Naismith to County

1 minute ago, Losing My Religion said:

Didn't see this anywhere else.

Jason Naismith: Ross County sign St Mirren full-back for next term

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38599379

Still expect him to go there this window for a nominal fee. Irvine will move to his preferred position at Right Back and we'll bring in a new Left Back.

He looked like he wasn't interested on Saturday which is a shame because he's been a great player for us, in and around the first team for 5 years and should be leaving with all our blessings. Don't quite think he will though unfortunately.

he's headed down a blind alley going to County.  

He would have been better served staying with us until the end of the season and then appraising his future.  i doubt he was offered such a great deal that he couldn't have at least matched it by turning in a series of good performances in the stripes until May and then looking at the offers.  He's cashed out rather than backed his own form.  Up to him, I suppose.  For me, he may as well go now even if we don't get the nominal fee.

I hate the pre-contract rules, they seem to deliver inertia in most circumstances.

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

He would have been better served staying with us until the end of the season and then appraising his future.  i doubt he was offered such a great deal that he couldn't have at least matched it by turning in a series of good performances in the stripes until May and then looking at the offers.  He's cashed out rather than backed his own form.  Up to him, I suppose.  For me, he may as well go now even if we don't get the nominal fee.

I hate the pre-contract rules, they seem to deliver inertia in most circumstances.

Correct he's on a hiding to nothing

If he has a series of poor performances it will be put down to him not trying

Ross County have played a blinder here

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I am agreement, in agreement I am in indeed.

Young Jason has come through the ranks, has done us a turn and now moves on.  Good luck to the lad in his future career.  That said I do think he had a better move in him than Ross County of the Dingwall.  If our team (it is a big if) survive relegation then it is entirely possible that we could be back in the top league in 3 seasons time whilst Ross County of the Dingwall could easily find themselves in the championship in that time.

Anyway I wish the laddie well, whether he moves on now or waits until the end of this abysmal season leaves me a bit meh. 

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Very good post . Your correct bad move for Jason he's been badly advised . He also should be grateful to Jack Ross as he's improved under him . He's further up the pitch and better threat going forward than before . He also looks leaner and sharper as he's lost some weight . Very disapointed in his ambition for himself but wish him well .

1 minute ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Very good post . Your correct bad move for Jason he's been badly advised . He also should be grateful to Jack Ross as he's improved under him . He's further up the pitch and better threat going forward than before . He also looks leaner and sharper as he's lost some weight . Very disapointed in his ambition for himself but wish him well .

The thing is he's probably very low in confidence after all his injuries. If he has another bad injury between now and the end of the season without a new contract then he could be finished as a footballer. Remember David Barron?

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I know this sounds a bit churlish but I'd be tempted to remove him from the first team  and freeze him out unless he shows absolute commitment in every training session and every bounce game. Why should we contribute to his football fitness if he's second guessing whether a tackle is going to hurt? Going by past layoffs he aint gonna be fit by the end of the season. Serves him right

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

I know this sounds a bit churlish but I'd be tempted to remove him from the first team  and freeze him out unless he shows absolute commitment in every training session. Why should we contribute to his football fitness if he's second guessing whether a tackle is going to hurt? Going by past layoffs he aint gonna be fit by the end of the season. Serves him right

Classy. <_<

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I know this sounds a bit churlish but I'd be tempted to remove him from the first team  and freeze him out unless he shows absolute commitment in every training session and every bounce game. Why should we contribute to his football fitness if he's second guessing whether a tackle is going to hurt? Going by past layoffs he aint gonna be fit by the end of the season. Serves him right

That sounds a wee bit bitter .

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

You could lay a lot of things at Naisy's door, he's not the most technically gifted footballer in the world for example, but the one thing in my opinion you could never ever question is his desire and commitment to the jersey. He'd run through a wall for his team. If he ends up staying to the end of this season I'd have no qualms whatsoever about him playing every week.

7 minutes ago, div said:

You could lay a lot of things at Naisy's door, he's not the most technically gifted footballer in the world for example, but the one thing in my opinion you could never ever question is his desire and commitment to the jersey. He'd run through a wall for his team. If he ends up staying to the end of this season I'd have no qualms whatsoever about him playing every week.

Not so sure did you watch him on Saturday? He seemed to be playing on half power.