Forum management

Callum Gilhooley

Genuine question which the mods may be able to help with.

Is there some way of limiting what comes up when i hit the "unread content " button ?  Obvs you can put individual members on Ignore but is it possible to set my settings so i simply dont get any notifications of activity in certain sections ?

1 minute ago, antrin said:

aye....   I was seeking the same help earlier in another post.

I don't care about the Sinbin or the opinions in it.

Thats exactly what i was getting at. I see there are now TWO matchday threads running , one in sin bin Strted by Shull i believe. Obv his nose out of joint because someone beat him to it on the main thread.. Are we going to get separate rumour mill, etc ?

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Thats exactly what i was getting at. I see there are now TWO matchday threads running , one in sin bin Strted by Shull i believe. Obv his nose out of joint because someone beat him to it on the main thread.. Are we going to get separate rumour mill, etc ?

No, I think his nose is out of joint because he believes Div is making a cnut of running his own forum, can't moderate his own forum, shouldn't have started the Sin Bin, and hasn't been slow in letting Div know about it over the past few months. His posts will be there somewhere ripping into Div.

Edited by pozbaird

There is only one Dunfermline v St Mirren Matchday Thread.

The one in the Bin is a General Matchday Thread to cover all Games.

Specifically for Sinners to post Pre, During and After all Matches.

If I wanted to do all Matches in the Matchday Thread they would already be done all the way to the end of the Season.

And Posters don't have to click on " UNREAD CONTENT " to bring up new stuff.

Just go to whichever Section you desire and click on DOT next to Thread Title.

Which means you don't need to go near the Sin Bin.

14 minutes ago, shull said:

Thank you for that. Ive always just clicked unread content.

25 minutes ago, shull said:

Or click on STAR ( if you have already posted in Topic )

32 minutes ago, shull said:

What a f**kin waste of time and effort!  :angry:

THAT means we have to fiddle through every thread title to click on something we MIGHT want to see whereas, UNREAD CONTENT allows you to see the first few lines and who has posted it.

I'm sure there might be one (ok maybe two ) people who might NOT want to be exposed to my posts...

ALL this cos one obnoxious wanker would not take a hint.... sigh.

10 minutes ago, antrin said:

THAT means we have to fiddle through every thread title to click on something we MIGHT want to see whereas, UNREAD CONTENT allows you to see the first few lines and who has posted it.

I'm sure there might be one (ok maybe two ) people who might NOT want to be exposed to my posts...

Oh, away and join the local knitting club. :lol:

FXsakes, torn faced right enough. :byebye

26 minutes ago, antrin said:

For instance, just go to General Discussion .

Click on the Dot or Star at the Title you desire and you will be transportit to first unread post.

Simple

AND THANKS ANYWAY SHULL 

6 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Is there some way of limiting what comes up when i hit the "unread content " button ?  Obvs you can put individual members on Ignore but is it possible to set my settings so i simply dont get any notifications of activity in certain sections ?

Don't filter out the word 'farewell' oherwise you won't know who's still alive.

5 hours ago, shull said:

For instance, just go to General Discussion .

Click on the Dot or Star at the Title you desire and you will be transportit to first unread post.

Simple

AND THANKS ANYWAY SHULL 

Thanks for trying, but it's not what's needed.

with unread content - one click - I see all of the threads.

i see who has posted.  I click on those I want to read, skipping the uninteresting ones.

after I've read the few that I want to read, I mark the forum as read. It clears away the shite (usually left by you and the other eedjit).

the Sin Bin just makes the forum even more cluttered, unreadable and inaccessible.

It's unwelcoming and unattractively confusing to any new person who stumbles in.

Dickhead and other trolls are winning: the forum's getting screwed up.

They're as effective as the Fundamentalist nutters who have made airport travel crap for the majority of punters who would prefer a simple life.  

Though I appreciate div's effort, the targeting of troublemakers needn't have such repercussions for the innocent majority.

THANKS ANYWAY SHULL.  <_<

Eta:. MANY THANKS, DIV.

GREAT JOB. :)

Edited by antrin
Just checked unread content. It's CLEAN!

6 hours ago, antrin said:

Thanks for trying, but it's not what's needed.

with unread content - one click - I see all of the threads.

i see who has posted.  I click on those I want to read, skipping the uninteresting ones.

after I've read the few that I want to read, I mark the forum as read. It clears away the shite (usually left by you and the other eedjit).

the Sin Bin just makes the forum even more cluttered, unreadable and inaccessible.

