St Mirren v Falkirk - 28 January 2017

southsidebud

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

I thought supporter support their team not slate it almost every week.

He doesn't shut about jack Ross and is not jacks fault we are where we are.

Jack will get judged next year when it's completely his team.

Working with our budget and getting the changes in personal hes don't so far has been great IMO if we don't stay up it won't of been because of him

Here's Jack's league record as St Mirren manager: Played 14, Won 2, Drawn 3, Lost 9.

For all that people have said he inherited a shambles of a squad some of the guys going out the door have gone to Derby County, Ross County, Hibs, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Dumbarton... clubs all currently miles ahead of St Mirren FC. When Jack Ross took over we are 2 points behind 9th place... in 4 months at the helm most of the league (including part time teams) have disappeared over the horizon to safety.

10 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I thought supporter support their team not slate it almost every week.

He doesn't shut about jack Ross and is not jacks fault we are where we are.

Jack will get judged next year when it's completely his team.

Working with our budget and getting the changes in personal hes don't so far has been great IMO if we don't stay up it won't of been because of him

Sorry, Jack will get judged on the shite that was churned out today.

It was fecking disgraceful by him and Fowler.

TC's posted his genuine thoughts and that is allowed on a St Mirren Public Forum.

We are all supporters of this Club and when it comes to a Saturday at 3pm we are dying for them to win.

Sorry, Jack will get judged on the shite that was churned out today.
It was fecking disgraceful by him and Fowler.
TC's posted his genuine thoughts and that is allowed on a St Mirren Public Forum.
We are all supporters of this Club and when it comes to a Saturday at 3pm we are dying for them to win.

Ok let's change manager every week till someone comes in waves their magic wand.

And if you reply with the pish I don't want jack Ross sacked then please shut the f**k kindly

6 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Ok let's change manager every week till someone comes in waves their magic wand.

And if you reply with the pish I don't want jack Ross sacked then please shut the f**k kindly

At least you are kindly.

SACK JACK, GO GET GUS  good thread title  :D

Edited by The Shull

Pathetic performance from the team. Not impressed with the GK at all- all this fish nonsense is embarrassing. McGinn did well. Won't be going back for the for the foreseeable future. 

No passion, fight or imagination from this St.Mirren team.

Craig, Murray, Rae & Ross: No wonder the club is in a mess.

Topcat I wish too there were managers out there with magic wands to sort out a mess of a team but sadly there isn't. Having constant blame on jack Ross is ridiculous

He's been here for nearly 5 months now, I'm not asking for a magic wand. I was expecting us to be better off than 7 points adrift at the bottom of the league though. Think that's asking too much?

If anyone had have predicted this situation on the day he was appointed they would have been ran out of town for being too negative. And rightly so, that would have been far too negative a prediction. No one could have possibly foreseen us being this bad.

He's been chopping and changing systems, formations and teams in his whole time here. He finally found a winning formula at Dundee last week. For the first time in his tenure we won a game against a team from the top two leagues comfortably and deservedly.

Then he goes and changes the shape of the team! You have to laugh or you'd cry, you couldn't make that up.

I know we can still stay up. The reality check would be for anyone who thinks we can't. We may be unlikely to, but the fact remains, we can. 

#pedant

Of course we could stay up. We could also win every single game between now and May. That would mean that not only would we stay up, we would also win the challenge cup, the Scottish cup and get promoted via the playoffs. #Believe #Pedant

Things being possible and realistic are very different things. Us playing in the championship next season is very possible, but it's looking less and realistic every week.

There's no fight in us. We don't look like Winning at home. I see a team that can't cope with playing at home and having to take the game to the opposition. At Falkirk in Dec we were great until Baird got sent off but today we were beaten by the better team. It really should have been more. 

I noticed last week we played football.  The premier is better quality and you can play.  The championship is a shitfest of kick.and rush footy. Low quality and we don't have the fight nor the ability to win games. 2 wins in 22 league games suggests we deserve to drop 

Edited by norrie82

8 hours ago, Tam M said:

Don't understand why we changed from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2. Lost the midfield by doing that.

Ideally I'd like to see a midfield of Morgan, McGinn, Storie, Macgennis, Smith.

Whatever is on the table for Mallan take it.

Play some proper f'king full backs. Hopefully McKenzie's injury isn't too bad.

I'm sure McKenzie will be fine. He's developing a habit of being subbed off with an injury but being fine for the next game. I'm starting to think, decent player that he his, his heart's not in it.

