Mallan to Barnsley???

st jock

Would have no problem moving one of the yougnsters on, providing;

1) we get a fair price for them

2) we don't leave it until the last possible minute to sell

So, completely unlike the Kenny McLean deal for example.

The John McGinn one was slightly different. Although the board got hammered at the time for that, the fact we have a 33% sell on clause on him could yet prove to be the greatest legacy the outgoing board left behind.

3 minutes ago, div said:

Would have no problem moving one of the yougnsters on, providing;

1) we get a fair price for them

2) we don't leave it until the last possible minute to sell

So, completely unlike the Kenny McLean deal for example.

The John McGinn one was slightly different. Although the board got hammered at the time for that, the fact we have a 33% sell on clause on him could yet prove to be the greatest legacy the outgoing board left behind.

Aye, McGinn has to worth serious money. I imagine we could be looking at the best part of a million quid coming our way from any sale in due course.

Even when just back from a lay-off, he came on against Dundee United recently and was outstanding. £2.5M doesn't seem unrealistic.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Aye, McGinn has to worth serious money. I imagine we could be looking at the best part of a million quid coming our way from any sale in due course.

Even when just back from a lay-off, he came on against Dundee United recently and was outstanding. £2.5M doesn't seem unrealistic.

Best chance is if English clubs take an interest. Up here, only Celtic could afford what Hibs would want.

Just now, Soctty said:

Best chance is if English clubs take an interest. Up here, only Celtic could afford what Hibs would want.

Aye, absolutely. Celtic wouldn't pay that kind of money for a Scottish based player,so it will be down to English clubs with daft money.

Just now, Drew said:

Aye, absolutely. Celtic wouldn't pay that kind of money for a Scottish based player,so it will be down to English clubs with daft money.

Well they paid a fair whack for Armstrong, so who knows? More chance of English clubs paying silly money though as you say.

John McGinn is definitely worth a fair bit, but unfortunately he's playing in the second tier in Scotland, which won't encourage any club to splash out big money for him. My guess is he'll be at Hibs at least another season. I suppose if Barnsley are interested in Mallan, then there's a chance, but I think they'll be looking for a bargain to be honest.

3 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

If we got 500K for him and a % of any future sell on fees then I'd be happy for him to go, as long as it was done it time for us to use the money to strengthen the team. Whether that figure is realistic or not I don't know.

Sadly, we'll be lucky to get £150K for him.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We don't want another Kenny McLean last day of the window scenario.

You know who to thank for that shambolic bit of business. Gentlemen's agreement, my arse!<_<

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

May be bollocks but I heard about this a couple of weeks ago but was told he would be lent back to us for the rest of the season.

Aye, that's what I'd posted about and hoped for as the best case scenario with McAllister also. That would be a bit of a win/win assuming the fee was reasonable.