It's unwelcoming and unattractively confusing to any new person who stumbles in.

They're as effective as the Fundamentalist nutters who have made airport travel crap for the majority of punters who would prefer a simple life.  

Though I appreciate div's effort, the targeting of troublemakers needn't have such repercussions for the innocent majority.

THANKS ANYWAY SHULL.  <_<

Eta:. MANY THANKS, DIV.

GREAT JOB. :)

Making stuff up because you're in the huff. :blink:

Oh, and the mention of trolls, absolutely classic. :lol:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Making stuff up because you're in the huff. :blink:

Oh, and the mention of trolls, absolutely classic. :lol:

I'm sorry.  Did I use one too many of your emoticons?

ETA: What's "made up"?

Just because you can't understand something doesn't mean it's unreal.

Edited by antrin
Catering for cretins

9 hours ago, antrin said:

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

ETA: What's "made up"?

Just because you can't understand something doesn't mean it's unreal.

I know you struggle through simple stuff so the highlighted sentence. :rolleyes:

Unless you have spoken to all these "new people". :1eye

Looks like YOU can't cope with forum life.

Time to retire, again? :byebye

17 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You can customise what appears as being unread content as follows.

Click Activity, Unread Content

At the top of Unread Content there are a strip of drop down buttons.

Click the drop down next to Content Types and choose Topics.

Then click the little cog icon next to that option

"Narrow by Forums" appears.

Click that drop down and choose all the forums you want to see unread content from.

Once you've done all that just click anywhere outside of the drop down to commit the changes.

Then click the "Save As New Stream" button

Give your new customised Stream a name and hit Create Stream

Now if you want to see your customised version of Unread at any time just go to Activity, My Activity Streams, then choose the Stream you have just created

You plastering every post with emoticons to give them an illusion of depth and content won't make it work.  It doesn't hide your basic simplicity.  Neither does you projecting your self image of 'dullard' onto other posters.  We can see your posts and your multiple emoticons and know that shiny things are making you appear no brighter.

There is no such thing as forum life.  The Forum is, on the whole,  a cesspool with some glimmers of fun, intelligence and originality displayed by a few posters, which is why I'd rather not have to read their posts.  I don't wish to wade through a miasma every time I look at the forum.  Others understand that.  You don't.  Put me on Ignore, please

You claim to have put me on IGNORE many, many times.... yet you recommend that function for other people to use.

Why don't you?

And, by your post above, I take it you don't realise that new people find the Forum, regularly and that many prefer to lurk rather than have cretins who seem bored off their tits in a desert, (eg YOU) describe them as dullards?

1 minute ago, antrin said:

You plastering every post with emoticons to give them an illusion of depth and content won't make it work.  It doesn't hide your basic simplicity.  Neither does you projecting your self image of 'dullard' onto other posters.  We can see your posts and your multiple emoticons and know that shiny things are making you appear no brighter.

There is no such thing as forum life.  The Forum is, on the whole,  a cesspool with some glimmers of fun, intelligence and originality displayed by a few posters, which is why I'd rather not have to read their posts.  I don't wish to wade through a miasma every time I look at the forum.  Others understand that.  You don't.  Put me on Ignore, please

You claim to have put me on IGNORE many, many times.... yet you recommend that function for other people to use.

Why don't you?

And, by your post above, I take it you don't realise that new people find the Forum, regularly and that many prefer to lurk rather than have cretins who seem bored off their tits in a desert, (eg YOU) describe them as dullards?

Eh? :snore

18 minutes ago, div said:

You can customise what appears as being unread content as follows.......

Now if you want to see your customised version of Unread at any time just go to Activity, My Activity Streams, then choose the Stream you have just created

Ta.

It seems to work...

1 hour ago, div said:

You can customise what appears as being unread content as follows.

Click Activity, Unread Content

At the top of Unread Content there are a strip of drop down buttons.

Click the drop down next to Content Types and choose Topics.

Then click the little cog icon next to that option

"Narrow by Forums" appears.

Click that drop down and choose all the forums you want to see unread content from.

Once you've done all that just click anywhere outside of the drop down to commit the changes.

Then click the "Save As New Stream" button

Give your new customised Stream a name and hit Create Stream

Done.:)

Not quite the "one click " option i was looking for but Ta much. Just need to get out of the habit of hitting the unread content button as default !