Josh Todd

Hambud

Just now, TopCat said:

Decent signing. As has been alluded too, just like Loy proved the end for goalless wonder 1 Shankland, hopefully Todd proves the end of goalless wonder 2 Clarkson.

Credit to JR for identifying these two glaring weaknesses in our squad.

now seriously TC...that was a compliment of a sort of our management....

are the signs looking good or is JR still a trumpet?

of course time will tell....IMHO...i dunno...sometimes players just gel or they dont

its going to be good/painful next 4 months...BUCKLE UP :-)

22-y-o coming from a p/t club. Realistically that is where we are at this point and I guess we have to hope that he's young enough to make the breakthrough as a f/t player. Like BinEK I wonder if he's been signed with one eye on Mallan leaving. Whatever the case JR is starting to get the squad he wants so let's hope he can turn things around. At the very least we're weakening one of the two clubs we have a realistic chance of catching.

3 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Have you no ambition, 3rd pfft. I'm wanting a manager to be leading and winning this league in a year or two. Though my liver might disagree emoji6.png

As stupid as that sounds, and it does sound stupid, there's a member of the St Mirren staff who has said something even more stupid. :rolleyes:

Answers on a postcard, for those who remember what a postcard is. :lol:

8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

22-y-o coming from a p/t club. Realistically that is where we are at this point and I guess we have to hope that he's young enough to make the breakthrough as a f/t player. Like BinEK I wonder if he's been signed with one eye on Mallan leaving. Whatever the case JR is starting to get the squad he wants so let's hope he can turn things around. At the very least we're weakening one of the two clubs we have a realistic chance of catching.

Going by his history, he seems like a decent player, who made the decision to play for nothing on amateur terms with Dumbarton, to give himself the opportunity of attracting a full-time club. His goals to game ratio is decent at Annan, and he has played a fair number of games this season too at Dumbarton. Weakening a rival opposition can only be a good thing and im pretty sure his wage is not breaking the bank.

11 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

22-y-o coming from a p/t club. Realistically that is where we are at this point and I guess we have to hope that he's young enough to make the breakthrough as a f/t player.

Why do we need to hope?

The fact that he is currently with a part time team is surely irrelevant.

He's already playing in the SAME division as us. He's playing against the same teams and players. He's helped his team accumulate a lot more points than we have and they are higher up the league than we are.

IMO. we'll be looking for him to go straight into the side.

he must have played in just about all of Dumbartons games this season , he,s relatively young , and getting a second chance of full time football , so I,m expecting a hard working strong running player , who could maybe come on as a sub , when the midfield is tiring or when Sutts has ran out of steam and bring a bit of energy to the team , so initially I think he would be a great replacement for Clarkston in the bench , and with full time training he might be able to develop a better player and a first team regular , hopefully he will be a decent signing

36 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Why do we need to hope?

The fact that he is currently with a part time team is surely irrelevant.

He's already playing in the SAME division as us. He's playing against the same teams and players. He's helped his team accumulate a lot more points than we have and they are higher up the league than we are.

IMO. we'll be looking for him to go straight into the side.

The last player we signed from Dumbarton was unable to make the transition successfully and back playing p/t a season later

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The last player we signed from Dumbarton was unable to make the transition successfully and back playing p/t a season later

We have signed countless full time players in the past 2 or 3 seasons who have failed to make the "transition"! :lol: 

I thought Agnew did okay. He scored some goals. The problem was that was in direct competition with Mallan.

This boy may well be in direct competition with Mallan as well for his preferred position through the middle. However, he's been playing wide all season in a team higher up the league than us.

He can therefore play anywhere across the 3 attacking midfield positions.

IMO, we will be expecting him to immediately be able to compete / cover for one of the positions.