Naismith to County

The thing is he's probably very low in confidence after all his injuries. If he has another bad injury between now and the end of the season without a new contract then he could be finished as a footballer. Remember David Barron?

Also peopl need to remember that going to Ross County didn't do Steven McGarry, Richard brittain, Graham Carey any harm.

14 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I am agreement, in agreement I am in indeed.

Young Jason has come through the ranks, has done us a turn and now moves on.  Good luck to the lad in his future career.  That said I do think he had a better move in him than Ross County of the Dingwall.  If our team (it is a big if) survive relegation then it is entirely possible that we could be back in the top league in 3 seasons time whilst Ross County of the Dingwall could easily find themselves in the championship in that time.

Anyway I wish the laddie well, whether he moves on now or waits until the end of this abysmal season leaves me a bit meh. 

Not sure how people can say it's a bad move for him, it seems like a great move for him to me. If we take off the black and white tinted glasses then he's being given to chance to leave a sinking ship who are looking likely to drop to league 1 to join a team currently in the top 6 of the premiership, why would he turn it down? It's an added bonus for him if he stays with us till the end of the season as I believe he is a saints man and will want to do all he can to help keep us up.. but if we do go down he's going to county anyway so win/win for him.

I know this sounds a bit churlish but I'd be tempted to remove him from the first team  and freeze him out unless he shows absolute commitment in every training session and every bounce game. Why should we contribute to his football fitness if he's second guessing whether a tackle is going to hurt? Going by past layoffs he aint gonna be fit by the end of the season. Serves him right

Similar to what we used to hear about kirk broadfoot before he wrote headlines while helping us stay in the SPL.

55 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

If our team (it is a big if) survive relegation then it is entirely possible that we could be back in the top league in 3 seasons time whilst Ross County of the Dingwall could easily find themselves in the championship in that time.

Alright Tony

8 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Not sure how people can say it's a bad move for him, it seems like a great move for him to me. If we take off the black and white tinted glasses then he's being given to chance to leave a sinking ship who are looking likely to drop to league 1 to join a team currently in the top 6 of the premiership, why would he turn it down? It's an added bonus for him if he stays with us till the end of the season as I believe he is a saints man and will want to do all he can to help keep us up.. but if we do go down he's going to county anyway so win/win for him.

I am unsure why you thought you had to ask the question of me...unsure indeed.

I explained in my post rather thoroughly as to why I do NOT think a move to Ross County is a good one for Jason Naismith.  Truly I thought my reasoning to be well presented.

14 hours ago, Hambud said:

Also peopl need to remember that going to Ross County didn't do Steven McGarry, Richard brittain, Graham Carey any harm.

I can only speak for Steven.He was well thought of and looked after in Dingwall.At his wedding in Vegas the majority of guests were ex County players and it showed me how close they were as a unit up there.A great bunch of lads including Alex Burke and Sean Higgins.The best of the bunch though was Jim Lauchlan who was an absolute gent.Jason will have no problem settling in up there and will no doubt be housed in Inverness which is hardly in the sticks.Stay out of Johnny Foxes and he will be fine.

As other posters have already said - being a step down from Ross County at the moment is a hard pill to swallow - but it is the reality. There is no point getting into any wailing and gnashing of teeth about it - we need to focus on stabilising our position and addressing our decline. I still believe we can stay up and other similar sized type clubs (Patrick / Dunfermline) have battled back from the third tier to the top flight in quick succession in the recent past - so if the worst happens it is not the end

As for Jason Naismith - he has taken the opportunity to join a team currently in the premiership top six and backed by a multimillionaire owner - who could blame him?

I'll wish him all the best but a huffy/sarcastic "Thanks a lot" for giving us another problem position to backfill :(

Edited by southsidebud

25 minutes ago, ron said:

If we stay up and RC are relegated do you think he will have some sort of 'agreement' that may allow him to stay. I,d imagine that would be his preference under those circumstances.

Nope , No ,Nein , non.  You get my drift ?

He has made the decision to move on, good luck to him. He will not be a saints player next year under any circumstances. Move on.