OUR Stadium

JJP

Our stadium is a bit sh!t, pretty much everyone accepts that, Outwith the main stand there really isn't much to it.

I may well get shot down for this but once Rangers redeveloped Ibrox, outwith the main stand, they pretty much had a brand new stadium as well. The made the stadium their own which is what we have to do with ours. Can't we at the very least emulsion the walls underneath the stands, the areas in and around the pie stalls & toilets? Put up Saints pictures, old kits etc? Giving each stand an identity and make it truly a St Mirren Park.

I understand we have bigger priorities on the park but what do we as fans think? This is something I feel strongly about as it is OUR stadium.

29 minutes ago, JJP said:

Our stadium is a bit sh!t, pretty much everyone accepts that, Outwith the main stand there really isn't much to it.

I may well get shot down for this but once Rangers redeveloped Ibrox, outwith the main stand, they pretty much had a brand new stadium as well. The made the stadium their own which is what we have to do with ours. Can't we at the very least emulsion the walls underneath the stands, the areas in and around the pie stalls & toilets? Put up Saints pictures, old kits etc? Giving each stand an identity and make it truly a St Mirren Park.

I understand we have bigger priorities on the park but what do we as fans think? This is something I feel strongly about as it is OUR stadium.

This is a sound idea that needn't cost a lot. For example, in the home concourses at Celtic Park they have affixed to the walls frames that take newspapers. They have been filled with the newspaper reports of famous Celtic wins. I was using someone's ST to watch us get thumped there back in our top flight days and stopped to read some of the reports at H/T. I have kept a collection of our cup final win newspaper reports, pretty sure lots of Saints fans have too. Maybe the Fan Council / SMiSA could look into the possibilty of affixing something similar within the home stands, and ask fans to donate suitable material to insert into them.

Get those HoF panels tae' f..... :P

Our stadium m is perfect for our needs and requires minimum FM maintenance.

'Great' Ideas like painting the concourse blockwork are where the problems start.

Once you've done it once, you need to continue to do it every 5 years or so until eternity, at great expense. Otherwise the place starts to look obviously filthy.

It is unnecessary, unaffordable etc...

By all means get Poz to design a few more pictures though.

Edit: BinEK beat me to it :(

I'd like to think that in time, at some point, some of the SMiSA money could be used to fund wee bits and pieces around the stadium to make it better.

I know there are some people who think we should be feeding every homeless person in Scotland using the money, but first and foremost if SMiSA can help improve the matchday experience, like we've already done for the Disabled Supporters then that for me would be a big positive.

1 minute ago, div said:

I'd like to think that in time, at some point, some of the SMiSA money could be used to fund wee bits and pieces around the stadium to make it better.

I know there are some people who think we should be feeding every homeless person in Scotland using the money, but first and foremost if SMiSA can help improve the matchday experience, like we've already done for the Disabled Supporters then that for me would be a big positive.

This is what I would imagine the SIMSA money was mainly meant ifor , this could come under improving our match day experience.

Our stadium is awesome.  Far better than what we had previously.  Yes we all have fond memories of Love Street but it was a decaying relic of a bygone era.  I don't have to walk up an incline to get there, my seat is reasonably comfortable, I can see the entire pitch (unless a certian little runt with stupid hair chooses to stand up for no apparent reason) without any obstruction from a support beam, we have a supporters bar where we once had bugger all, we have a dedicated car park where we once had bugger all, we have undersoil heating that we cannot afford to run and  you can urinate on a wet day without getting rained upon!

Come on folks get a grip of yersels, the stadium is cracking it is just the product on the park that is rank!

21 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Our stadium is awesome.  Far better than what we had previously.  Yes we all have fond memories of Love Street but it was a decaying relic of a bygone era.  I don't have to walk up an incline to get there, my seat is reasonably comfortable, I can see the entire pitch (unless a certian little runt with stupid hair chooses to stand up for no apparent reason) without any obstruction from a support beam, we have a supporters bar where we once had bugger all, we have a dedicated car park where we once had bugger all, we have undersoil heating that we cannot afford to run and  you can urinate on a wet day without getting rained upon!

Come on folks get a grip of yersels, the stadium is cracking it is just the product on the park that is rank!

Are we insured.:whistle

50 minutes ago, Kendo said:

If they could fill in the corners like Hibs with plywood sheeting to help keep in the atmosphere and blocking out the wind. I think it could make a bit of a difference.

Think you would need more than plywood. With gale force winds, it would soon be flywood.