NEW: The Sin Bin

div

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, div said:

I'm all for free speech and all that, but some posters on here are just annoying. They are polluting the board with their nonsense and trolling.

Instead of banning these folk, I've introduced a new area of the forum called The Sin Bin.

Posters who are deemed to be destructive, annoying, or incredibly negative, will be pushed into a new group called "Sinners". All other members are in the "Saints" group.

Sinners will ONLY be able to post in The Sin Bin. They can read any other area of the forum but they are not permitted to post in those areas, they must confine themselves to posting in The Sin Bin area only.

Saints can post anywhere, so if you want to engage with The Sinners you can do so. If you wish to ignore them you can just never visit The Sin Bin area.

If you see the Group "Sinners" next to your name, you've been moved to The Sin Bin.

Any chance of those of us not yet in the Sin Bin being able to ignore all posts from/in the Sin Bin?

EG I know that area of the Forum has got novelty value and that should soon wear off, but I'm having to wade through a load of shite to find the worthwhile posts of the rest of the Forum.

Or am I asking too much?  :unsure:

Any chance of those of us not yet in the Sin Bin being able to ignore all posts from/in the Sin Bin?

EG I know that area of the Forum has got novelty value and that should soon wear off, but I'm having to wade through a load of shite to find the worthwhile posts of the rest of the Forum.

Reported - Too demanding :P

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Just had a quick check on the Sin Bin. Everyone wants to post there apparently. It's a strange world indeed.

It's the novelty value. I ventured in during visiting hours, saw StuDick was still bandying about 'sex pest' accusations, saw Shull starting 'great threads', so that's me finished in there. Unless Div throws me in.

3 hours ago, antrin said:

What he said.  Before me !! :)

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It's the novelty value. I ventured in during visiting hours, saw StuDick was still bandying about 'sex pest' accusations, saw Shull starting 'great threads', so that's me finished in there. Unless Div throws me in.

Towards whom?

2 minutes ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

Towards whom?

The non arrested, non convicted loan signing from Aberdeen.  If I were Craig Storie I'd get someone at the club to have a word with Div about allowing such statements on his forum.

Just now, scottd said:

The non arrested, non convicted loan signing from Aberdeen.  If I were Craig Storie I'd get someone at the club to have a word with Div about allowing such statements on his forum.

Oh, that'll be Stuart Dickson who posted the bank account details of St. Mirren football club in the public domain without permission. Which is against the law........:wink:

Looks like DIV is ahead of the game. He making sure the new rules re football matches are reflected in the forum. The fans must be policed. SFA and Gov says so. The Sin Bin is just the start.

SPFL issue new guidelines on dealing with supporter misconduct

The Scottish Professional Football League has issued new regulations aimed at tackling supporter misconduct.

All 42 of its member clubs are expected to take strict disciplinary measures against fans who indulge in anti-social behaviour during matches.

The updated guidance, which comes into force immediately, states that home clubs are responsible for "good order and security".

Clubs are also urged to step up efforts to identify culprits.

Under the previous rules, clubs could argue that they had taken all practical steps to deter misbehaviour inside their stadiums.

Now they must been seen to actively pursue cases and take "appropriate" action against the perpetrators.

In June, following disorder at the Scottish Cup final, Justice Secretary Michael Matheson called for "a transparent and robust scheme" to prevent and deal with unacceptable conduct.

He went on to warn: "The Scottish government is prepared to act if Scottish football isn't."

On the rule changes, SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "The SPFL and its member clubs are committed to preventing and to addressing unacceptable conduct where it arises, to ensure our stadiums are friendly, welcoming and safe environments where all supporters can enjoy Scottish football.

"This ongoing work includes this updated guidance for clubs which sets out the reasonably practicable measures that member clubs can take to address this issue and to identify and sanction those who engage in unacceptable conduct.

"It has been fully consulted on with all 42 clubs, the Scottish FA and the Scottish Government and, indeed, dialogue continues with the Government on a number of further measures which will be discussed early this year."

Here's my prediction. Boozed up Hibees and Sevconians see a return to the 1980 cup final, the authorities jump, and the first casualty won't be a junkie from Leith or a blue bigot from deepest Lanarkshire, but will likely be a mouthy bunnet wearing coffin-dodger in Paisley.

4 minutes ago, div said:

So a few days in, how are the Saints finding the forum with the Sinners locked away in their box?

I have to say I'm quite enjoying it to be honest but I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Definitely has improved, its good reading about developments such as transfer ins and outs without it turning into a story about world hunger caused by SMiSA and Gordon Scott.

38 minutes ago, div said:

So a few days in, how are the Saints finding the forum with the Sinners locked away in their box?

I have to say I'm quite enjoying it to be honest but I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Could do better. Still at least one annoying forumster  loose aboot this hoose.  I suppose I only get to read his inane, nonsensical ramblings when he's quoted. That apart. It at least cuts down some of the traffic.