Gallagher signs for Dumbarton

10 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

In fairness, we are taking a part time amateur in return... I'm sure he'll be as good as McGarvey, Stark, Clarke and McAvennie signed from junior teams in the 70's and 80's.

Been an amateur for 6 months, and only so Dumbarton avoided having to pay compensation.

35 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

In fairness, we are taking a part time amateur in return... I'm sure he'll be as good as McGarvey, Stark, Clarke and McAvennie signed from junior teams in the 70's and 80's.

It isn't really being fair though. He's only an amateur at Dumbaton's behest so they could exploit a loophole to pinch him from Annan.

24 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Been an amateur for 6 months, and only so Dumbarton avoided having to pay compensation.

Todd has 27 appearances for Dumbarton this season and no goals, and 27 goals with Annan in 3 seasons and over 90 appearances with them. Fingers crossed he'll be better than Gallagher (and Shankland, Walsh and Hardie) but not getting my hopes up that he will add many more goals to what we had before the window opened.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It isn't really being fair though. He's only an amateur at Dumbaton's behest so they could exploit a loophole to pinch him from Annan.

When was the last time he was a full time player? 3 seasons at Annan, 6 months at Dumbarton after 1 appearance at Carlisle and 1 during a loan spell at Workingston. I'm not saying that he doesn't have potential, just that I don't have high hopes that he will be an improvement on the attacking options we had before the window opened. He'll be stepping up from part time football during the 5 months we hope he'll make an impact.

I always thought he would have been better utilised in a forwards position of sitting just behind strikers in an attacking midfielders role. Don't think he was given an opportunity this season and certainly don't think he was worse than Clarkson or Shankland this season. Would have liked to see him stay tbh.

Best of luck to the lad.

Todd has 27 appearances for Dumbarton this season and no goals, and 27 goals with Annan in 3 seasons and over 90 appearances with them. Fingers crossed he'll be better than Gallagher (and Shankland, Walsh and Hardie) but not getting my hopes up that he will add many more goals to what we had before the window opened.

The one thing that strikes me about this signing compared to other the other guys above is what Jack Ross said after the Qos game when he gave %'s of the "makeup" of the player's that he wants. I can't remember the amounts but the % relating to the players feet was the lowest with head and heart (I think) being the higher %'s required.

The three three loanees always struck me as guys that were more "feet" than head or heart. Gallagher I feel did play with heart last season but for one reason or the other hasn't had a chance to show that this season.

However what he'll see in Todd is a guy that is hungry and wanting to take his chance. He'll see a bit of himself in him (remember Jack was late to get back into the senior game). He maybe felt these guys who were on loan from 2 of the bigger clubs in the country didn't have the desired hunger, head or heart to get us out this mess.

I hope that Jack has recruited well, I hope these guys have the head and heart that is needed to get us out this mess.

I am going to travel through to Dunfermline tomorrow in hope. Hoping that we can kick start our season. Hoping that we can kick start our come back. Hoping I do not get another kick in the balls from the club I love.

COYS!!!

The one thing that strikes me about this signing compared to other the other guys above is what Jack Ross said after the Qos game when he gave %'s of the "makeup" of the player's that he wants. I can't remember the amounts but the % relating to the players feet was the lowest with head and heart (I think) being the higher %'s required.

The three three loanees always struck me as guys that were more "feet" than head or heart. Gallagher I feel did play with heart last season but for one reason or the other hasn't had a chance to show that this season.

However what he'll see in Todd is a guy that is hungry and wanting to take his chance. He'll see a bit of himself in him (remember Jack was late to get back into the senior game). He maybe felt these guys who were on loan from 2 of the bigger clubs in the country didn't have the desired hunger, head or heart to get us out this mess.

I hope that Jack has recruited well, I hope these guys have the head and heart that is needed to get us out this mess.

I am going to travel through to Dunfermline tomorrow in hope. Hoping that we can kick start our season. Hoping that we can kick start our come back. Hoping I do not get another kick in the balls from the club I love.

COYS!!!

This was meant for the Todd signs thread [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji38]

We are bottom of the league and have been all season. Gallagher could not get a game in this very poor team. We cannot afford to have players around who are not contributing in this desperate situation. Best of luck to him but I am not sorry to see him go.

I seem to remember a couple of posters commenting on Gallagher's performances for the U-20's when he was trying to get back into the first team.

IIRC the overwhelming sentiment was that he was disinterested and pretty shite overall.

Maybe he'll try a bit harder at Dumbarton, but he certainly didn't appear to be doing so here.:byebye