Shankland signs for The Ton

He,ll probably be very effective for them , chucking in long throws towards Christian Nade , thing is they may be a bit top heavy with lazy players ( most of whom have played for us )

Just think of the kit order for him and Nade they will be sewing two pairs of 3XL shorts together for one of them

Aitken will probably bring the best out of players who were duds elsewhere or at Greenhill Road. 

Next St Mirren Manager is Aitken. 

Although I would have Gus before him. 

Edited by shull

You wonder what kind of nick Shankland will be in now if he hasn't gone through a pre-season..... 

Shankland the Hutt.

Seriously though, he got double figures in goals for us in his first season so there most definitely is a player in there.

Does he have the discipline and commitment to be a full time player at championship level? That remains to be seen.

Aitken will probably bring the best out of players who were duds elsewhere or at Greenhill Road. 
Next St Mirren Manager is Aitken. 
Although I would have Gus before him. 

Is this the same Stevie Aitken who is a Morton legend spending over a decade with them and liked nothing more than winding us up and spoke regularly of hating St Mirren.

No thanks

8 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Is this the same Stevie Aitken who is a Morton legend spending over a decade with them and liked nothing more than winding us up and spoke regularly of hating St Mirren.

No thanks

Aye , that's him.

But it is Sport, we are decent human beings and not cnuts like those from Ibrox and Parkhead

Shankland seemed disinterested when he played for us. I can't see him being enthusiastic about playing for Dumbarton. I think he sees himself as a bit of a star, seemed to think he was better than St Mirren, I can see him working his way down the leagues if he doesn't sort his attitude. Definitely has ability, but needs to put the work in.

Just now, Saint Garf said:

Shankland seemed disinterested when he played for us. I can't see him being enthusiastic about playing for Dumbarton. I think he sees himself as a bit of a star, seemed to think he was better than St Mirren, I can see him working his way down the leagues if he doesn't sort his attitude. Definitely has ability, but needs to put the work in.

Aye, I suspect that's why Jack cleared him out in January.

Real shame, as there's a prolific goal scorer in there somewhere (before anyone says it, naw, I'm not suggesting that Shanks ate him!).

I appreciate that the chat about him returning is just a wind-up, but despite having been a supporter of him in the past, I wouldn't want him back now. We can't afford to carry passengers.

He's a daft lad if he doesn't get his finger out soon.

• 2 weeks later...