The Run In - Championship 2016/2017

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Blah blah blah

I don't care what Ayr do don't do as long as they lose Saturday. We don't need favours just victories!!!

Correct

If we go on a run which we are capable of now it will be in our own hands

I expect Ayr to go on another bad run

They are a poor team and not the only one either

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

We were always chasing a moving target (as I've also said before), without the great run we'd be relegated already!

Yes but it's still the case that most people would have expected 14 points from 7 games enough to overtake at least one of the bottom 2. You never suggested otherwise as I'm pretty sure you, like most, didn't expect such a return from us.

51 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Yes but it's still the case that most people would have expected 14 points from 7 games enough to overtake at least one of the bottom 2. You never suggested otherwise as I'm pretty sure you, like most, didn't expect such a return from us.

Ayr and Dumbarton have both shown great spirit and the capacity to get unexpected results thru' the course of the season and have been fairly consistent at or around aa point a game for most of the season - I never expected either of them just to give up meekly. If we were going to stay up I always clearly anticipated these two games being vital.

Your correct about not expecting much from JR, it's a measurement of how poor we were up till mid-February that we managed to get so detached from the pack in such a mediocre division - I don't think he's free of blame for the situation. He's yet to achieve anything of substance, a couple of glorious cup defeats and still no ground made up on our plucky p/t rivals after 20 games. I hope we pull off The Great Escape over the next seven games but even if we do it'll be no great achievement in what, I repeat, is a mediocre division.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Ayr and Dumbarton have both shown great spirit and the capacity to get unexpected results thru' the course of the season and have been fairly consistent at or around aa point a game for most of the season - I never expected either of them just to give up meekly. If we were going to stay up I always clearly anticipated these two games being vital.

Your correct about not expecting much from JR, it's a measurement of how poor we were up till mid-February that we managed to get so detached from the pack in such a mediocre division - I don't think he's free of blame for the situation. He's yet to achieve anything of substance, a couple of glorious cup defeats and still no ground made up on our plucky p/t rivals after 20 games. I hope we pull off The Great Escape over the next seven games but even if we do it'll be no great achievement in what, I repeat, is a mediocre division.

Aye, all well and good but how many games have you been to, ya trumpet. :lol:

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Which shows how REALLY bad we were and what a massive repair job JR had on his hands

Its weird but I am actually really enjoying the excitement of all this.

Large crowds, fantastic support, team playing its heart out every minute of every game.

Goals, wins, disappointments, cup final.

This is sport at its finest.

This is a story we will be able to tell our grandkids.

11 minutes ago, div said:

I'm telling you, Raith are in real trouble. We will definitely catch them, and we're going to catch Dumbarton and Ayr too.

Hmm, would love to believe you. However their recent home record is impressive with draws to Hearts and Hibs and victories over us and Dundee Utd. Not really the form of a team in real trouble. 

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Its weird but I am actually really enjoying the excitement of all this.

Large crowds, fantastic support, team playing its heart out every minute of every game.

Goals, wins, disappointments, cup final.

This is sport at its finest.

This is a story we will be able to tell our grandkids.

If I had grandkids I'd tell them about Fergie's Furies, winning the Scottish Cup and the League Cup. Fcuked if I'd tell them about the time we scrapped to avoid dropping into the third tier of Scottish football for the first time in our history. Personally, no matter how it ends, I want to slam the door shut on this season and consign it to the segment of my brain that contains the 2010 League Cup Final and Hammarby.

3 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Hmm, would love to believe you. However their recent home record is impressive with draws to Hearts and Hibs and victories over us and Dundee Utd. Not really the form of a team in real trouble. 

Yes but we beat Hibs and Dundee Utd.

We have a game in hand and they have to come to our ground.

I would say they will be shitting themselves.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

If I had grandkids I'd tell them about Fergie's Furies, winning the Scottish Cup and the League Cup. Fcuked if I'd tell them about the time we scrapped to avoid dropping into the third tier of Scottish football for the first time in our history. Personally, no matter how it ends, I want to slam the door shut on this season and consign it to the segment of my brain that contains the 2010 League Cup Final and Hammarby.

Honestly I cannot understand why you are not enjoying things right now.

Plenty of time to consign this season to the bin when its over. Right now this is sport at its best.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly I cannot understand why you are not enjoying things right now.

Plenty of time to consign this season to the bin when its over. Right now this is sport at its best.

I am enjoying this period of resurgence, and it does deliver some excitement. The kind of excitement that sees underpants soiled, and Greenock Morton fighting for a playoff spot of an entirely different kind from the one we are fighting for.

This is far from something we should be telling our grandkids about... like Stephane Bahoken, can we just get it over with and move on...

Generation Biscuit... I'm wafer a lie down. :P

Edited by pozbaird

So looking at the run in and being honest, how many points do we realistically think the bottom clubs will have at the end of the season?

Dumbarton will get 4 more points - 35 points.

Raith - 3 more - 36 points.

Ayr - 5 more - 36 points.

Saints - think we will beat Ayr, Dumbarton and Raith plus at least 1 point from Hibs, Dundee Utd and Falkirk. Reckon we will win one of those. Total 39 points.

We will be right behind QOS and Dunfermline IMO both of whom will hit 40.

Just now, oaksoft said:

So looking at the run in and being honest, how many points do we realistically think the bottom clubs will have at the end of the season?

Dumbarton will get 4 more points - 35 points.

Raith - 3 more - 36 points.

Ayr - 5 more - 36 points.

Saints - think we will beat Ayr, Dumbarton and Raith plus at least 1 point from Hibs, Dundee Utd and Falkirk. Reckon we will win one of those. Total 39 points.

We will be right behind QOS and Dunfermline IMO both of whom will hit 40.

Auntie - Baws - Uncle. :)

14 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Their away form is dismal though and 5 of their last 7 matches are away.