St Mirren v Falkirk - 28 January 2017

southsidebud

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Just a thought. I hope someone at the club has a good talk with Young Baird before the game to let him know what to expect as I'm sure that the vile specimen that is Miller will no doubt go out of his way to wind him up throughout the game.

Hopefully our fans will do everything possible to wind Miller up. 

I am really looking forward to this game. I think people will be attending the game with renewed optimism with the cup win at Dens and so many new and positive signings making an instant impact. I think there might be a bit of an atmosphere at St Mirren Park for a change.

Falkirk supporting mate at work was saying they were awful at the weekend and a lot of their fans are calling for the managers head on the Falkirk forum.

St Mirren 3 Falkirk 0

Bring in the bairns!

7 hours ago, TopCat said:

Falkirk have been on a hopeless since they beat us on the 3rd of December, winning just one game in their last seven.

They've lost to Dumbarton and drew at home to Ayr in the last month.

This is a game we really need to be winning.

I reckon its all down to belief now and the fact JR has given himself options................

That's it, we can beat them , as long as the players don't go back into a shell. Score and then go for jugular. Ton toasted them in Cup..........

Really hope that cup result was the tonic

1 hour ago, Hambud said:

This is the first of 12 cup finals.

This team needs to start as it means to go on.

Must win.

Raith last year went on a mad run going from relegation play off to promo play off Jan onwards....................... can be done but one win is crucial to get ball rolling, we have just out played Dundee away.............. boys must take loads from that 

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Raith last year went on a mad run going from relegation play off to promo play off Jan onwards....................... can be done but one win is crucial to get ball rolling, we have just out played Dundee away.............. boys must take loads from that 

No, Raith were 4th at the end of December, 4th at the end of January and 4th when the season ended, albeit by a greater margin.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/st-mirren/2015-2016/table/2015-12-29

The only teams we have a realistic chance of catching are the two p/t teams.

No, Raith were 4th at the end of December, 4th at the end of January and 4th when the season ended, albeit by a greater margin.

The amount of 'alternative facts' that get posted on here is unreal :lol:

It's as if people will just take them as read without checking.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

The amount of 'alternative facts' that get posted on here is unreal :lol:

It's as if people will just take them as read without checking.

I didn't even have to check, I'm a nutter - borderline obsessive! :spud5

The day I can't  remember Saints league campaign from one season back you can put me down.  :death

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Bud I sit corrected. However please blame BBC who said on Sunday that Raith struggled  pre NY last season before fantastic run put them in running. Not like the BBC to lie.

Div- Sin Bin for 3 days for me. Misinformation to fellow Buds is the charge

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

With all the comings and goings, might be a good idea if the club held a "meet the players" event tomorrow morning !!  :huh:

I think they are doing that - it's called 'Breakfast for the first team squad'.

This so-called "bedding in" or "gelling" or the even more horrendous "needs game time (wretch)" process which the football management and pundit fraternity (not JR I hasten to add) love to trot out as though an indisputable fact, whenever a bad result occurs, is yet another red herring designed to make fans think that football is an exact science and one best left to "real football men". Sorry but it wont wash and the sooner fans refuse to accept this hogwash the better. I`m not saying that partnerships are struck up immediately but these are professional footballers who have been playing the game since childhood. They also play bounce games every day before real matches in order to practise. This is even before one takes into account the fact that people are expected to pay good money (too much if you ask me) to indulge this theory. If someone isn't up to playing he should be left out, whether injured, unfit or hopeless.

With this in mind, I expect the new players tomorrow against Falkirk - a team we should NEVER be hesitant to play - to breathe a new life into the team and despatch the opposition in a similar manner to last week. If they do that, it may even tempt some of us temporarily absent fans to return in time for a run to try and secure a play-off place.

I wasn't planning on going tomorrow but with all the transfer activity I will certainly be there.

I'm under no illusion that it could be another shit fest ending in defeat but I feel a new sense of optimism with the new players.

Looking forward to a home game for the first time in a while.