NEW: The Sin Bin

div

I supported the Sin Bin. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to constantly repeat it ad nauseum in every thread is a pain in the arse. Whatsmore the main culprit, who openly admits he was not a fan of the Club, has only posted negative comments about SMFC in the years that I have been a member. He attacked everything from old BOD, new BOD, SMiSA, car parking, sitting arrangements, manager, players, hospitality, scouting, community etc etc. etc. Anything about the Club he attacked. He openly ridiculed  fans and those running the Club. He often using 'alternative facts' to justify his tirades. He only gained a response as others defended the Club. While no Club is perfect he had only a one-sided viewpoint - his negative one.

While others may want this kind of long indepth argument on a forum my primary interest is in how the team is performing and factors that impact on that. For those that did want to get embroiled in pointless arguments the Sin Bin was the place to be. Everyone had a area that suited them - or not.

23 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Can't help but wonder what happened to Shull.
Until he reinvented himself, he was actually quite interesting. Shame really. Deserved on current form tho.

Agree entirely. I'm sorry he's gone and I regarded him as a friend but he did seem to change and became a bit anti nearly everything St.Mirren. I hope he can come back some day, acknowledge he went a bit OTT, and start amusing us again. In the meantime, RIP Shull.

49 minutes ago, div said:

If I hadn't explained that Stuart had asked for his account to be blocked then I'd have been slammed for banning his account.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Plenty of posters liked sparring with Stuart in particular, which is why I did not ban him. I moved him out the way so users could decide whether to engage or not.

Stuart for whatever reason, despite all his bravado about how much he was loving the attention, has decided to leave the forum. His choice, not mine.

Shull is a different case entirely. I've no idea what happened to him but the last few days posts were increasingy bizzare and he started openly abusing me. I don't really need to put up with that so I banned him, simple as that. My baw and all that.

Shull never abused you. 

He called correctly that you had no class, by the way you ridiculed Stuart in the way you handled his leaving. 

Try be a man and apologise. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What about people who have left because the "inner circle" are only happy when it's posts that they like?

There are two sides to this, which you, and may others, don't seem able to grasp.

If I complained about the repetitive shite by others you would be busier than ever.

What I see as repetitive, lets say mentioning a manager is great over and over again, is deemed dull to me. 

I\m not complaining about the 2 people that have 'left the building' as there is an argument they went over the line but the point Dave is trying to make is it's easier to deal with these people rather than sending them to a section where it only serves to give others a smugness and to be honest your decision to make public about Stuart asking for his account to be deleted etc was totally unnecessary. 

PS The amount of "likes" these individuals have received proves that plenty of posts were seen as decent, no? 

'Inner circle'. Is that a variation on the clique theme?

Who is in the inner circle, and how do they manage to wield such influence? Is this a new conspiracy theory?

PS-  its worth bearing in mind that if one fanny 'likes' another fanny's post, that doesn't equate with said post being decent.

Edited by Drew

49 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

In the meantime, RIP Shull.

The shull is dead....

30 minutes ago, Lapsley said:

Shull never abused you. 

He called correctly that you had no class, by the way you ridiculed Stuart in the way you handled his leaving. 

Long live the shull!:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Who is in the inner circle, and how do they manage to wield such influence? Is this a new conspiracy theory?

PS-  its worth bearing in mind that if one fanny 'likes' another fanny's post, that doesn't equate with said post being decent.

Oh, so it's now a higher class system on likes? :lol:

Away and have a look at yourself. :1eye

50 minutes ago, Lapsley said:

Shull never abused you. 

Hi Shull.

Bye Shull.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

I supported the Sin Bin. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to constantly repeat it ad nauseum in every thread is a pain in the arse. Whatsmore the main culprit, who openly admits he was not a fan of the Club, has only posted negative comments about SMFC in the years that I have been a member. He attacked everything from old BOD, new BOD, SMiSA, car parking, sitting arrangements, manager, players, hospitality, scouting, community etc etc. etc. Anything about the Club he attacked. He openly ridiculed  fans and those running the Club. He often using 'alternative facts' to justify his tirades. He only gained a response as others defended the Club. While no Club is perfect he had only a one-sided viewpoint - his negative one.

While others may want this kind of long indepth argument on a forum my primary interest is in how the team is performing and factors that impact on that. For those that did want to get embroiled in pointless arguments the Sin Bin was the place to be. Everyone had a area that suited them - or not.

Doesn't the ignore function give you the same result? :blink:

Just now, faraway saint said:

Doesn't the ignore function give you the same result? :blink:

It does Faraway but the threads turn septic with to-ing and fro-ing over the exact same point as to reply people will quote what was said so ignore has severe limitations. I have an opinion and everyone else has theirs which I respect. I have no interest in spending all day trying to convince someone else my opinion has more merit than theirs which is what usually happened and the threads became long and tiresome and off topic.

That's all I am going to say on the subject :)

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

It does Faraway but the threads turn septic with to-ing and fro-ing over the exact same point as to reply people will quote what was said so ignore has severe limitations. I have an opinion and everyone else has theirs which I respect. I have no interest in spending all day trying to convince someone else my opinion has more merit than theirs which is what usually happened and the threads became long and tiresome and off topic.

That's all I am going to say on the subject :)

Whew, you were starting to become repetitive and people were leaving the forum. :P

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Calling people fanny's for no good reason, a wee spell in the sin bin for you, ya fanny.

6 hours ago, Drew said:

I'm in it and you're no:double

4 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Push it and you'll be back there. You have been warned!

May as just ban me from the forum now it's clear that yous are wanting to make me the new punching bag now you have no got stu and shull on the forum. Also I just have to guess that no one is ever actually answer what is a relatively simple question