Edited by ScotstounSaint

is it that bad right now? 

yeah maybe 3 games to go and 10 pts behind,,,,then doom and gloom

but its actually exciting now...lets embrace it..lets love it...

as Saints fans we are at the lowest of the low....we have never been here before

its different..and we dont like it...but lets just ...TRUST and HOPE

f**k Ross and his new signings....it doesnt matter....as long as we as fans are still in this division...and maybe next year Mr Ross will take us up ( i firmly believe that cos jim goodwin said it)

i believe Jim...lets all believe together 

9 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

We all understand our terrible position sacking a manager every other month has to stop. Jack Ross is here for another three and a half years so the knicker wetters better get used to it. My own point of view ? Jack is building something quite good. There is still work to be done on the defence we need a strong CB.   I would also make McGinn captain clearly an improved mature player who genuinely has a feel for the club going by his interview on St Mirren TV. Have said since November best we can hope for is a play off double header cup final. Still believe if we can make the play off we will survive. That's as good as it will get in the league. 

We all understand our terrible position sacking a manager every other month has to stop. Jack Ross is here for another three and a half years so the knicker wetters better get used to it. My own point of view ? Jack is building something quite good. There is still work to be done on the defence we need a strong CB.   I would also make McGinn captain clearly an improved mature player who genuinely has a feel for the club going by his interview on St Mirren TV. Have said since November best we can hope for is a play off double header cup final. Still believe if we can make the play off we will survive. That's as good as it will get in the league. 

Knicker wetters? Again typical from you nobody is allowed an opinion that's different from you, we all want JR succeed but we are in a worst position than we were when AR left. We need to win our next 2 games if we don't IMO we are finished. Should Ross keep his job if we go down? That's debatable.

Agree with everything here except the Sutton part. 
I genuinely thought it was one of his worst performances in the stripes and would drop him for next week. 

He's asked to do a lot of unnecessary work, is back for every corner, show up both lines for every through. However I do think that Loy is wasted playing deep to accommodate Sutton. Loy and Smith might be a better partnership and Sutton could be a good impact player from the subs bench

22 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Knicker wetters? Again typical from you nobody is allowed an opinion that's different from you, we all want JR succeed but we are in a worst position than we were when AR left. We need to win our next 2 games if we don't IMO we are finished. Should Ross keep his job if we go down? That's debatable.

L- XL  - XXL - XXXL Pampers available 15% off for season ticket holders from Asda. Sainsbury's have 25% off all soft toilet rolls available for everyone. Sorry could not find any deals on extra large hanky's. If you feel suicidal please talk to an expert on 0658-842100. This line is available 24/7 for the knicker wetter brigade.  

L- XL  - XXL - XXXL Pampers available 15% off for season ticket holders from Asda. Sainsbury's have 25% off all soft toilet rolls available for everyone. Sorry could not find any deals on extra large hanky's. If you feel suicidal please talk to an expert on 0658-842100. This line is available 24/7 for the knicker wetter brigade.  

[emoji6]

My team would be

Fish
Todd Fjelde Baird Demetriou

Storie
McGennis McGinn Morgan

Smith

Loy

bit of a leap of faith with the full backs but impressed with energy and pace with Todd when he came on and looked an impressive unit. Secondly, Demetriou wouldn't have been signed if he couldn't slot in at left back and he simply cannot be worse than Gary "cut inside, backpass, fall over" Irvine.
In my opinion, Smith showed excellent promise, particularly in first half. I see him clearly as a number 10. I could see him and Loy linking up very well and providing some dynamism up front, something we are lacking. Smith also has ability to get in front of Loy with that pace and stretching defences.

I'm trying to humour you mate don't take it too seriously. I'm hurting also. 

I know you were bud, it's bloody hard but like you I'm there forever. Hey we are all entitled to our own opinions, it's healthy & gets our frustrations out. I'll be there next week for more, family up from Leicester, taking them, poor souls [emoji23][emoji23]

My team would be

Fish
Todd Fjelde Baird Demetriou

Storie
McGennis McGinn Morgan

Smith

Loy

bit of a leap of faith with the full backs but impressed with energy and pace with Todd when he came on and looked an impressive unit. Secondly, Demetriou wouldn't have been signed if he couldn't slot in at left back and he simply cannot be worse than Gary "cut inside, backpass, fall over" Irvine.
In my opinion, Smith showed excellent promise, particularly in first half. I see him clearly as a number 10. I could see him and Loy linking up very well and providing some dynamism up front, something we are lacking. Smith also has ability to get in front of Loy with that pace and stretching defences.

McGinn would be captain.

8 hours ago, ScotstounSaint said:

I'm sure McKenzie will be fine. He's developing a habit of being subbed off with an injury but being fine for the next game. I'm starting to think, decent player that he his, his heart's not in it.

This is the kind of shite that really annoys me on this forum. It was clear for anyone who was at the game that he had a hamstring injury. Such is his importance to the team he actually went back on. He has also been our best player week in week out. Watch him win EVERY header and the way he attacks the ball and tell me his heart is not in it.

Utter nonsense, like the vast majority of posts on this forum!!