Shankland signs for The Ton

Just now, Buddy Marvellous said:

Shanks was a very highly thought of young striker hence Aberdeen taking him up there. I am certain he will go on to score goals and establish himself in the prem league and be another player in a long list of players who didn't work out for us!

Plenty players have been highly thought of but their bad attitudes have f**ked their careers. 

Why don't Aberdeen play him if he is that fecking great? 

He chucked it with us and should be ashamed of himself. 

Stole my Season Ticket money. 

Point out where I am wrong. Shankland is a fat waster who also cheated by diving all over the place. 

[/quote

There are many players to pull on the stripes you could call a disgrace, Shankland isn't one.

Whilst things haven't went for him at SMP he always seemed to give his all and his goals v Morton means you labelling him as a disgrace is the first point you are wrong

Point 2 this seasons strip is awrite actually.

2 minutes ago, Buddy Marvellous said:
8 minutes ago, shull said:
Point out where I am wrong. Shankland is a fat waster who also cheated by diving all over the place. 
[/quot

There are many players to pull on the stripes you could call a disgrace, Shankland isn't one.

Whilst things haven't went for him at SMP he always seemed to give his all and his goals v Morton means you labelling him as a disgrace is the first point you are wrong

Point 2 this seasons strip is awrite actually.

Probably Oor money the people oot working paying the right taxis.

Plenty players have been highly thought of but their bad attitudes have f**ked their careers. 

Why don't Aberdeen play him if he is that fecking great? 

He chucked it with us and should be ashamed of himself. 

Stole my Season Ticket money. 

Surprised you could get yer wallet oot yer pocket to pay for yer ST, yer tighter than a Gnats chuff

Great news that we've finally rinsed that dud. Should never have been re-signed in pre season but oh well.

If we get Loy in for Shankland that's a huge win for us.

Perfectly aware he will likely score a hat trick against us when he returns in the Morton jersey, but that won't change the fact he was absolutely useless in his spell at St Mirren

There goes the long throw threat. Other than that, cheerio and thanks for the memories. At least he contributed something tangible from time to time. Like Gareth Wardlaw who scored at Aberdeen.

To be honest, our young kids aside, Jack can get rid of whoever he wants and I'll have no issue with it.

15 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I agree.

Although, I'd keep Sutton, as I think he'll be vital for us if we sign Loy.

I like Sutton, happy for him to stay, but my view is that Jack Ross, should he dispense with pretty much anyone in the squad he came into, won't attract my criticism for doing so. This is the moment Jack Ross' success or failure as Saints boss really begins. Whatever he decides to do, having now had a good look at the squad, it's his call and I hope the changes work out.

2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

If anything, we need Morton to be stronger against our actual relegation rivals, so this doesn't bother me either.

Can't see how this has strengthened Morton. As far as I know, all their strikers are injured. Seems they were desperate to sign someone and we were desperate to get rid.

54 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

There goes the long throw threat. Other than that, cheerio and thanks for the memories. At least he contributed something tangible from time to time. Like Gareth Wardlaw who scored at Aberdeen.

To be honest, our young kids aside, Jack can get rid of whoever he wants and I'll have no issue with it.

Ah, the long throw threat. The sense of excitement in the ground as we realised the other team would soon have a throw in on the other side of the pitch.

A tactic that brought precisely 0 goals in 18 months. The only mystery was why three managers persisted with it.

Didn't work out for him this season. Change of environment could do him good, going into a squad full of confidence that is playing well could bring out the best of him.

Just one of those things and probably best for everyone that he has moved on.