The Run In - Championship 2016/2017

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes but we beat Hibs and Dundee Utd.

We have a game in hand and they have to come to our ground.

I would say they will be shitting themselves.

Perhaps but they're 6 points ahead sitting on 33 points. According to you 36 point gets you safe. We're 9 points away from that. 

I can't see Raith losing all 6 games. Our best chance is Dumbarton and Ayr, however we really need to beat them both. 

We aren't exactly in the box seat, we're in good form going into two very difficult games. Then we face another 5 nail biting games. Raith might be shitting themselves, but so are we.

So looking at the run in and being honest, how many points do we realistically think the bottom clubs will have at the end of the season?
Dumbarton will get 4 more points - 35 points.
Raith - 3 more - 36 points.
Ayr - 5 more - 36 points.
Saints - think we will beat Ayr, Dumbarton and Raith plus at least 1 point from Hibs, Dundee Utd and Falkirk. Reckon we will win one of those. Total 39 points.
We will be right behind QOS and Dunfermline IMO both of whom will hit 40.

There is a worry that people keep thinking we will win all our remaining home games, myself included to a certain extent, but clichéd as it sounds we should just be concentrating on one game at a time.

Everyone keeps saying it but there will be plenty more twists and turns in the coming weeks as no one can say with great certainty who is going to finish in the bottom two. It could strangely end up that Raith and Dumbarton get leapfrogged by Ayr and ourselves.

Bottom line is we have to beat Ayr on Saturday and ramp up the pressure on them, Raith and Dumbarton.

It really is going to be some end to the season for ourselves and a few clubs at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

There is a worry that people keep thinking we will win all our remaining home games, myself included to a certain extent, but clichéd as it sounds we should just be concentrating on one game at a time.

Everyone keeps saying it but there will be plenty more twists and turns in the coming weeks as no one can say with great certainty who is going to finish in the bottom two. It could strangely end up that Raith and Dumbarton get leapfrogged by Ayr and ourselves.

Bottom line is we have to beat Ayr on Saturday and ramp up the pressure on them, Raith and Dumbarton.

It really is going to be some end to the season for ourselves and a few clubs at the bottom.

As others have said, if we can't beat Ayr, Dumbarton and Raith at home then frankly we don't deserve to stay up.

11 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

You could always get a Taxi to the Club. .

But that's not a lot of chocolate on his tighties.

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I am enjoying this period of resurgence, and it does deliver some excitement. The kind of excitement that sees underpants soiled, and Greenock Morton fighting for a playoff spot of an entirely different kind from the one we are fighting for.

This is far from something we should be telling our grandkids about... like Stephane Bahoken, can we just get it over with and move on...

Generation Biscuit... I'm wafer a lie down. :P

Me? I'm betwix and between as far as how I feel about this period in the season

This has so far been a fantastic run in.who would want to be sitting boring mid table.when all the excitement is going on in Paisley. Looking forward to Saturday. And what an end to the season this has become. Never had this much relegation excitement since Hugh Murray scored that volley at Stirling.

Were you asleep for all those years we were in the SPL? [emoji6]

23 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I maintain I will make mad passionate love with Kylie Minogue, while she's wearing her Commonwealth Games closing ceremony dress, before the end of 2017.

Now, beat that.

Edit: It's going to happen. Bookmark this. :wub:

kylie.jpg

Enjoy the Ride Bud

8 hours ago, Paisley brazilians said:

This has so far been a fantastic run in.who would want to be sitting boring mid table.when all the excitement is going on in Paisley. Looking forward to Saturday. And what an end to the season this has become. Never had this much relegation excitement since Hugh Murray scored that volley at Stirling.

If we end up in the play-offs there may be a few wishing for boring mid-table. On the plus side sales of incontinence pants, adult sized nappies and heart defibrillators will go through the roof in Renfrewshire in May.

Raith's run-in:

(A) Falkirk

(A) Dunfermline

(H) Morton

(A) Hibs

(A) Us

(H) Ayr Utd

4 games out of 6 away from home and they have the worst away record in the league.

Away to Ayr last day of the season. Ayr's home form must be as bad as Raith's form away. Somethings got to give.

What is the rest of Ayr's run?

A) st mirren

??????

A) raith

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 10:14 PM, faraway saint said:

14points from the last 8 league games.

Much better and seriously puts pressure on the teams, especially Ayr, above us.

Ricky predicted 13, pretty damn reasonable to be honest, albeit in a roundabout way.

7 games to go.

UPDATED 19/3/17

Tend to agree. COYS

It's not likely but we could still finish in 5th or 6th place. I would bite your hand of for 3rd bottom and take second bottom but then again...the team and it is now a team...have been performing well. Tiring in the second half of some games though gives me pause for thought. COYS

Desperate throw of the dice. What is this lad, 18? Played with Stranraer. Nah, nothing to see here, folks.

Was he not training with us in January? Stick in to score next week then! At least Garry Fleming is suspended.

I take it us already having four loan players meant going down the emergency loan route was never an option?