St Mirren v Falkirk - 28 January 2017

southsidebud

The amount of 'alternative facts' that get posted on here is unreal [emoji38]

It's as if people will just take them as read without checking.

Think we will struggle against Falkirk today. You have to remember, Falkirk were playing Primera Liga football the last 3 seasons where they pipped Real Madrid to the title 3 years in a row. They only got moved to the Scottish Championship as Peter Houston was caught in bed with Zidane's wife which is frowned upon by Spanish League beaks.

Primal Scream - Come Together.
Make it happen Phil!

Ross County always seem to have a massive turnaround in personnel in the January transfer windows when things are going badly for them. It always seems to work for them.

Our chances of staying up are still pretty slim but we live in hope. The new keeper seems like he could help massively at the back where i believe we have only kept one clean sheet in the league.

We need to win something like 6 to 8 of our last 12 games depending on how our head to heads go with Ayr and Dumbarton. Ayr and Dumbarton may well pick up results today. :-(

Time is running out. Today we have to beat Falkirk whatever it takes and I have feeling we will with goals from Loy and Sutton. 2-0 to the buds.

Turn up early, in good voice and back the buds from the stand like you have never done at St Mirren Park before. The club and the players need us more than they they ever have.

#backthebuds

Momentum is key for us - we must build on the positivity that is around the club just now and get points on the board.

Fans can do their bit so let's get right behind the team today. I've said it before but here's hoping it happens today, "let's f#cken do this mob" ! 

COYS !

Totally up for this.

The wee man and I are totally buzzing about all the positive moves regarding the incoming players. Will they all work out? Probably not. But JR as made his move and its a bold one; hopefully fortune favours the bold.

Win both games against both Ayr and Dumbarton and we have one point and two points (with game in hand) respectively to make up.

All to play for.

COME ON YE (REAL) NEW SAINTS!!!

19 hours ago, Froggie said:

This so-called "bedding in" or "gelling" or the even more horrendous "needs game time (wretch)" process which the football management and pundit fraternity (not JR I hasten to add) love to trot out as though an indisputable fact, whenever a bad result occurs, is yet another red herring designed to make fans think that football is an exact science and one best left to "real football men". Sorry but it wont wash and the sooner fans refuse to accept this hogwash the better. I`m not saying that partnerships are struck up immediately but these are professional footballers who have been playing the game since childhood. They also play bounce games every day before real matches in order to practise. This is even before one takes into account the fact that people are expected to pay good money (too much if you ask me) to indulge this theory. If someone isn't up to playing he should be left out, whether injured, unfit or hopeless.

With this in mind, I expect the new players tomorrow against Falkirk - a team we should NEVER be hesitant to play - to breathe a new life into the team and despatch the opposition in a similar manner to last week. If they do that, it may even tempt some of us temporarily absent fans to return in time for a run to try and secure a play-off place.

While I agree with a lot of that, I think it's more to do with training methods, formations and management tactics when they talk about the bedding in process. I would expect most of them to be up to speed physically and mentally with Ross & co. animated on the touchline in an effort to keep the shape on the field.

No matter what I think there is a lot more interest in this game than would have been the case just over a week ago. Hopefully culminating in a large, vocal support today.

Edited by stlucifer

11 hours ago, TopCat said:

Got the fear cause I think we will win tomorrow. Last time I thought we would win was that QOTS game where we got pumped three nil...

Probably be 1-1, probably be loads of ' keep playing like that and we'll be fine ' type chat after it...

Yep TC so have I ,an early goal will settle us all down I hope 

Two changes from last week. Smith for McAllister as expected and Loy for Magennis.

Kyle can feel very hard done to there, he played well last week. Also that means a change in formation and a body out of midfield and into attack.

Quite a gamble to tinker with the team that gave us our best result and performance of the season. Let's hope it pays off.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Two changes from last week. Smith for McAllister as expected and Loy for Magennis.

Kyle can feel very hard done to there, he played well last week. Also that means a change in formation and a body out of midfield and into attack.

Quite a gamble to tinker with the team that gave us our best result and performance of the season. Let's hope it pays off.

Good to see you're getting ready to have a go at the manager before we kick a ball.