Best end to a season ever coming up?

It certainly is exciting and its been like this for weeks .........................

We have gone from St Mirren Nil to St Mirren Loads

I think we will turn over Falkirk, I think we are that good, as Jack said so well.... Maintain performance levels we will be fine, drop and we will, but I really feel 10th has gone, Ayr are way off the pace, as are Raith, but on their crap pitch anything is possible.

I think there is very little chance we will go down now. As difficult as our fixtures are, we are the form team of the league over the past 3 full months - it's not just a purple patch. We go to Falkirk on Saturday, in what will probably be the most difficult game we have left, and most of us fully expect to take something from it. There's a reason we are now long odds to go down mate - the bookies don't often lose money.
You're right to remain wary, although I find it difficult because I have such confidence in this team and this manager. Win on Saturday and we're another huge step of the way there.

Ooft !! Careful.

For sure a win at Falkirk and I'd go along with the we are safe mantra. However a reverse and a result goes against us else where and we are in the deep doo doo. We are now in control but just when you think, ah St mirren are on form, in control and playing well, we implode as only we can.
That all said, I can't quietly help hoping for a St. mirren blast at Falkirk akin to the Jack Ross inspired blitz a few years ago under Gus. That was some day [emoji1]

Ooft !! Careful.

For sure a win at Falkirk and I'd go along with the we are safe mantra. However a reverse and a result goes against us else where and we are in the deep doo doo. We are now in control but just when you think, ah St mirren are on form, in control and playing well, we implode as only we can.
That all said, I can't quietly help hoping for a St. mirren blast at Falkirk akin to the Jack Ross inspired blitz a few years ago under Gus. That was some day [emoji1]

I know, i know. Getting carried away, but that's what it's all about - enjoy the highs, endure the lows.????[emoji16]

I know, i know. Getting carried away, but that's what it's all about - enjoy the highs, endure the lows.[emoji849][emoji16]

Nowt wrong with enthusiasm, gawd knows it's been in very short supply around the club the last few years. I'm just shielding myself from the hope, cos I get so used to the sinking crush taking the edge off my Saturday.
Maybe this weekend will be eggstra special.
Here's, erm hoping [emoji86]

Falkirk are the one top four side who are in good form (second only to us over last 10 games :))

Therefore if we somehow contrive to lose on Saturday I will not be too concerned. The Dundee United and Raith game are eminently winnable.

In any case - I think we will get at least a draw and that that will be enough to ensure the league status quo

My prediction is that we will go into the home match against Raith at least 4 points ahead of Ayr and at least 1 point ahead of Raith. We will win and ensure 8th place minimum. 

We will do it playing the exciting / skilful football which has been so satisfying to watch 

Considering where we were in the depths of winter, and the quality that we are getting to watch now, that is reason enough to claim this as one of the best ends to the season in recent years. 

Based on the last 10 league games, St.Mirren are way out in front at the top of the league. By a mile.

I would therefore say that it is highly unlikely that we will lose all 4 of our remaining matches.

However...

Even if we did lose all 4 of our remaining matches then Ayr United would still need to at least win and draw 2 of their remaining 4 matches. I would say that it is more likely that they won't even achieve this than we will lose all 4 of our remaining matches.

Its been mentioned that we have a tough run in and have to play 3 of the top 4 away from home. Well we just played one of the top 4 on their own patch this week and thrashed them!

And the final game of the season is away to a Hibs side with nothing to play for.

There is absolutely no chance that we will be relegated.

I would even go so far as to say that there is more chance of us finishing in the top 6 that being relegated!

Edited by mcdowell76

The league is still very tight at the bottom, so we just need to focus on one game at a time. As said, Raith could get a result tomorrow just as much as we could, which would keep them very much on our tails for another week. 

We are playing some incredible stuff at the moment and I agree with Jack that us playing against teams who would much rather attack than sit deep gives us the upper hand in our style of play. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said that man.

The Board started it by backing the manager in January, (Brave decision). The team that Jack built continued it with the effort which put the fans onside. Right now, win or lose, we are doing it together. The way it should be.

Edited by stlucifer

Looking at the rest of the fixtures for the bottom 4 and projecting points, even being slightly pessimistic;

Utd v St.Mirren - Draw
Morton v Ayr - Draw
QoS v Dumbarton - Draw
Hibs v Raith - Home Win

Ayr v Hibs - Draw
St.Mirren v Raith - Home Win
Dundee Utd v Dumbarton - Home Win

Dumbarton v Falkirk - Home Win
Hibs v St.Mirren - Draw
Raith Rovers v Ayr - Home Win

That would leave us

St.Mirren 40
Raith 39
Dumbarton 39
Ayr 34

The biggest factor in here is that Raith have to play two of the relegation contenders in their last 3 games, so obviously in both cases something has to give.

The Raith game at the 2021 will be our defining moment of the season and will hopefully be the 3 pts that ensures we are safe from the bottom two places before we play Hibs.

5 minutes ago, div said:

Looking at the rest of the fixtures for the bottom 4 and projecting points, even being slightly pessimistic;

Utd v St.Mirren - Draw
Morton v Ayr - Draw
QoS v Dumbarton - Draw
Hibs v Raith - Home Win

Ayr v Hibs - Draw
St.Mirren v Raith - Home Win
Dundee Utd v Dumbarton - Home Win

Dumbarton v Falkirk - Home Win
Hibs v St.Mirren - Draw
Raith Rovers v Ayr - Home Win

That would leave us

St.Mirren 40
Raith 39
Dumbarton 39
Ayr 34

The biggest factor in here is that Raith have to play two of the relegation contenders in their last 3 games, so obviously in both cases something has to give.

The Raith game at the 2021 will be our defining moment of the season and will hopefully be the 3 pts that ensures we are safe from the bottom two places before we play Hibs.

I don't think you're being pessimistic at all..............:rolleyes:

Stick 50p on that lot, you'll be rich.

38 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Depends if they stay in the cup...If they get to the final then that's the carrot that Lennon will dangle.

Doesn't normally work like that. Teams switch off between cup semi and final much of the time. A team having already taken the title will be on autopilot, and most of the team will already be picked.

17 hours ago, Soctty said:

Doesn't normally work like that. Teams switch off between cup semi and final much of the time. A team having already taken the title will be on autopilot, and most of the team will already be picked.

At least we know John McGinn will burst his arse the next two matches to do us and his Bro a favour and then not try a leg in the last game.