GLS interview on Clyde tonight

Incompetents never do!  A life lesson you will learn in time.

Our great club need stability, the fans needs to see effort and Jack Ross needs security.  We cannot continue to change managers.  

Agreed. Despite the poor results, I genuinely believe he is the man, eventually, to turn us around. Too many people in the game speak highly of him, not to trust him. We have tried the new manager every 6 months. Didn't work. What was Einstein's definition of madness.

am sure some folk also said we would bounce back from spl,,must be great to no if you shit at job and fail to keep us up your boss tells you job safe,ross will not be given a shit now,they should have kept mouth shut till end of season before telling him job safe,idiots,get the deckchairs out Mr ross and fowler,this club will never learn

3 hours ago, Dan Is The Man said:

I agree fully with all of this post except the final statement- dropping down will set us back years

my question Dan - is will set us back in what respect?

And I mean that sincerely- the last few years have been dire / other clubs of our size and fan base have dropped into league one - restructured and come back fighting 

regardless of where we finish this season - I'm coming round to thinking perhaps we are slowly beginning to turn a corner - hopefully Jack's business in the transfer window twinned with our home produced talent will provide the perfect blend of attractive winning football.

1300 people are committed to a monthly financial outlay - why ? Because like me they love the heart and soul of our football club.

So yes I agree a relegation will set us back briefly- but hey buddie - the only way will be up!

the future is bright- the future is black and white!!!!

Did we not say that when dropping out of the Premiership?

The club needs to stay up, stabilise and get themselves back in the top flight. It's where a club with our infrastructure should be but we have no right to be there on that alone.

Dropping down could potentially set the club back years.

Edited by Liverpool Bud

3 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Did Alex Rae say the his win rate was St Mirrens highest since 1983 ?

Conveniently forgetting our win rate during our promotion seasons

He meant of any St. Mirren manager since 1983. And he was correct. The problem being is that he decimated an already shite squad to a point where it wasn't even recognisable as a football team, though.

Rae came across as a very bitter man who was clearly annoyed at being called out by some of the fans. 

His defence of his signing policy by holding up Kyle Hutton as an example was laughable, as was his statement that he had 4 cup wins, technically true but in the one that mattered when we knew what we had to do we couldn't score a goal in about 60 mins against Edinburgh City and never looked likely too. But that was a win so in his head everything was alright. 

5 hours ago, notabuddie said:

GLS interview is on radio Clyde tonight stating Jack Ross is here for the long haul even if we get relegated.

Means nothing - just another variation on the "vote of confidence". :death

If we get relegated in 10th place then how much confidence would folks have in him being able to get us promoted next season? The club have managed to do a reasonable amount of business in the last week or so and I'd argue that the squad now bears a significant amount of JR's input so if he can't catch one of the to p/t teams and make 9th then I'd not have much confidence in him being able to win Division 1 next season.

PS - What happened to the Gilmour on Radio Scotland thread?

Edited by Bud the Baker

24 minutes ago, Debaser said:

Rae came across as a very bitter man who was clearly annoyed at being called out by some of the fans. 

His defence of his signing policy by holding up Kyle Hutton as an example was laughable, as was his statement that he had 4 cup wins, technically true but in the one that mattered when we knew what we had to do we couldn't score a goal in about 60 mins against Edinburgh City and never looked likely too. But that was a win so in his head everything was alright. 

WHAT?!?! What on earth did he say? He couldn't have picked a worse example to justify his signings if he'd tried :lol:

Was Ian Murray on the radio too? Few comments on Twitter suggesting he was saying stuff.

Edited by Stu

I said could potentially set us back years as nothing is certain of course until we actually experience it, which I hope we don't.

I only say it through past experience of dropping out of the top flight and length of time it took us to get our act together and mount a challenge to get back up. E.g. Hendrie - Coughlin - Macpherson. A lot of big players would probably leave like Sutton and imagine the vast majority of our team would be made up of youngsters, more so than now.

He meant of any St. Mirren manager since 1983. And he was correct. The problem being is that he decimated an already shite squad to a point where it wasn't even recognisable as a football team, though.

Haven't checked but refuse to believe his win rate in the second tier was better than either Gus or Hendrie's.

It's a measure of Alex Rae's desperation to use a radio station sports show to have his dig back at GLS for sacking him. 

He wants to blame everyone but himself for making a monumental arse of building a totally imbalanced squad.

He's a clueless and useless excuse at management.

I reckon he should stick to what he does best, worshipping the new club at every oportunity.  

2 minutes ago, div said:

Haven't checked but refuse to believe his win rate in the second tier was better than either Gus or Hendrie's.

It wasn't but the total win records of Gus and Hendrie were skewed by being in the Premier, MacPherson's especially so.  

1 hour ago, Stu said:

WHAT?!?! What on earth did he say? He couldn't have picked a worse example to justify his signings if he'd tried :lol:

Was Ian Murray on the radio too? Few comments on Twitter suggesting he was saying stuff.

A caller said that the squad was full of either old pros or young kids and Rae came back with something like what about Hutton he was in his prime. 

A caller said that the squad was full of either old pros or young kids and Rae came back with something like what about Hutton he was in his prime. 

If this is Hutton's prime then God help him when he goes off the boil.

1 hour ago, div said:

Purely on second tier? Absolutely not! But over the piece as a St. Mirren manager, it is higher. Those are very skewed figures though given the circumstances of how he started and would have continued this season and taken over a much smaller number of matches than about 90% of our managers in our history... only 32 games (Won 13, win rate of 40.5%).

If you believed the figures in terms of purely win %, Tim Sherwood is the most successful manager Spurs have ever had.

1 hour ago, div said:

I checked it div , edinbuddie is correct , he was the best win percentage since 83 , but he is comparing wins in the second tier against wins in the top tier . using the same comparison Ally McCoist was the best Rangers manager ever

just playing devils advocate,so what if jack ross ain't good enough and total failure,loads of guys on here saying we not got any better and can't understand ross tactics or formations,so do we still stick by him because our board made at least 4 horrendous appointment's,for one a believed we needed an experienced manager,not another rookie but rookie it was,and we still bottom of table,so basically jack ross can be a horrendous manager but because of reasons above he safe in job even if 80 odd applicants went for job?no one should expect or believe to have safe job,especially when bottom of table,terrible decision
[/quote
Anyone got any paracetamol?

Alex Rae is an arsehole. Yes, I known this is a crass and slightly drunk comment, but he is. He's an arsehole, and that arsehole Farrell is an arsehole as well. f**king two-bit ned charlatans. Never trust a ***. Especially one with a tim best mate. FTOF.