Just to remind us why we suffer

DougJamie

For me the Mobray game, just days after the horror game that we dare not mention, me and a few buds that were expecting a humping and decided to go anyway, SACKED IN THE MORNING, Andy Dorman and wee Stevie Thomson... and then St Murrns Day, a few months before I had to move back to Oz to work... whit a time it was.. I feckin love Paisley.

2 hours ago, BaldyOzBud said:

For me the Mobray game, just days after the horror game that we dare not mention, me and a few buds that were expecting a humping and decided to go anyway, SACKED IN THE MORNING, Andy Dorman and wee Stevie Thomson... and then St Murrns Day, a few months before I had to move back to Oz to work... whit a time it was.. I feckin love Paisley.

Image result for st mirren 4-0 celtic  He he

On 1/13/2017 at 4:44 PM, BaldyOzBud said:

I've had this argument on many occasions, that although that final was a huge disappointment there is NO WAY on EARTH it was anywhere near as bad as Wednesday the 6th of November 1985 and the Swedish Team. THAT was the worst ever.

3 hours ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

I've had this argument on many occasions, that although that final was a huge disappointment there is NO WAY on EARTH it was anywhere near as bad as Wednesday the 6th of November 1985 and the Swedish Team. THAT was the worst ever.

In your opinion, naturally. My opinion is that while a massive kick in the haw-maws, had we beaten Hammarby, we would likely have exited Europe shortly after it. I don't see many folk reminiscing about the night we played Tromso or when Elfsborg came to town. Europe was great - a bonus.

However.... beating one of THEM to lift a major trophy, to see a St Mirren captain raise the League Cup as 35,000 plus bigots sneaked out would have been orgasmic. We'd still be talking about it today. We fcuked it up against nine men. Again, just my opinion, I have never felt so low after a football match than after failing to hammer that mob with a two-man advantage. How many times have we ever had a chance to fcuk one of that mob up the arse in a national cup final? Still hurts to even think about the circumstances in which we shat it.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

In your opinion, naturally. My opinion is that while a massive kick in the haw-maws, had we beaten Hammarby, we would likely have exited Europe shortly after it. I don't see many folk reminiscing about the night we played Tromso or when Elfsborg came to town. Europe was great - a bonus.

However.... beating one of THEM to lift a major trophy, to see a St Mirren captain raise the League Cup as 35,000 plus bigots sneaked out would have been orgasmic. We'd still be talking about it today. We fcuked it up against nine men. Again, just my opinion, I have never felt so low after a football match than after failing to hammer that mob with a two-man advantage. How many times have we ever had a chance to fcuk one of that mob up the arse in a national cup final? Still hurts to even think about the circumstances in which we shat it.

Correct

That Cup Final was 10x worse than Hammarby

Many teams now lose goals in the last few minutes

Man Utd won an European trophy doing so

But not many lose a cup final against 9 men especially when the score was 0-0 at the time

3 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Correct

That Cup Final was 10x worse than Hammarby

Many teams now lose goals in the last few minutes

Man Utd won an European trophy doing so

But not many lose a cup final against 9 men especially when the score was 0-0 at the time

I think we can actually apply a bit of logic to it. What would have followed beating Hammarby? Answer - we would have progressed to the next round.

What would have followed beating Rangers? Answer - an open top bus round Paisley. A cup winners DVD. A trophy in the boardroom. Fans partying in town. T Shirts, scarves, souvenirs....

No contest. IMHO.