NEW: The Sin Bin

div

In the interests of balance and fairness, I think there should be a limit of time in terms of how long a Sinner is consigned to THE BIN.

12 years should do it (oh, and I'd like to nominate myself for the parole board:)).

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Isnt Jack Ross just the best manager we have ever had?

everything is improving under him, performances, fan interaction post match. I love him!

more of this sort of thing, and less of that sort of a thing! Thats what i say.

Excuse me, I think you've dropped your dummy.

as someone who has been mightily annoyed by some stuff recently, and who admits to having been annoying in the past, i see this as either a prank or a big mistake.

Annoyance is in the ear of the interpreter.

Can we have some ground rules please?  is this a saints-related only sin bin or is annoyance of other sorts to be dealt with in the same way?

Are warnings and expalantions to be issued?  have extra mods been drafted in to help adjudicate on what is annoying? is there a right of appeal?

Are all these questions sufficiently annoying to warrant a spell in the sin-bin?

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This website is a privately owned venture as far as I know.

Not sure what freedom of speech has to do with it.

It's up to the owner to decide how to run it.

To be honest I am not in favour of clamping down on free speech and I enjoy getting stuck in like the next person but there has to be a limit. You can't possibly want to visit a forum where one or two members are repeatedly making false accusations about people at our club over a period of months, years or decades (FFS!)? I think some of the stuff aimed at SMISA, our new board, our old board, our support in general have been bad enough. For me the line was crossed when fake allegations of sexual assault started to be thrown at a kid who hasn't even arrived and played a game yet. This for me is where freedom of speech meets consequences of freedom of speech. There are only two people I would want to see binned for a while for the way they have attacked people at the club over YEARS. One has gone. The other IMO needs to admit whether he is a board member of SMISA and if so, to reveal his name.

Hmmm.

Mostly rational thought process... till you jumped on the disallow free speech bandwagon with your final phrase.

It's like challenging someone to come out in public to state categorically they are not a paedophile.  If the person so responded, there would then be some doubt placed in peoples' minds that there is maybe truth in the previous ludicrous claims made.

People continuing to spread negativity on subject of the club can become damaging and contagious. Is this what we need through one of the most difficult times of the clubs history with regards to league form? I say this is a great idea to bring a better feeling around the forum. Going on general discussion, there is barely a topic that ends on a positive note. This is a great idea to quarantine all of the constant negativity from the usual suspects. As Div says, its not a ban, as the title reads (sin bin). 

1 hour ago, div said:

I'm all for free speech and all that, but some posters on here are just annoying. They are polluting the board with their nonsense and trolling.

Instead of banning these folk, I've introduced a new area of the forum called The Sin Bin.

Posters who are deemed to be destructive, annoying, or incredibly negative, will be pushed into a new group called "Sinners". All other members are in the "Saints" group.

Sinners will ONLY be able to post in The Sin Bin. They can read any other area of the forum but they are not permitted to post in those areas, they must confine themselves to posting in The Sin Bin area only.

Saints can post anywhere, so if you want to engage with The Sinners you can do so. If you wish to ignore them you can just never visit The Sin Bin area.

If you see the Group "Sinners" next to your name, you've been moved to The Sin Bin.

Sure you'll have enough space in the Sin Bin, Div............?

Rather than the public "drowning" to determine if one is indeed a 'sinner' then 'hanging' because only a 'sinner' could cheat a drowning. How about we appoint some Mods, and add a report function, then the 'sinners' could be warned, then banned if they dont repent?

or we stick with saints fans putting other saints fans into the stocks for all the righteous ones (who never sin) to roll up and throw their rotting fruit and veg at?

Hmm what would Jack, oops sorry Jesus do?

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Really? Some poor wee souls leave because of that? :lol: Maybe time to start a "Only posts I agree with" section.:happyclapperI know a few who would love that. :rolleyes:

Hey, Div.... does excessive use of emoticons count as 'annoying'?

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Rather than the public "drowning" to determine if one is indeed a 'sinner' then 'hanging' because only a 'sinner' could cheat a drowning. How about we appoint some Mods, and add a report function, then the 'sinners' could be warned, then banned if they dont repent?

or we stick with saints fans putting other saints fans into the stocks for all the righteous ones (who never sin) to roll up and throw their rotting fruit and veg at?

Hmm what would Jack, oops sorry Jesus do?

There are already moderators, and there is already a report function.

Here to help.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Hmmm.

Mostly rational thought process... till you jumped on the disallow free speech bandwagon with your final phrase.

It's like challenging someone to come out in public to state categorically they are not a paedophile.  If the person so responded, there would then be some doubt placed in peoples' minds that there is maybe truth in the previous ludicrous claims made.

Absolutely no idea what you are talking about there.

Paedophile? WTF?

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Absolutely no idea what you are talking about there.

Paedophile? WTF?

You choose to have no idea.

It is, as you well know, an analogy.

Why should he publically post about something that people have fantasised about and made up in their tiny overheated minds?