The Dome

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Is pitchside advertising really worth it though? It's being viewed by 3/4 of a stadium for 90 mins a fortnight. If I was a company I would be investing on online advertising, etc.

have you ever bought any goods or service based on a pitchside advert?

I bought and drank Irn Bru, got my car serviced, had a wee flutter and even voted SNP.

3 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Is pitchside advertising really worth it though? It's being viewed by 3/4 of a stadium for 90 mins a fortnight. If I was a company I would be investing on online advertising, etc.

have you ever bought any goods or service based on a pitchside advert?

All advertising is like winking at an attractive woman in a very dark disco - only you know you are doing it.

3 hours ago, pod said:

Can only be grateful to the one's that take up the advertising. We need all the income we can get.

Agreed.

my point is more directed at the commercial side of the business. What is the pricing? What is package?

im guessing its shite since we've got advertising boards that are two years old and not generating income.

23 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Agreed.

my point is more directed at the commercial side of the business. What is the pricing? What is package?

im guessing its shite since we've got advertising boards that are two years old and not generating income.

https://www.stmirren.com/commercial/advertising/stadium-advertising

https://www.stmirren.com/commercial/advertising/jumbo-screen-advertising

Edited by pod

On 7/14/2017 at 11:00 AM, aldo_j said:

The company I work for still has advertising boards up in most Scottish clubs grounds. That's despite not paying for the space in the last two seasons and having delisted the product in the last 12 months.

I don't think it's as easy to fill the space as some think. So do you have blank spaces or leave the old stuff?

Would require a shit load of tipex, to be fair.

• 6 months later...
9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The dome is down.

Weather related.

Let the rabid slavering begin...

I don't think there will be. I think it's been pretty well cleared up that names like 'All Weather' aren't appropriate when attached to things like the dome or artificial pitches. Not sure who it was that ever attached the expression. 

1 hour ago, madball said:

If money comes in from John McGinn I think the club should look into a more permanent structure rather than the dome. Perhaps thinking ahead this could incorporate facilities for the Women's team too with regards to training space.

Where is John McGinn going Hibs don' t look to be selling. 

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's definitely an if at the moment. Hibs have been pretty good at getting good money for players and I don't see them letting his contract run down, all I'm saying as that if a sale generated a windfall for us I would like to see a proportion used to make a more permanent structure than hear a dome related issue every year and also to do something prior to the end of it's useful life.

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Nowhere at the moment, but hopefully some team will come in for him before the end of the transfer window. Hibs will sell him in a second if a bid meets their valuation. 

3 hours ago, madball said:

It's definitely an if at the moment. Hibs have been pretty good at getting good money for players and I don't see them letting his contract run down, all I'm saying as that if a sale generated a windfall for us I would like to see a proportion used to make a more permanent structure than hear a dome related issue every year and also to do something prior to the end of it's useful life.

That and the fact we get rid of the JD adverts blazoned on it.

From Official Site

The St Mirren airdome has been brought down temporarily due to adverse weather conditions. 

An accumulation of snow has fallen down the side of the dome causing a tear in the membrane of the revolving door. 

Repairs will be carried out on the dome to get it fully operational but it is likely this won't begin until the snow clears.

Anyone with dome bookings is advised to contact [email protected]

St Mirren Football Club apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. 

9 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Maybe if Hibs sell Mcginn for 3 or 4m. then maybe part of our share could go to a more permanent structure either were the dome is or at Ralston.Might be something GLS has thought of already.

For me any extra money should be put aside for next season to retain and add players. 

25 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
26 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
For me any extra money should be put aside for next season to retain and add players. 

if were in the spl extra will come to us anyway. I'm not saying it should done. just suggestion

Its a good suggestion.Surprised nobuddie else thought of it.

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Maybe if Hibs sell Mcginn for 3 or 4m. then maybe part of our share could go to a more permanent structure either were the dome is or at Ralston.Might be something GLS has thought of already.

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

if were in the spl extra will come to us anyway. I'm not saying it should done. just suggestion

It is one of a number of ideas/ambitions the board/GLS spoke about not long after takeover. To build a permanent indoor training facility. The non start of the Sports Village will no doubt be holding up plans?

doubt they would ever get permission to build it at Ralston, more likely planning to move the whole lot down to  Greenhill Road..?