Gallagher signs for Dumbarton

Deadweight who was well down the pecking order.

I initially thought he might offer something with his pace and direct approach, but his ball control was so lacking that it negated any positives in his overall play. Did score the odd goal, though, and always seemed more of a goal threat than the likes of Clarkson.

Edited by Drew

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Deadweight who was well down the pecking order.

I initially thought he might offer something with his pace and direct approach, but his ball control was so lacking that it negated any positives in his overall play. Did score the odd goal, though, and always seemed more of a goal threat than the likes of Clarkson.

I tried for several minutes to come up with a tarmac/asphalt/road surface related pun...couldn't cobble one together.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

13 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I tried for several minutes to come up with a tarmac/asphalt/road surface related pun...couldn't cobble one together.

Er.... why?  :unsure:

I mean 'cobbled' is giving us good road surface  - but why a road surface pun - for Calum Gallagher...?

He was one corner of the triangle of duddery that played a huge part in costing Rae his job. Shankland and Clarkson were the other two.

None of those should have been re-signed, all three were.

Credit to Ross for getting rid of them. Two down, one to go.

A player who scored a few goals last season whilst being pretty shit otherwise.

Wasn't particularly enamoured when he re-signed in June, so not bothered now that he's left us.

Maybe if he's played as an out and out striker for Dumbarton he might get better, but hopefully not. 

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

In fairness, we are taking a part time amateur in return... I'm sure he'll be as good as McGarvey, Stark, Clarke and McAvennie signed from junior teams in the 70's and 80's.

He may well be , Gallagher certainly won't !