Sell On Clauses

Drew

2 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Maybe I`m wrong here but I had been under the impression that McGinn had more or less been freed by Saints following a woeful last season and some kind of bust up and injury, much like when McGowan left ?

It seems rather pathetic that given our more pressing problems some fans are holding up a begging bowl in the hope some alms are forthcoming from the transfer of another teams player.

He wasn't freed, he was out of contract and turned down a contract offer. We have a 33% share of any future fee over £100k.

If you think it pathetic that we're discussing it, you aren't forced to take part in this particular topic.

:D

5 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Closest you'd get would be 33% of additional clauses such as caps or appearance, dependant upon how our 33% clause is worded I suppose.

I've no idea what you mean. We get 33% of the a future fee over £100k when he leaves Hibs. We won't have 33% of anything once he leaves Hibs - we don't own 33% of the player...

:huh:

Maybe I`m wrong here but I had been under the impression that McGinn had more or less been freed by Saints following a woeful last season and some kind of bust up and injury, much like when McGowan left ?
It seems rather pathetic that given our more pressing problems some fans are holding up a begging bowl in the hope some alms are forthcoming from the transfer of another teams player.

So should we just tell Hibs to forget it and keep the money then!?

The desire to see just about everything to do with St Mirren as a negative is incredible.

20 hours ago, Edinbuddie said:

So should we just tell Hibs to forget it and keep the money then!?

The desire to see just about everything to do with St Mirren as a negative is incredible.

I was obviously wrong in my initial thought about McGinn, so maybe there is some merit in receiving money from sell on.

Please remind me of anything positive about Saints at present, even one thing.

16 minutes ago, Froggie said:

I was obviously wrong in my initial thought about McGinn, so maybe there is some merit in receiving money from sell on.

We've got a scottish cup tie with Dundee on Saturday which the club are kindly subsidising the travel . I'd say that's a positive thing .

15 minutes ago, Froggie said:

I generally try to be a positive person, and look on the bright side on all aspects of life. Of course, it's much harder sometimes than at others. This season has been pretty much another disaster, we're all waiting for the slide to stop and I've hated watching most of the games as much as anyone, but I still wouldn't swap being a St Mirren fan. I could write a list of things that I'm feeling pretty positive about with regards to the club (squad changes, the opportunities of fan ownership, the fact that we're still pretty much within touching distance of other teams after so many dire results), but I doubt you would agree with these being presented as positives?

It's fair enough tbh, some folk on here have a natural inclination to be realistic/pessimistic/downbeat and other's prefer a more upbeat/optimistic approach. Each views the other's attitudes with bewilderment. Nothing anyone writes on here is going to change anyone's basic mentality.   

1 hour ago, Froggie said:

Kyle McAllister is only 17, and already looks like being the best player we've produced in a generation.
Kyle Magennis, Lewis Morgan and Stephen Mallan are all academy graduates, who along with McAllister have performed very well this season.
We've made 4 new signings in the last week.
We got rid of 4 players that didn't want to work hard for the team.
We've only lost 2 of our last 7 league matches.
We're in the semi finals of the Irn Bru cup, and playing a Welsh side. That's European football if you think about it :-)
We're in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup on Saturday.
We've just opened a new disabled platform, paid for partly by the fans, to give our disabled fans better facilities.
We've ditching JD Sports and might actually now be able to buy replica kit in August, and from our own stadium as a result.
We still retain a 33% sell on clause on John McGinn which could be worth north of £1m in time.

Oh sorry, you said 1, I thought you said 10.

2 minutes ago, div said:

Kyle McAllister is only 17, and already looks like being the best player we've produced in a generation.
Kyle Magennis, Lewis Morgan and Stephen Mallan are all academy graduates, who along with McAllister have performed very well this season.
We're in the semi finals of the Irn Bru cup, and playing a Welsh side. That's European football if you think about it :-)
We've just opened a new disabled platform, paid for partly by the fans, to give our disabled fans better facilities.
We've ditching JD Sports and might actually now be able to buy replica kit in August, and from our own stadium as a result.
We still retain a 33% sell on clause on John McGinn which could be worth north of £1m in time.

:thumbs2:thumbs2:thumbs2

3 hours ago, div said:

9 Div. We've only WON 2 of our last 7. Which only keeps us on the loose coat tails of 2 part time teams.

8 Div. The Irn Bru cup is a competition roundly ridiculed pre tournament BECAUSE teams like That were added.

7 Div. We're in the 4th round on the strength of beating the mighty SPARTANS. Hardly a challenge

6 Div. I believe We're NOT ditchingJD. I was led to believe they were ditching us.

Not to be too pessimistic but, for heavens sake, don't scrape the barrel bottom to try to prove a point.

For some of the others. Time will tell whether the newbies are a positive. I hope so.

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

9 Div. We've only WON 2 of our last 7. Which only keeps us on the loose coat tails of 2 part time teams.

8 Div. The Irn Bru cup is a competition roundly ridiculed pre tournament BECAUSE teams like That were added.

7 Div. We're in the 4th round on the strength of beating the mighty SPARTANS. Hardly a challenge

6 Div. I believe We're NOT ditchingJD. I was led to believe they were ditching us.

Not to be too pessimistic but, for heavens sake, don't scrape the barrel bottom to try to prove a point.

For some of the others. Time will tell whether the newbies are a positive. I hope so.

As edinbuddie said , some view with optimism and some with pessimism . Glass half full , half empty if you like. 

I prefer to think we've still got a chance of turning this around. 

16 hours ago, div said:

Well, that's me put firmly in my place ! Dreadfully sorry to have even doubted for a second that things were not going swimmingly.

19 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Stlucifer. For you

pill.jpg

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Technology meltdown

Just now, munoz said:

Make your mind up .  Who are ecstasy tablets for ? 

Sorry I was on ecstasy when I posted this. They were for Stlucifer and i was looking at your quote and someone else distracted me and then I gave them to you By mistake.  There you go Kids there's a warning. Stay of Drugs they muddle your Posts

:wacko:

• 3 months later...

Sell on clauses eh.

Looks like we might benefit from one this summer, but doesn't look like its going to be from the 5 million (!) pound sale of John McGinn we seen discussed earlier in the thread.

Kenny McLean looks to be interesting the new club in Govan, believe our stake in him is 10%.  Could be a nice wee earner.