The Run In - Championship 2016/2017

The league fixtures for the run in are shown below. 

For what it is worth (not a lot), I feel we can get 21 - 25 points.

6 Wins, 7 Draws, 2 Losses

Self evident that key games will be V Dumbarton and Ayr United.

28-Jan-2017 Falkirk Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt
04-Feb-2017 Dumbarton Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pts
18-Feb-2017 Dundee United Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt
25-Feb-2017 Ayr United Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pts
01-Mar-2017 Hibernian Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 7:45pm - 1 pt
04-Mar-2017 Raith Rovers Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt
11-Mar-2017 Dunfermline Athletic Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pts
18-Mar-2017 Queen of the South Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 0 pt
25-Mar-2017 Morton Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt
01-Apr-2017 Ayr United Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pts
08-Apr-2017 Dumbarton Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pts
15-Apr-2017 Falkirk Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt
22-Apr-2017 Dundee United Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 0 pt 
29-Apr-2017 Raith Rovers Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pt
06-May-2017 Hibernian Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The league fixtures for the run in are shown below. 

For what it is worth (not a lot), I feel we can get 21 - 25 points.

6 Wins, 7 Draws, 2 Losses

Self evident that key games will be V Dumbarton and Ayr United.

28-Jan-2017 Falkirk Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt
04-Feb-2017 Dumbarton Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pts
18-Feb-2017 Dundee United Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt
25-Feb-2017 Ayr United Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pts
01-Mar-2017 Hibernian Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 7:45pm - 1 pt
04-Mar-2017 Raith Rovers Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt
11-Mar-2017 Dunfermline Athletic Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pts
18-Mar-2017 Queen of the South Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 0 pt
25-Mar-2017 Morton Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt
01-Apr-2017 Ayr United Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pts
08-Apr-2017 Dumbarton Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pts
15-Apr-2017 Falkirk Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt
22-Apr-2017 Dundee United Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 0 pt 
29-Apr-2017 Raith Rovers Home   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 3 pt
06-May-2017 Hibernian Away   Ladbrokes Championship Kick-off: 3:00pm - 1 pt

We will be relegated by Raith on the second last match of the Season.

How ironic would that be ?

Unfortunately, we are a shower of shite.

I think St. Ricky's prediction of 25 points is overly optimistic and Shull's prediction of relegation by Raith Rovers is overly pessimistic. The truth lies somewhere between the two and I believe we can stay up if we take it one game at a time and get behind Jack Ross and the team. The teams we are competing with for survival (Ayr, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, QoS) are not that much better than us in terms of their squads and the players we have brought in this month give some cause for hope. Let's get right behind Jack Ross and the team and see what happens.

Please be gentle with me. First post on the forum though I've been reading the posts for some time and a Buddies fan since the 1959 Cup Final.

8 minutes ago, pondsman said:

I think St. Ricky's prediction of 25 points is overly optimistic and Shull's prediction of relegation by Raith Rovers is overly pessimistic. The truth lies somewhere between the two and I believe we can stay up if we take it one game at a time and get behind Jack Ross and the team. The teams we are competing with for survival (Ayr, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, QoS) are not that much better than us in terms of their squads and the players we have brought in this month give some cause for hope. Let's get right behind Jack Ross and the team and see what happens.

Please be gentle with me. First post on the forum though I've been reading the posts for some time and a Buddies fan since the 1959 Cup Final.

Welcome aboard Pondsman, am a knew guy too.. believe I was at the cross in 59 age 2.. so we became buddies the same day lol,, Good post mate joined too because there was to much doom and gloom on here from the same culprits week in week out, as fans we have a role to play just like the team and coaching staff,, together we can make this happen,, lets here yous and see yous saints fans COYS

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

Is it just a coincidence that those two new posters above have joined since a certain poster got put in the wank tank?

Yup - just a coincidence.

I'm puzzled as to why being relegated after the Raith game would be ironic - it seems a fairly plausible scenario to me. Is it something to do with Raith or is it because it's the season's penultimate game?

Maybe shull just doesn't understand the meaning of irony - it's somewhere between manganeesy and cobalty.

Those final four fixtures really make your eyes water. Could hardly have hand picked a more difficult end to the season.

Since we are making outlandish predictions, I will go for us finishing on 25 points. 9 defeats, 3 draws and 3 wins in our final 15 games. This would represent a significant improvement in form I must add.

Wouldn't be enough to keep us up though. For relegation day I will plump for Tannadice on the 22nd.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Those final four fixtures really make your eyes water. Could hardly have hand picked a more difficult end to the season.

Since we are making outlandish predictions, I will go for us finishing on 25 points. 9 defeats, 3 draws and 3 wins in our final 15 games. This would represent a significant improvement in form I must add.

Wouldn't be enough to keep us up though. For relegation day I will plump for Tannadice on the 22nd.

That day can't come quick enough for you , can it ? 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

That day can't come quick enough for you , can it ? 

I think you will find that Top Cat is a St Mirren Supporter and he will take no pleasure in seeing our Club relegated.

His opinion is allowed in a St Mirren Forum.

1 minute ago, shull said:

I think you will find that Top Cat is a St Mirren Supporter and he will take no pleasure in seeing our Club relegated.

His opinion is allowed in a St Mirren Forum.

As is mine . As far as I can see , he spends most of time on here slating Jack Ross . 

Not very supportive if you ask me . 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, TopCat said:

No matter what happens now, we will be bottom on the 1st of March.

That means we will have been bottom for all of September, October, November, December, January and February.

Remarkably consistent if nothing else.

How dare you, Jack is doing a cracking job. Join the 'Ross Revolution ' thats what I say!