some of the experienced players yesterday let down the youngsters in the team, the manager and the supporters. I was considering going to Dunfermline but don't know if I can stomach Webster, Clarkson etc going through the motions. If these imposters are booted out and replaced by those that actually care about the club, then I think the support from the fans will follow.

I honestly get what you are saying and my initial reaction immediately after the match was why should i waste my hard earned money after that performance but we still have something like 48 points to play for with a gap of 7 points to reach the play off spot at least. That's not impossible and we must keep that thought and not surrender this early, it's still in our hands.

Bottom line is if we back the team 100% we will mabe reach a play off place thats the reality. Abuse and keep knocking the team and management will only have a negative effect.  Do you want to stay in this league thats what you have to ask yourself.  Back the team and we will get out of this mess. 

4 hours ago, dr rotund said:

I'm definitely going on Saturday. Everyone and their dog has us relegated already but I'd love to win up there next week and prove them wrong. I'll go up there in the hope that yesterday's result was a blip and we regain the decent form we had in December.

Saturday, was for me the low point, we have hopefully started to take pressure off, rather than on, but we do lack some quality......

This group cant keep us up, we need at least 2/3 players......

QOS had a new midfield and Rankin played well, I am sure JR has recognized that Quinn ( when fit) is not the answer.... Add our defence and it means we need 2/3 goals a game to pick up points......

I will support Saints in the Lowland League but I also want to see fight......

Get out of this and we will be stronger however the last 9 years is coming home to roost.

13 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

& you know what . It wouldnt do any harm if you could continue to do your bit. 

Nature, biology, the powers that be willing, I hope to still be there for decades to come as well. I am doing my bit, but its not my squad, i just inherited them, they arent playing fir the jersey, i huvnae had a transfer window yet... etc..etc..

FYI the last sentence is what we call... light/dark humour.

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Saturday, was for me the low point, we have hopefully started to take pressure off, rather than on, but we do lack some quality......

This group cant keep us up, we need at least 2/3 players......

QOS had a new midfield and Rankin played well, I am sure JR has recognized that Quinn ( when fit) is not the answer.... Add our defence and it means we need 2/3 goals a game to pick up points......

I will support Saints in the Lowland League but I also want to see fight......

Get out of this and we will be stronger however the last 9 years is coming home to roost.

I agree on most points but I feel that of all the 'senior' players, Quinn shouldered the least blame of anyone on Saturday. Yes he made a mistake at the first goal but it was a horrific pass from Sutton to put him in that position. That defence, especially in the central areas, is a complete basket case, though.

By far the most worrying aspect (and one you alluded to) was the lack of fight on Saturday for me. There was a complete lack of urgency in the side, even at 1-0 all through the 2nd half.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nature, biology, the powers that be willing, I hope to still be there for decades to come as well. I am doing my bit, but its not my squad, i just inherited them, they arent playing fir the jersey, i huvnae had a transfer window yet... etc..etc..

FYI the last sentence is what we call... light/dark humour.

Humour ?      Hmm Thats debatable . 

Deflection ?   Possibly.

Gibberish . ? without a doubt.

On 09/01/2017 at 6:12 PM, ScotstounSaint said:

By all means be positive, it's a nicer way to lead your life after all. But 2000 fans are not going to make a significant difference to results.
This is down to the players and the management. Both in terms of the mess and getting us out of it.

I think the fans do help, i can think of several key games over the years where the fans were the 12th man and lifted the players when they needed it.

26 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I think the fans do help, i can think of several key games over the years where the fans were the 12th man and lifted the players when they needed it.

I agree they can lift the players but it's a two way street. The players need to show they, at the very least, are up for the battle. We don't want losers but, if we are losing, we want to see the players fight tooth and nail to change things. After all. They get paid for the football. We pay out.

2 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Is that not just a coincidence? What about the many games when the fans are loud and right behind the team yet they play badly and lose.

If you ever get the opportunity, ask a player. I strongly suspect that he'd confirm just how important the vocal backing of the support can be.

I agree they can lift the players but it's a two way street. The players need to show they, at the very least, are up for the battle. We don't want losers but, if we are losing, we want to see the players fight tooth and nail to change things. After all. They get paid for the football. We pay out.

Totally! I don't agree with the criticism fans sometimes get for not backing a team. We definitely need to see a team showing fighting qualities for the support to give their backing. But when the team do well there is no doubt the players get a boost from our backing.