NEW: The Sin Bin

div

I'm all for free speech and all that, but some posters on here are just annoying. They are polluting the board with their nonsense and trolling.

Instead of banning these folk, I've introduced a new area of the forum called The Sin Bin.

Posters who are deemed to be destructive, annoying, or incredibly negative, will be pushed into a new group called "Sinners". All other members are in the "Saints" group.

Sinners will ONLY be able to post in The Sin Bin. They can read any other area of the forum but they are not permitted to post in those areas, they must confine themselves to posting in The Sin Bin area only.

Saints can post anywhere, so if you want to engage with The Sinners you can do so. If you wish to ignore them you can just never visit The Sin Bin area.

If you see the Group "Sinners" next to your name, you've been moved to The Sin Bin.

2 minutes ago, div said:

I'm all for free speech and all that, but some posters on here are just annoying. They are polluting the board with their nonsense and trolling.

Instead of banning these folk, I've introduced a new area of the forum called The Sin Bin.

Posters who are deemed to be destructive, annoying, or incredibly negative, will be pushed into a new group called "Sinners". All other members are in the "Saints" group.

Sinners will ONLY be able to post in The Sin Bin. They can read any other area of the forum but they are not permitted to post in those areas, they must confine themselves to posting in The Sin Bin area only.

Saints can post anywhere, so if you want to engage with The Sinners you can do so. If you wish to ignore them you can just never visit The Sin Bin area.

If you see the Group "Sinners" next to your name, you've been moved to The Sin Bin.

Like it.

Are Saints allowed to nominate folk for Sinner status? I don't think the mods should have all the fun!

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Like it.

Are Saints allowed to nominate folk for Sinner status? I don't think the mods should have all the fun!

Yes of course. Saints can nominate others for Sinners status. Sinners can also repent and be allowed back out if the Saints agree :-)

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Ha ha---- This is exactly how Nazi Germany started

Has its merits, but surely we are allowed to vent a little, but I do get where your coming from

Saints will only move to become Sinners if they are VERY annoying.

13 minutes ago, div said:

Hallelujah!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but constant repetition, ad nauseum, of the same opinion is destructive. As is constant negativity of all things St Mirren. We are far from perfect as a Club but the new people are trying - constantly berating them on a fans' forum serves no purpose. If you have a problem contact the people concerned who can do something about it - the folk on this forum can't..

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

So if your not a happy clapper your in the sin bin so much for free speech .

I don't think that's how it works.

Anyway, if you continue to be the wee ray of sunshine that you've always been, you'll have little to fear from THE BIN!

18 minutes ago, elvis said:

Try reading Div's explanation again.

However if there are to be a Happy Clapper forum and a Lets' Repeat Everything One Million Times, One Million Times, And Slag Off Everything To Do With The Club With Not One Positive Post Ever then I know which group I would prefer to belong to. Freedom of speech also entails responsibility which some do not buy into. Extreme behaviour causes an extreme response.

25 minutes ago, elvis said:

This website is a privately owned venture as far as I know.

Not sure what freedom of speech has to do with it.

It's up to the owner to decide how to run it.

To be honest I am not in favour of clamping down on free speech and I enjoy getting stuck in like the next person but there has to be a limit. You can't possibly want to visit a forum where one or two members are repeatedly making false accusations about people at our club over a period of months, years or decades (FFS!)? I think some of the stuff aimed at SMISA, our new board, our old board, our support in general have been bad enough. For me the line was crossed when fake allegations of sexual assault started to be thrown at a kid who hasn't even arrived and played a game yet. This for me is where freedom of speech meets consequences of freedom of speech. There are only two people I would want to see binned for a while for the way they have attacked people at the club over YEARS. One has gone. The other IMO needs to admit whether he is a board member of SMISA and if so, to reveal his name.