St Mirren v Falkirk - 28 January 2017

southsidebud

Full time 1-2

Yet another disastrous day at the office for us with us losing and Dumbarton winning. McKenzie picked up another injury too. Quite literally couldn't have gone much worse.

Yet another false dawn. How many times has ' our season starts here ' been said after a cup win and ended in a league defeat the following week? Far too many.

The reality is we are all but down and have been for weeks.

Ross deserved credit last week and he got it. He deserves criticism today. He really messed up with his team and tactics. You don't unnecessarily change a winning team and winning formation... he did. He dropped Magennis for Loy and went from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 and it just didn't work.

This is his team and the loss today was his fault. Absolutely disgraceful.

Your a great supporter [emoji106]

This wasn't a good Falkirk team either. They've won 3 of their last 8 games, and 2 of them were against us.

Was a real chance for us to close the gap on Dumbarton today. Not only could we not close it, we couldn't even keep it the same.

Running out of games.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Personal abuse started early tonight.

Enjoy your evening bud.

I said either one or the other!

You seem to be constantly covering up for your backing of sacking Danny Lennon and backing Tommy Craig.  We are all perfectly aware its a poor result, I really dont get why you need to feel like you are delivering this news to us.

We need a bit of positivity about the place to battle on through the winter.  We've been in plenty relegation battles and got out of them.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

This wasn't a good Falkirk team either. They've won 3 of their last 8 games, and 2 of them were against us.

Jesus, the oracle speaks once again.

It's a St Mirren supporters forum mate, we are perfectly aware of Falkirk's form.

For all the officials had a shocker, we were pretty poor. We didn't recover from the first goal and I can only remember a couple of Rogers saves from Smith before our goal. After that we didn't really push for an equaliser until stoppage time. 

No complaints from me about the result, just the refereeing.

Messing up when there is increased hope, optimism and expectation is what St Mirren do, regardless of league, cup and form.

I said either one or the other!
You seem to be constantly covering up for your backing of sacking Danny Lennon and backing Tommy Craig.  We are all perfectly aware its a poor result, I really dont get why you need to feel like you are delivering this news to us.
We need a bit of positivity about the place to battle on through the winter.  We've been in plenty relegation battles and got out of them.

Covering what up? Everything I posted about them is still there if you want to read it, and I stand by it all.

Back to thought police rhetoric. ' if your opinion is not a positive one don't post it'

Sadly for you I'm going to continue to say what I think on this forum every week, as I have been doing for years. If you don't like my opinion don't think that I should be allowed to express it, stick me on ignore. Cheers.

lot of effort and bluster but lacking in Substance. same old problems in defence. McKenzie can't stay fit Irvine is not a left back. and IMO Baird just not good enough. Mallan was dreadful today. Smith started well and faded. Morgan played out of position. Sutton never held the ball up well enough. Storie kept giving the ball away. Loy done well on the scraps he was giving. But thought we done better when McGinn came on. Which I think cos of him we will see a lot less of Mallan. Fjelde done well playing right back. But suppose we can't expect 8 new player to come In and gel right away. problem is were running out of games.

TBH, there was a ridiculous amount of false optimism kicking about this week based on the number of players on the move.

Bulk signing of players disnae mean we've got a better team on the park.

Down to earth with a bump.

Yeah. desperate optimism. But that's where we are now. I still cannot quite believe the shit we are in !! I think there's a collective denial and disbelief at our plight. If you want to be sober tonight take a look at the clubs in the " third division "ffs [emoji23]

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Two changes from last week. Smith for McAllister as expected and Loy for Magennis.

Kyle can feel very hard done to there, he played well last week. Also that means a change in formation and a body out of midfield and into attack.

Quite a gamble to tinker with the team that gave us our best result and performance of the season. Let's hope it pays off.

Am with TC on this one,, all our better performances have been since young Kyle Magennis was introduced to the team,, a fit Kyle would be the first name on my team sheet, the lad gives the team a much better balance, best prospect we have in my eyes, including the one that's just left,

Another soul destroying experience at St Mirren Park. I want to remain positive but it is getting harder after every set back in the league. Based on league performances we look like a side destined for bottom spot. McGinn looked a class above everyone else on the pitch when he came on but Dumbarton and Ayr are picking up results while we just get beat every week. It doesn't look good. :-(

Why did I buy tickets for the Dumbarton game this morning? Aaaaaaarghhh!

13 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Covering what up? Everything I posted about them is still there if you want to read it, and I stand by it all.

Back to thought police rhetoric. ' if your opinion is not a positive one don't post it'

Sadly for you I'm going to continue to say what I think on this forum every week, as I have been doing for years. If you don't like my opinion don't think that I should be allowed to express it, stick me on ignore. Cheers.

I'll give your offer due consideration.

On a more constructive post you made, Magennis should certainly be back in the team next week.

If anyone expected an instant turnaround with the new boys in terms of results they are deluded.  There was a lot of very positive play today, JR is showing he is the type of manager we need, and players like Loy, McGinn and Smith are the type of players that will do some considerable damage against our relegation rivals.