NEW: The Sin Bin

div

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Start your own forum, that'll make you happy.

It seems if you don't like a forum member you want them taken away. :blink:

Aye, away and have a look at yerself, ya dullard. :byebye

It seems, when you try to point score, you seem incapable of doing so without a smiley. I suppose you think it looks intelligent.

57 minutes ago, div said:

So a few days in, how are the Saints finding the forum with the Sinners locked away in their box?

I have to say I'm quite enjoying it to be honest but I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Personally speaking, Dickson's 'sex pest' stuff was the last straw as far as I'm concerned for me in regard to wanting to interact with him. So, in my opinion, not having him take over 99% of threads with his bile is fine by me. Of course, none of that means I think I'm some sort of uber-poster, and no doubt plenty of folk think I talk shite and have me on ignore. Fair do's. Most folk on here though can post without coming across as a complete and utter 'me, me, me' bellend. He couldn't help himself. Beats me how anyone can manage to be so daft as to get themselves banned from multiple forums. There you go though, he's managed it.

Edited by pozbaird

55 minutes ago, div said:

So a few days in, how are the Saints finding the forum with the Sinners locked away in their box?

I have to say I'm quite enjoying it to be honest but I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Am loving it that's why I joined.. but ive been scared to post incase I get tossed in there as well.. am not afraid of the sin bin,,  I think ive got Dicko-Phobia :ph34r:

1 hour ago, div said:

I like the idea of it but there does not appear to be any kind of criteria to it.

Criminals are told when they're imprisoned how long they'll be incarcerated for but according to your recent post in the sin bin, the 2 in there just now will be in for a very long time.

If your aim is to get shot of them from the forum, you should have deleted their accounts but it's too late to do that now. Personally, I think it will be detrimental to the forum if it becomes too sanitised.

Edited by Kombibuddie

On 1/9/2017 at 11:15 AM, DougJamie said:

Ha ha---- This is exactly how Nazi Germany started

Has its merits, but surely we are allowed to vent a little, but I do get where your coming from

Nazi Germany did not enjoy the trappings of the internet.

The history teacher at your school needs his/her jotters!

Only recently have I ever put someone on ignore and besides that it's just as easy to scroll past their posts.

I don't think they needed a sin bin when there are other options.

That said , the very people that wanted Stuart gone , shot across in huge numbers to keep involved with him.

More people have started threads in sin bin than him & more people have posted in sin bin than him & within 24 hours 75% of threads in there were by others and there was just over 1450 views from all these 'uninterested' people ?

Now 13 threads over 3,000 views in someone people don't want to hear from or read about ?

Make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Only recently have I ever put someone on ignore and besides that it's just as easy to scroll past their posts.

I don't think they needed a sin bin when there are other options.

That said , the very people that wanted Stuart gone , shot across in huge numbers to keep involved with him.

More people have started threads in sin bin than him & more people have posted in sin bin than him & within 24 hours 75% of threads in there were by others and there was just over 1450 views from all these 'uninterested' people ?

Now 13 threads over 3,000 views in someone people don't want to hear from or read about ?

Make of that what you will.

While I agree it's easy to put people on ignore, when they spout vitriol, not to mention possible libelous statements ad nausea, with people quoting their posts, it seems justified to put them in a pen. I did pop over with a sort of morbid curiosity and I admit to replying to a post, due to the fact I wanted to dispel his nonsensical myth about how wonderful UK's almost full employment and Utopian state is while neglecting to mention how those figures are manipulated. Since then I haven't went near.

Perhaps I'll ask for him to be returned to the main forum when Div throws me in for this rambling post.

(wee smiley)

Oy. WTF? How come I can see the previous poster rubbish when he's on my very exclusive ignore list.

Edited by stlucifer
Seen dafties post

It's great that the focus is now on Saints related topics and not on individuals.

Many other improvements but it's great not having to defend the Club against daily vitriolic attacks by non-fans.

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It's great that the focus is now on Saints related topics and not on individuals.

Many other improvements but it's great not having to defend the Club against daily vitriolic attacks by non-fans.

Name all the non-fans ? :blink:

While I agree it's easy to put people on ignore, when they spout vitriol, not to mention possible libelous statements ad nausea, with people quoting their posts, it seems justified to put them in a pen. I did pop over with a sort of morbid curiosity and I admit to replying to a post, due to the fact I wanted to dispel his nonsensical myth about how wonderful UK's almost full employment and Utopian state is while neglecting to mention how those figures are manipulated. Since then I haven't went near.
Perhaps I'll ask for him to be returned to the main forum when Div throws me in for this rambling post.

(wee smiley)
Oy. WTF? How come I can see the previous poster rubbish when he's on my very exclusive ignore list.

That's fair enough , would be dull if we all agreed on everything I guess.

I just scroll or ignore but I think valid points on your post as well as those with opposite views.

I think it is working well, and would wholeheartedly endorse its continued use.

The ignore function doesn't stop serial offenders polluting threads with their remorselessly toxic drivel, so eradicating them from the boards altogether seems an entirely reasonable option.

We all talk shite from time to time, but I reckon it makes sense for a line to be drawn on this. It's Div's baw, so his shout as to who he fires into the Wank Tank. That seems fair.

Aye, long may it continue. The forum is certainly a better place for it.

14 minutes ago, Drew said:

I think it is working well, and would wholeheartedly endorse its continued use.

The ignore function doesn't stop serial offenders polluting threads with their remorselessly toxic drivel, so eradicating them from the boards altogether seems an entirely reasonable option.

We all talk shite from time to time, but I reckon it makes sense for a line to be drawn on this. It's Div's baw, so his shout as to who he fires into the Wank Tank. That seems fair.

Aye, long may it continue. The forum is certainly a better place for it.

'The Wank Tank'.... :lol:

Course they CAN scroll...  But why spoil their day and waste their time having to do so?

it's like showing off Scotland's grandeur and beauty by driving past Sewage farms, recycling centres, semi-derelict ex mining towns with their pit bings or places like Dounreay and Hunterston?

only a stupid cabbie on the make would want to waste their patrons time by making sensible, sensitive folk put up with such shite as they now tell me is still being produced in the Sin Bin.

the sensible one will bypass the shite for a more economic use of their time and money.

simples.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Course they CAN scroll...  But why spoil their day and waste their time having to do so?

it's like showing off Scotland's grandeur and beauty by driving past Sewage farms, recycling centres, semi-derelict ex mining towns with their pit bings or places like Dounreay and Hunterston?

only a stupid cabbie on the make would want to waste their patrons time by making sensible, sensitive folk put up with such shite as they now tell me is still being produced in the Sin Bin.

the sensible one will bypass the shite for a more economic use of their time and money.

simples.

I wish I had scrolled past the above. :snore

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

simples.

Especially when time is so precious.........................oh, wait, you've hunners of time, all day every day. :lol:

Sensitive folk? FFS! :booty

Edited by faraway saint