Free the Sin Bin 1

Kombibuddie

You know it makes sense Div,

Coupled with the visitation of more than a few who bemoaned his presence and  posting style on the main boards, the notoriety of the Sin Bin 1 only gets enhanced with the creation of his very own Robben Island.

You know he's unlikely to change his stance on many matters concerning St Mirren but, the entire forum will not be so lively without the big fella chucking in his tuppence worth and offending folk who perpetually want to be offended. Free the Sin Bin 1.

I must say I logged in this evening to find this "sin bin" and it gave me a laugh, gave me a laugh indeed.

Giving the general forum a break is to mind a welcome respite an I hope this serves as a useful tool to clean the forum up a little.  Well done on some positive and comical moderating, well done indeed.

4 hours ago, saint in exile said:

I think he should be let out of the Sin Bin, but instead be banned for good.

For what exactly? :unsure: Maybe some clear instructions how to use the ignore function would be better although plenty prefer to reply to the vast majority of his posts. It's been hinted many times, but never needed, don't reply or ignore. Simple enough.

39 minutes ago, well st bud said:

Unfortunatly the ignore function doesnt work when others keep quoteing the ignored poster ,the problem i have with stu is he keeps repeating the same things all the time ,a bit like you and shull,ping pong.

Exactly.

If the "others" didn't seem so eager to reply/quote then he wouldn't be an issue. 

Much ado about nothing and it's been allowed to become far to personal over the last few years. <_<

PS I understand people see others differently, I see some posters as absolute dullards, who post lots of words which add nothing.

Everyone to their own. :byebye

There are also members who contribute very little, lets say under 90 posts a year, and still complain, funny that eh? :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

There's nothing personal about the indisputable fact that he's a f**knugget. :)

And a snivelling wee greetin-faced bitch who goes running to the mods to get whole threads deleted when he's in the throes of yet another meltdown due to someone making up a stupid nickname for him.

Right now he's probably claiming that getting "sin binned" is some sort of moral victory whilst, in reality, he's tearfully hugging his keyboard and repeatedly whimpering "Why me?  Why me?" while simultaneously looking at the huge "Wee Nic" poster on his wall and pulling himself off.

^^^^^^^^ Oh dear. :lol:

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

For what exactly? :unsure: Maybe some clear instructions how to use the ignore function would be better although plenty prefer to reply to the vast majority of his posts. It's been hinted many times, but never needed, don't reply or ignore. Simple enough.

Simple.  He ruins every post he becomes part of.  There are plenty others who make stupid or inane comments from time to time, some more than others, but he's taken it to a new level.  The Forum would be better off without him.

28 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Simple.  He ruins every post he becomes part of.  There are plenty others who make stupid or inane comments from time to time, some more than others, but he's taken it to a new level.  The Forum would be better off without him.

So, you've invented a new rule, banning someone who, in your opinion, ruins EVERY thread, not post, he takes part in?

Hope that sin bin is a big place, it'll be full within the month.

Oh, are you ok with the abuse, some of it is shocking, that he receives?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

So, you've invented a new rule, banning someone who, in your opinion, ruins EVERY thread, not post, he takes part in?

Hope that sin bin is a big place, it'll be full within the month.

Oh, are you ok with the abuse, some of it is shocking, that he receives?

No, no new rules, and it's not just MY opinion.  Even you can't argue that he takes over threads with his incoherent rants and, yes, some of the abuse directed at him is over the top, but unfortunately he sets himself up for it. A shame, because he does occasionally make a valid point, but his bombastic and arrogant manner and the derision HE directs at others usually hide that point.

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

No, no new rules, and it's not just MY opinion.  Even you can't argue that he takes over threads with his incoherent rants and, yes, some of the abuse directed at him is over the top, but unfortunately he sets himself up for it. A shame, because he does occasionally make a valid point, but his bombastic and arrogant manner and the derision HE directs at others usually hide that point.

ach, you could be describing quite a few folk. Pity folk can't just read someone' posts and filter out the shite and move on.

On 10/01/2017 at 8:41 PM, Kombibuddie said:

Coupled with the visitation of more than a few who bemoaned his presence and  posting style on the main boards, the notoriety of the Sin Bin 1 only gets enhanced with the creation of his very own Robben Island.

You know he's unlikely to change his stance on many matters concerning St Mirren but, the entire forum will not be so lively without the big fella chucking in his tuppence worth and offending folk who perpetually want to be offended. Free the Sin Bin 1.

Nice try Mr Dickson

On 1/10/2017 at 8:41 PM, Kombibuddie said:

Sod that, there should be more punters in there! Incarcerate the Sin Bin 40!

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

Shouldn't we know what the rules are first?

I agree but whose fault is it if you (not you personally) don't know the rules?

The poster for not looking for them? The Webmaster for not making them clear enough? The moderators for not applying them consistently?

Hopefully, they'll be made clearer but it will be interesting to see how a sanitised Black & White Army develops

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I don't know where the "rules" are but, then again, I tend to use common sense (very common in my case) to decide how far to push it. If someone dishes it out then they should be able to take it back (and not go crying to the mods about being called a made-up word). If someone is civil to me, I'll be civil to them, no matter how much I actually disagree with what they say.

Maybe if others didn't go into the sin bin and giving them an audience then they would realise that they have to start "behaving" if they want to continue to enjoy the benefits of this forum. Maybe those not in the sin bin shouldn't be allowed to post in there so that those "sentenced" only have each other to talk to during their "incarceration".

Then again, they would probably just use one of their other aliases to post on the rest of the forum.

Just saying.

Or they will not be allowed to go out to play after school, that'll teach them. :lol: